Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Thanks to the suggestion of my Dis friend, Dee, I bought an underwater camera a few years ago and I am so glad that I did I used it while on our Disney Dream cruise and have used it many other times since then including on this trip. After getting all settled in our raft, the castmember gave us a little shove and off we went!

:cool1:

YAY!!! I got a shoutout!!!

As you know, I absolutely love my underwater point and shoots and that is what I use almost exclusively for all my photos.

I will be interested in hearing your comparisons of BB to TL. I prefer the theming at TL, I like the wave pool better, CrushNGusher is awesome and Shark Reef is right up my alley. But the family ride at BB is so much better!

Glad the family raft ride was not toe-curling cold this time.

Wow! Great wait times. We have never done a full water park day- we always arrive in the afternoon, so we definitely see longer waits.

What a sweet story about the little boy! I'm sure the family appreciates your helps so he could enjoy the slide.

Looking forward to hearing more about your day.

:fish:

Sounds like you picked the perfect day to visit Typhoon Lagoon. Short waits and decent water temps...

That was sweet of you to help out that little boy. I'm sure you made the dad's life a lot easier. And I'm sure the kid had a blast going down the slide.

It can be really hard to relax, even on vacation, but it's good to see John was able to take a break on a lounge chair for the morning.

Enjoying your recap of TL. You don't see a lot of waterpark reviews in TR's. We went to BB a few years back but didn't go to TL. We might try and visit one this summer again. Thoughts on which one was better??

Loving this trip report. We have been several times but it has been a few years. Just booked our trip for Dec. It will be our babies first trip there. I couldn't stop reading this report. I started yesterday and while I should have done laundry and cleaned while the baby slept...I didn't. Your trip report is making me so ready to be back!

I'm still catching up (didn't realize I fell so far behind!) and just finished the paparazzi updates. Thank you for sharing so many pictures. I'm excited to stay at CBR and I think my husband will love it, especially when he finds out about the fishing excursion I plan to book for him and the older boys ;)

And your Under the Sea ride reminded me of our first visit, the guys were totally humoring me, but they were good sports and didn't complain.

I think the family slide at Blizzard Beach was so cold to make it feel more like winter there. :tongue:

I love your reviews and the action pics on the slide. You are too funny!

Um, I seem to remember you saying you post ALL the pictures you take, so I'd like to see the one of yourself that you said you aren't posting. That's not ALL the pictures. :rotfl2:

Those wait times were amazing. Your day is off to a great start!

Love the waterpark pictures. Looks like a great day. It was so nice of you to help the father and son.

I thought I replied yesterday, but I don't see it! So if I'm blind, it's there, and this is a duplicate, I'm sorry!

Loving the day at the water park! We haven't been to BB, and not to TL since 2008 or something like that, you're making me want to go back. Those slides look FUN!

How sweet of you to help out that little boy so he and his dad could both slide. Very kind!

Sorry for the disappearing act. I have what we think is the flu and I've been almost completely down for the count. Notice I said "almost". I am still a Mom and Wife and Paralegal so I'm still doing Mama things and am at work. Feeling totally yuck but better. Hope to get replies done as soon as possible.

Hope you feel better. I love all the pictures! We like the BB family raft ride better. I remember going to TL with May parents when TL just opened. We went on the family raft ride and my dad flipped out thinking the rocks were real telling my sister and I to watch our heads, since we were headed straight on to the rocks. He almost jumped across the raft. As you know we were fine and the rocks weren't real. TL raft ride is a bit wicked, but very fun! I'd love to know where you got your underwater camera for the next time we go.
Lindsey

Feel better!
The water park looks like so much fun. I really need to take Claire there some day as I know she will love them.

Looks like you were having a blast at Typhoon Lagoon! What a great park that is. I was really impressed with Disney's theming there.

So glad you could watch that little boy so he could go down the slide. Nice work, Lisa! :thumbsup2

Those wait times!!:eek: What a perfect day to be there! It would be like having the place to yourself!

Now that you mention it, I distinctly remember one of those slides being a lot rougher and bumpier than the other too.

Can't wait to see what you think of the Crush 'n Gusher!

I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm still not getting e-mail updates, so I just finally was able to get all caught up. I'm really looking forward to your pre-trip report as we will be there the same time as you I think! I'm also thinking of investing in a waterproof camera for the trip. My boyfriend has never been in the summer before, so we are doing a day at Blizzard Beach. I do like the theme of TL, but after a bad experience there as a kid (no fault of Disney, all the fault of my mother who was terrified of the wave pool, didn't trust me swimming despite being great at it, and dragged me along the rough floor trying to "save me"!), I'm not too keen on going back quickly. The wave pool at BB is more our speed :rotfl2:

Your Disney Side party looked fab as well!! Hopefully I can get this e-mail alert issue figured out and not fall behind again.

Hope you feel better soon. I love how you said you're still a wife, mama and paralegal (even when sick)! There is no rest for the weary. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

:rotfl: :laughing: :lmao: you crack me up!!!!

lovin the pictures and yes water proof camera are perfect!!!

I love my water proof camera!

Sounds like a really great time at Typhoon Lagoon! I admit I'm not a big lover of the water parks, but you're making me want to go back there for another try.
I think it's really sweet for you to comfort the little boy so his dad could meet him at the bottom.

I'm not a big water lover person but we love the Disney water parks.

Looks like a great start to the day, Lisa. I could do the family slide, but none of those other ones you did.

I'm glad the dad let his son stay up with you while he went down so that his son could go down and he could meet his dad at the bottom. That was very sweet of you.

I really should invest in an underwater camera...for my husband (I don't go underwater very often).

They really weren't that bad, Kathy. You should give it another try.

I love reading about the water parks since I've never been and probably won't since I go during colder times. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun so far!

We were having a great time!

Typhoon lagoon is the only waterpark of the two I have been too, but I haven't been since 2006. Going to a waterpark and wanting to take pictures I think the waterproof camera is a must. Looks like a blast can't wait to hear more.

We have now been to both and give Blizzard Beach a slight lead.

Lisa, you crack me up with your explanations of things. Seriously, gal, I just love you. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You and Hunter are getting a lot done.

And good for John just taking it easy and relaxing. We all need a day like that...well, except you and Hunter. ;)

Love ya too Kathy! Give those girls a big hug for me.

I love how well themed the water parks are. Food is always a priority before an attraction! I don't care how short a wait for said attraction.

Disney really knows how to "theme" their parks.

Great update! I like the water parks, they are fun. I am not a big thrill ride person but I do love water slides. Looking forward to seeing the Crush and Gusher and what you guys thought of it.

I've never been a thrill ride person either. I'm seriously a wussy when it comes to that kind of stuff. But I love the water parks!

:love:

You are so sweet, Lisa! :love:

Awww, thank you!

I've been away from the Dis for a little over the week, but I read your posts from a week ago and I have a couple of quick observations:
Copper is cute!

I like the towel creations you're making.

Looks like your Disney party was a real success!

Isn't Copper just the cutest thing ever?!

We had a wonderful time at the party!

All caught up! Love your water park pictures! Very nice of you to help out that father and his little boy. I notice that people, mostly (with some rare exceptions), are nicer at Disney. For example, I feel much more comfortable starting a conversation with a complete stranger, and they seem to have the same comfort in responding.

It's true! People (well most of 'em) do seem nicer while in Disney.

so which water park did you like better? On my trip in 2009 I went to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but liked Typhoon better, mainly because of the theme of it. Blizzard beach reminded me to much of winter at home.
11498757743_f2408d0526_z_d.jpg

that's a picture from a big snow/ freezing rain storm we had in 2013 just before christmas. We were lucky a lot of people in Toronto didn't have power for the christmas break.
11498688784_184a339fe8_z_d.jpg

This winter wasn't nearly as bad but the snow that we got at the end of January only melted about a week ago we still have some in spots where the sun hasn't gotten to yet.

Holy crap! I don't envy ya'll with all that bad weather. Louisiana shut down for almost a week and all we got was a couple of inches.

We would probably give Blizzard Beach a slight edge but that could probably be because it was "new to us" and our first time there.

you are a dang riot.. I laughed so hard at your description of yourself! and the guest wiping snot off! :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

your way too fun!!! Never been to either water park. Maybe one day..

Hey, I'm pretty sure that more than one person had to wipe shot after seeing me go down those slides.

Loving your day at Typhoon Lagoon! We haven't done the water parks, but it looks like a blast!

If you ever get a chance, do the water parks! They are so much fun!

:cool1:

YAY!!! I got a shoutout!!!

Yes m'am, had to let everybody know who suggested that I get a waterproof camera.

As you know, I absolutely love my underwater point and shoots and that is what I use almost exclusively for all my photos.

I will be interested in hearing your comparisons of BB to TL. I prefer the theming at TL, I like the wave pool better, CrushNGusher is awesome and Shark Reef is right up my alley. But the family ride at BB is so much better!

Blizzard Beach beat Typhoon Lagoon but just by a slight edge. It may have been due to the fact that this was our first time at Blizzard Beach though.

Glad the family raft ride was not toe-curling cold this time.

We were too!

Wow! Great wait times. We have never done a full water park day- we always arrive in the afternoon, so we definitely see longer waits.

We are long gone from the water parks by the afternoon.

What a sweet story about the little boy! I'm sure the family appreciates your helps so he could enjoy the slide.

Looking forward to hearing more about your day.

:fish:

I could see that the little guy wanted to ride but he was afraid to stay alone at the top. I'm glad that I was able to help calm his fears.

Sounds like you picked the perfect day to visit Typhoon Lagoon. Short waits and decent water temps...

That was sweet of you to help out that little boy. I'm sure you made the dad's life a lot easier. And I'm sure the kid had a blast going down the slide.

It can be really hard to relax, even on vacation, but it's good to see John was able to take a break on a lounge chair for the morning.

It was a great day and time to visit! John has no problem whatsoever on the relaxing part. He can take a break anywhere.

Enjoying your recap of TL. You don't see a lot of waterpark reviews in TR's. We went to BB a few years back but didn't go to TL. We might try and visit one this summer again. Thoughts on which one was better??

If you haven't tried Typhoon Lagoon yet, I'd say go there. Not because we liked it better but it's a great water park!

Loving this trip report. We have been several times but it has been a few years. Just booked our trip for Dec. It will be our babies first trip there. I couldn't stop reading this report. I started yesterday and while I should have done laundry and cleaned while the baby slept...I didn't. Your trip report is making me so ready to be back!

Thank you! Glad to have you onboard! Awww, the babies first trip? I remember when it has our kiddos' first trip.

Sounds like you all had a perfect day. Makes me rethink both water parks.

We had so much fun!

I'm still catching up (didn't realize I fell so far behind!) and just finished the paparazzi updates. Thank you for sharing so many pictures. I'm excited to stay at CBR and I think my husband will love it, especially when he finds out about the fishing excursion I plan to book for him and the older boys ;)

And your Under the Sea ride reminded me of our first visit, the guys were totally humoring me, but they were good sports and didn't complain.

Oooh, if you do book the excursion, please post about it on the CBR page. I don't think that we have any reviews there.

I think the family slide at Blizzard Beach was so cold to make it feel more like winter there. :tongue:

I love your reviews and the action pics on the slide. You are too funny!

Um, I seem to remember you saying you post ALL the pictures you take, so I'd like to see the one of yourself that you said you aren't posting. That's not ALL the pictures. :rotfl2:

Those wait times were amazing. Your day is off to a great start!

No m'am! That pic is staying in the Disney vault.

Love the waterpark pictures. Looks like a great day. It was so nice of you to help the father and son.

Thanks! I hope to get more posted today!

Oh no!! Praying you feel better quickly!!

Thank you! I'm feeling a bit better but not 100%.

Aw! FEEL BETTER!!!!

Thanks! Feeling some better. Not at my best yet but better.

Hope you feel better. I love all the pictures! We like the BB family raft ride better. I remember going to TL with May parents when TL just opened. We went on the family raft ride and my dad flipped out thinking the rocks were real telling my sister and I to watch our heads, since we were headed straight on to the rocks. He almost jumped across the raft. As you know we were fine and the rocks weren't real. TL raft ride is a bit wicked, but very fun! I'd love to know where you got your underwater camera for the next time we go.
Lindsey

Thank you Lindsey! Oh my gosh, I love that story! Those are the kind of stories that live on forever and ever.

Feel better!
The water park looks like so much fun. I really need to take Claire there some day as I know she will love them.

Thanks Jen! Feeling a little better today. I bet that Claire would have a great time at the water parks.

Looks like you were having a blast at Typhoon Lagoon! What a great park that is. I was really impressed with Disney's theming there.

So glad you could watch that little boy so he could go down the slide. Nice work, Lisa! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I knew that he wanted to go down so badly.

Those wait times!!:eek: What a perfect day to be there! It would be like having the place to yourself!

It almost felt like it. All the way up until early afternoon, the wait times were super short.

Now that you mention it, I distinctly remember one of those slides being a lot rougher and bumpier than the other too.

Yeah, my backbone can attest to that.

Can't wait to see what you think of the Crush 'n Gusher!

coming up soon

I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm still not getting e-mail updates, so I just finally was able to get all caught up. I'm really looking forward to your pre-trip report as we will be there the same time as you I think! I'm also thinking of investing in a waterproof camera for the trip. My boyfriend has never been in the summer before, so we are doing a day at Blizzard Beach. I do like the theme of TL, but after a bad experience there as a kid (no fault of Disney, all the fault of my mother who was terrified of the wave pool, didn't trust me swimming despite being great at it, and dragged me along the rough floor trying to "save me"!), I'm not too keen on going back quickly. The wave pool at BB is more our speed :rotfl2:

Your Disney Side party looked fab as well!! Hopefully I can get this e-mail alert issue figured out and not fall behind again.

Thank you! The email crap is driving me nuts too. I get so far behind no matter what I do. I finally had to go to the watched threads and mark them all read even if they weren't. Then, when I got the emails, I had to view the thread in order to keep getting the updates. It's odd.

Oh I'm not going in a wave pool. No way! No how! Especially when I hear stories like your's.

Hope you feel better soon. I love how you said you're still a wife, mama and paralegal (even when sick)! There is no rest for the weary. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Thank you! an update is coming up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter