• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I'm glad that I haven't been the only one MIA on the DIS boards. That means I wasn't too far behind on your TR. YAY! I am actually surprised you haven't started the new one yet.

Yay for the Jesse and Lacey are moving closer to home. That is SO so wonderful? Did you say how far away they will be? You probably did and I just read right through it.

I love Via Napoli. That salad and pizza look so delish. We will be eating there in August (first meal of the trip) and I am really looking forward to it. The wait staff is really wonderful and attentive. Glad you had such a nice meal.

Hooray for Lacey and Jesse moving closer. I promise not to tell anyone.:) Glad to hear your Mama's health is okay, but sorry about her van.

Your dinner at Via Napoli looked great! The service sounds outstanding. Another place I have to add to my growing list, I guess! I can't wait to hear about your latest trip, too!

We did Via Napoli in July and fell in love with it. We also celebrated my birthday there and I got the same dessert. The pizzas are defintely some of the best in WDW. Can't wait to hear about the latest trip as well.

Yum!!! Your descriptions and pictures from Via are excellent! I haven't been there- in fact in 30 plus years of visiting EPCOT, we have never eaten in Italy- but every review I read makes me want to try this restaurant!

Too funny about Luigi. We had an incident in DL when we complimented our awesome assistant waiter and our waitress got a bit bent out of shape.

Not right on in as in "Ah, Mickeystoontown! We've been waiting on you. Come right on in and have a seat." Don't I wish?!?!

That happened to me at Kouzzina last August. I was dining solo, I arrived about 5 minutes late (because I had to go back to the Beach Club for a new camera battery) and when I checked in they said "We wondered where you were"

Weird!

:rotfl:

Oh, new Hidden Mickeys to look for next time I go! I've never noticed any of those in the Italy area.

Yum, Via Napoli pizza is just sooooo good. I want some right now.

So excited that Lacey and Jesse are moving to LA! I'm sure you are ecstatic to have your baby girl closer to home. I know it's part of life, but I don't look forward to my baby girl flying the coop. Hope your mama's car problems get resolved soon and glad to hear her medical tests came back ok.

I don't know what it is about that salad at Via Napoli, but it is my favorite salad ever - I wish I had some right now! Heck, I'd take a pizza from there too, and while we are at it, some of those little fried balls of deliciousness! We ended up eating at Via Napoli twice on our trip earlier this month, it's definitely one of our favorites too.

That picture of John covering his eyes is too funny! Glad your dinner was yummy - hope you got a good spot for Illuminations. Can't wait to hear more...

Via Napoli looks absolutely delish! Were those extra plates for an oil, vinegar, spice dipping sauce for bread? Some of the Italian places here serve that at the table when you arrive. Yay for easy on the eyes servers!

So glad to hear Lacey and Jesse are moving closer! you must be over the moon!

Sorry your mom has had more health issues/tests but glad they came out ok.

Nice update. We enjoyed our meal at Via Napoli but the service was really slow for us. Friendly but slow, my Dad's meal came out way after Tim's and my pizza did.

Lisa, I'm trying to catch up on the few TR's I'm still following and finally got around to yours.

What a great update. I FINALLY ate at Via Napoli (since I've removed my TR, let me just tell you that it was ABSOLUTELY wonderful; I definitely believe they bring in water because ALL other Florida pizza is awful).

I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: on the floor with John and his nodding and eye contact with Luigi. I can so see John covering his face for the rest of the night. Hunter looks happy wtih his serenade (they did that with Todd too).

That is awesome that Lacey and Jesse are moving closer to you. Has Jesse found a local job yet? Hopefully the move will go smoothly!!!

I LOVE Via Napoli. It really is one of my favorite places on property.

Check this out!!!!!! I have a new home computer and it's letting me multi-quote. Sorry for going backwards but, hey, at least I'm here.

Lisa, I'm trying to catch up on the few TR's I'm still following and finally got around to yours.

What a great update. I FINALLY ate at Via Napoli (since I've removed my TR, let me just tell you that it was ABSOLUTELY wonderful; I definitely believe they bring in water because ALL other Florida pizza is awful).

I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: on the floor with John and his nodding and eye contact with Luigi. I can so see John covering his face for the rest of the night. Hunter looks happy wtih his serenade (they did that with Todd too).

Isn't the pizza there fabulous! It's got to be the water. :teeth: We got so tickled at John having to sit with his eyes covered. Luigi was such a good worker that he was over there at lightening speed any time John even halfway looked at him.

That is awesome that Lacey and Jesse are moving closer to you. Has Jesse found a local job yet? Hopefully the move will go smoothly!!!

I LOVE Via Napoli. It really is one of my favorite places on property.

We are over the moon excited that they are moving here! Jesse hasn't found a job yet nor has Lacey but she had a really really good interview last Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed that she gets the job.

I've never read a bad review of Via Napoli. I remember the picture of Claire's big eyes when ya'll ordered the big pizza there.

:rotfl2:LOL at "Stop Making Eye Contact!"

He was NOT allowed to make eye contact after Luigi came over for the upteenthtime. LOL

So excited that Lacey and Jesse are moving to LA! I'm sure you are ecstatic to have your baby girl closer to home. I know it's part of life, but I don't look forward to my baby girl flying the coop. Hope your mama's car problems get resolved soon and glad to hear her medical tests came back ok.

Girl, I hate to tell ya but it's not easy letting the birds fly the coop. I thought that sending her to missionary college was bad and that's when I knew that she'd be home every Summer and holiday. Mama is supposed to get her van back sometime this week. Whenever it is, it won't be soon enough. The poor lady is going stir crazy even though we are taking her anywhere that she needs to go.

I don't know what it is about that salad at Via Napoli, but it is my favorite salad ever - I wish I had some right now! Heck, I'd take a pizza from there too, and while we are at it, some of those little fried balls of deliciousness! We ended up eating at Via Napoli twice on our trip earlier this month, it's definitely one of our favorites too.

Oh I can certainly eat at Via Napoli twice too! It is soooo good!

That picture of John covering his eyes is too funny! Glad your dinner was yummy - hope you got a good spot for Illuminations. Can't wait to hear more...

John said if he didn't cover his eyes, he knew that Luigi was going to think that he was calling him over again.

Via Napoli looks absolutely delish! Were those extra plates for an oil, vinegar, spice dipping sauce for bread? Some of the Italian places here serve that at the table when you arrive. Yay for easy on the eyes servers!

I am not sure if we ordered bread or not. Maybe? Hum?

So glad to hear Lacey and Jesse are moving closer! you must be over the moon!

Sorry your mom has had more health issues/tests but glad they came out ok.

Nice update. We enjoyed our meal at Via Napoli but the service was really slow for us. Friendly but slow, my Dad's meal came out way after Tim's and my pizza did.

Heck yeah, we are definitely over the moon! October can't get here quickly enough.

Mama is doing better, thank God!

Oh no, I hate to hear that your service was so slow. John got his pasta way before our pizzas. I wonder what as up when you were there?

I'm glad that I haven't been the only one MIA on the DIS boards. That means I wasn't too far behind on your TR. YAY! I am actually surprised you haven't started the new one yet.

Mary Ellen, I just can't seem to get or stay caught up anymore. UGH!

Yay for the Jesse and Lacey are moving closer to home. That is SO so wonderful? Did you say how far away they will be? You probably did and I just read right through it.

They have actually looked at a house in our neighborhood but aren't sure about it. They'll definitely be close.

I love Via Napoli. That salad and pizza look so delish. We will be eating there in August (first meal of the trip) and I am really looking forward to it. The wait staff is really wonderful and attentive. Glad you had such a nice meal.

I love salads and the salad that we ordered at Via Napoli was delicious! I could have just had the salad and been happy.

Hooray for Lacey and Jesse moving closer. I promise not to tell anyone.:) Glad to hear your Mama's health is okay, but sorry about her van.

I can't wait for them to move!!!!! Mama's van is still in the shop but it's supposed to be done this week.

Your dinner at Via Napoli looked great! The service sounds outstanding. Another place I have to add to my growing list, I guess! I can't wait to hear about your latest trip, too!

Definitely add Via Napoli to the list of restaurants to try. It's wonderful!

We did Via Napoli in July and fell in love with it. We also celebrated my birthday there and I got the same dessert. The pizzas are defintely some of the best in WDW. Can't wait to hear about the latest trip as well.

Isn't Via Napoli great!?! Hopefully, I can get started on the new report soon.

Yum!!! Your descriptions and pictures from Via are excellent! I haven't been there- in fact in 30 plus years of visiting EPCOT, we have never eaten in Italy- but every review I read makes me want to try this restaurant!

Dee, until they opened Via Napoli, we hadn't eaten in Italy either. It's so very good.

Too funny about Luigi. We had an incident in DL when we complimented our awesome assistant waiter and our waitress got a bit bent out of shape.

These guys were so nice and didn't seem to mind Luigi helping us out even if it weren't his table.

That happened to me at Kouzzina last August. I was dining solo, I arrived about 5 minutes late (because I had to go back to the Beach Club for a new camera battery) and when I checked in they said "We wondered where you were"

Weird!

:rotfl:

You are famous! They were just sitting there waiting on you to arrive!

Oh, new Hidden Mickeys to look for next time I go! I've never noticed any of those in the Italy area.

Yum, Via Napoli pizza is just sooooo good. I want some right now.

I didn't know about the hidden Mickey until I saw it on another Disers report. I found the second one all by myself.

I am thrilled to hear the news about Lacey and Jesse!!! :woohoo:

My lips are sealed :ssst:

Also glad to hear things are going ok for Mama, health-wise.

:grouphug:

Hopefully, you won't have to keep your lips sealed for long! Lacey's phone interview went extremely well and she was told that's she is one of the top candidates for the job.

I am about a million pages behind on your report!!! Back before you even left for the most recent one...

DisneyQuest- I'm so glad to hear you found something you liked. Or I guess, loved! I am not a fan. Although I am with John and the classic Atari games. Galaga is awesome!

I'm sure that you heard the news by now that Disney Quest is closing it's doors. Hunter was bummed!

I'm so sorry your meal at Kona was disappointing, but I'm glad you will be giving it a shot at breakfast. So good!!!

Wellllllll, let's just say that Kona is a no-go for a while.

Loved your review of the Keys to the Kingdom tour, even though you didn't give away much. I really want to do that someday, probably without the boys. Nate is eligible to do it now, but Ben still has a couple of years before he can go.

We enjoyed the tour so very much. I would highly suggest it when Ben reaches the age that he can take the tour. It didn't spoil the magic at all.

The pictures around empty Main Street and the castle/partners statue are awesome. Very jealous, here!

It was the neatest thing to see Main Street so empty.

Of course your comprehensive tour of CBR and the store/food court warms my heart! I'll be doing that in August at BC!

I knew that you would understand my need to take other Disers on my tour of the resort.

Great picture of the three of you at CBR (you definitely win the best use of a mousekeeping cart for photos award) and the one of you on the boat on the way to Hoop-de-Doo is great. Really gorgeous shots from the boat!

The mousekeeping cart was in just the right spot.

We have not done HDD, although all we ever hear are ringing endorsements.

This cracks me up!!!

:rotfl2:

If your group likes corny jokes and good Southern food, the Hoop would be something you guys would enjoy.

PHEW!

Caught up!

:cool1:

So did you ever resolve your quoting issues? I am having trouble with multi-quote. it is not working for me. I have to now highlight the text I want to quote and hit reply and then go on to the next message instead of just hitting the plus/multiquote button. Not ideal, but it is at least a workable solution. Regular reply is working fine for me. I tried to find the solution by posting the issue on the DIS Technical Board, but nothing helpful came of that.

Until just now, I still couldn't multi-quote. I even tried today at work.

:sad2:

I am honored that you mentioned using my string-bag method for by passing bag check. I'm not always traveling light enough for it to work, but there are times that it is really helpful.

And I appreciate you showing off the bags every chance you get. You are a walking advertisement for me.

Great Test Track pictures and the "Love the Yoda Car, I do"

Hunter loved that car! He would have driven it right out of the building if he could.

You do not need to make apologies to me for all the Living with the Land pictures! :love:

Jesse's parents wanted to go on Living with the Land but didn't understand the importance of actually using a Fastpass.

I'm also a big fan of Spaceship Earth!

What upstairs at Electric Umbrella???

My group ate there for the first time in June. Saving tables so 17 of us could sit relatively close together was not easy, but it wasn't as hard as I though it would be, either!

Yes m'am, there is an upstairs. If you are standing facing the counter, the stairs are to your right and near the entrance. Sometimes, they have them roped off but when it's busy, they'll allow guests to sit upstairs.

Glad you got that last ride on Maelstorm.

I was happy that we got to take that one last ride.

I have never done pick-a-pearl in Japan. Truth be told, I don't wear much jewelry, but I love watching the ceremony.

I get my love of jewelry from my Mama. I feel naked without jewelry.

Your pictures of the snacks in Japan gave me a great idea for when I go with the gals in August. I am going to suggest we all pick a snack from there and then I'm going to triple-dog-dare everyone to try some.

That's a great idea! Do you have a Michael's store in your area? There's a game by Jelly Belly that's called Bean Boozled. We bought the game in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (back before they started selling them here.) There's a spinner and a bunch of jelly beans. You spin the spinner and it will land on a certain color jelly bean. Sounds decent huh? Think again....there are two different flavors per color. Some taste like chocolate and others taste like dog food. Some taste like buttered popcorn and some taste like rotten eggs. It's definitely a triple-dog-dare kind of game.

Not a urinal! Classic Mickeystoontown!!!

:lmao:

Hunter is quite the jokester.

Do you have a Michael's store in your area? There's a game by Jelly Belly that's called Bean Boozled. We bought the game in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (back before they started selling them here.) There's a spinner and a bunch of jelly beans. You spin the spinner and it will land on a certain color jelly bean. Sounds decent huh? Think again....there are two different flavors per color. Some taste like chocolate and others taste like dog food. Some taste like buttered popcorn and some taste like rotten eggs. It's definitely a triple-dog-dare kind of game.

Kind of like Bertie Botts from Harry Potter.

Ben always gets those as a souvenir when we visit Universal. He saved the ones he got in February for his class trip and he was distributing them on one of the bus rides. When one of the boys started gagging, I put a stop to that game!

Hi Lisa! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I think I'm all caught up now...

Love Via Napoli! I don't know if it's the water or what, but I agree that place is amazing!

John's photo was hilarious. Maybe he should eat all his meals that way!:rotfl2:

Keep the updates coming....I want to hear about this latest trip!!! ;)

Trying my best to get this report done ASAP! If only the boss would stop giving me stuff to do.

I like to know how much they charge to Pick a Pearl. I'd really like to do that on our next trip.

Last year we paid $17 per oyster.

Thanks Tash for answering!

::yes::

Yes. Yes I can!

Thanks for the tour of POR. Looks like a pretty resort. Nursing home and all. Are there rooms there or is that a public building of some sort?

There are rooms in the manor/plantation style buildings. Some of our nursing homes do look like that but I didn't even realize it under John said it.

Galaga was my favorite arcade in high school, too!!!

:hyper:

So sorry that Kona was not great for you. :(

I know! I was looking forward to it.

We love the breakfast there. If you ever decide to give it another chance, I would suggest that meal.

But we have always had decent dinners there.

:(

]

That picture of Hunter is hilarious! Something Skip would do!!!!
The pick a pearl is always fun. I did finally buy something to put Claire's last pearl in. I can see her wanting another one next time we go...whenever that may be.

Hunter is such a goof! Sooooo, no Disney plans on the horizon?

I still don't know what happened but now I'm concerned

It's all settled down for the most part. Just glad that it's over.

I cant believe your trip is over and your back! Time just flys! I hope you will be doing another trip report. I just really enjoy reading them. What the heck is going on, on the Disboard I dont even know anything?

There were some upsetting things said about other Dis members. I'm glad that I wasn't around to witness it.

I'm another curious one regarding what the story on the DIS is. Popped in here today to see if Lisa has started a new thread yet. I know you'll let us know, right?

Oh yeah, I'll let ya'll know when I get the next one started.

Wow, Lisa. Your life is never dull!! So excited about getting Lacey and Jesse to Louisiana!! I know you are over the moon. Glad Mama's tests were good, but sorry about the car. Car repairs are just the pits. We will wait patiently for your return. :hourglass

Nope, never a dull moment but then again who wants to be dull? LOL!

How wonderful about Lacey and Jesse moving to Louisiana! Glad to hear that Mama's medical tests went well, but sorry that's the car's tests weren't as good. Don't worry - I'm sticking' with ya!

Thank you Darla!

I'm not going anywhere!! I'm up to checking the Dis 2-3 times a day now....in countdown mode for our trip, and having a hard time focusing on work or anything else :rolleyes:

Thanks for being such a loyal reader!

:banana: That must be so exciting for you. I know my Mama would be thrilled if I ever moved back to PA. I'm not sure I could handle the snow any more though if I ever did move back.

That's great news! Glad she is doing well other than the car troubles.

Of course! I'm not going any where.

We can hardly wait for them to get here!

Kind of like Bertie Botts from Harry Potter.

Ben always gets those as a souvenir when we visit Universal. He saved the ones he got in February for his class trip and he was distributing them on one of the bus rides. When one of the boys started gagging, I put a stop to that game!

Yes, like those! I have read about them before...maybe in your reports? Possibly? Maybe? Oh wow! I can see why you'd want to put a stop to the game right then and there.

Hi Lisa! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I think I'm all caught up now...

Love Via Napoli! I don't know if it's the water or what, but I agree that place is amazing!

John's photo was hilarious. Maybe he should eat all his meals that way!:rotfl2:

Hey! It's okay to be MIA. I have been MIA for a while now. Just now getting back into the groove of things.

That's a suggestion that I'm going to make!

Well, look at that.....I think that I may have possibly caught up on my own report. Okay, I still have to put the links into the first page. Hopefully, I didn't miss anybody. If I did, I certainly didn't mean to and I hope that you still love me. :P:D My boss has taken his mother to MD Anderson Cancer Center this week and I'm almost done with my deadlines. Gonna get this report report done if it kills me!

In the meantime, check out my latest article: Should You Make Requests on Your Disney Resort Reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter