• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Crybabies!

sanapunk

<font color=blue>Kahtkateer<br><font color=red>Me
Anyone else out there like me the kind of person who tears up uncontrollably at the sign of ANYTHING pertaining to Disney? I'm listening to Disney music in the car, I choke up. I'm watching a Disney movie and the castle in beginning of every movie makes me tear up. But the worst of all...

I see a commercial for WDW and start practically bawling!! I used to never be like this until the "obsession" began. I mean I've always been a Disney girl my whole life, but when I began to plan my first vacation on my own when I turned 17 and joined my beloved disboards, the sign of anything Disney makes me so sentimental!

I know I can't be alone on this, let me know I'm not by sharing your sentimental Disney stories! :)

I cried just reading this post.

LOL!

I do tear up with many things Disney - wish I could control it better, I just look like a total Disney geek:rotfl2: Confirms all my friends opinion of me!!

I confess that when I have a bad week and it is Saturday and I step into DL, I have to wear sunglasses because it gets so dusty my eyes tear up.

And on the way to DL, there is always this one billboard and it is always something Disney...it gets really dusty in the car then too.

I went to see Pirates this weekend.... the beginning shots of the castle really got me..... along with the ride dialogue they incorporated into the movie. Does anyone have a hankie???:sad1:

When I went to see Pirates last week, I got misty at the opening with the castle and the fireworks!!! Of course, I had just gotten back from a visit to the World-so it was just me being homesick.

"When You Wish Upon a Star" gets me EVERY time.

Yes yes yes! Although I also get teary at a lot of baby/kid stuff: sappy commercials, watching my husband play with the kids, etc. I never used to be like this before the kids, so I blame the hormone change that comes with having kids. But really, who can listen to Baby Mine from Dumbo and not get teary?

Heck ya! And thanks for stealing my thunder. I was honestly going to post this EXACT SAME thread this morning after weeping openly in my car on Saturday when I put the MSEP on my ipod. DH tears up too. When we saw Meet the Robinsons I looked over at hime during the opening when they showed the castle and he was all dewey eyed!

Count me in, I don't cry all the time but everything Disney gets my full attention. every time Disney is on the travel channel I watch it and I just sit
entranced at it all over again:)

I must have looked like an idiot when we hit the MK last trip. We had just arrived- all the kids (4) excited to get on some rides. We walk in and the parade had just started. There was still plenty of room so we were able to watch and as soon as that music started- so did the waterworks. My oldest kept asking are you ok mom? My little guy kept saying "mommy cryin?" and kissing me. Yep add me to the cry list.

Wow!!! I'm not alone!!! It's GREAT to know that there are others out there like me. When my Hubby and I went the past Nov/Dec I cried so hard at check in (the WL) I had the CM and the people next to me crying. They were passing around a box of tissue. I don't know what happened to me. But it was bad. I just seem to stay emotional about Disney. Maybe because when we are there we get to forget about the rest of the world.

I get a little misty when @ WDW watching my kids with the characters or while they're watching the parades.

I get a little misty when @ WDW watching my kids with the characters or while they're watching the parades.

I tend to cry during happy events too. At least I know it's going to happen so I can be prepared. DD was chosen to be in the parade at MGM last year and I walked behind her crying the whole time. Thank goodness for sunglasses!! LOL

Also I don't cry, but I get really itchy to go back to WDW when I hear "Mickey's Countdown" on the MM Clubhouse cd. I don't know what it is about that song, but it really reminds me of the world.

Listening to the ship's "When you Wish Upon A Star" horn just sends chills, then tears, but they're happy ones!

I am so in agreement with you on this one! none of my 'adult' friends understand why I feel so much emotion about Disney. It's like my heart feels like it is swelling up and I immediately start sniffing. I just can't describe it. It is part of me and who I am. man-I even sound crazy to myself now!

Whenever I listen to the Wishes soundtrack, you can almost bet I will get teary-eyed. I just love that show and it so reminds me of the world. The worst is when we are driving from the airport to the resort and I see all the signs for WDW. And from the resort to the ship, just as we go over one last hill and I see the ship in the distance. I cry everytime.

I made a total FOOL out of myself at my doctor's office a few months ago. They always play muzak in the waiting room. I generally don't listen because it's usually some lame version of "Don't Cry Out Loud" or something like that. So, I try and tune it out.

I was sitting there reading a magazing and thinking to myself about the trip we'll take DD on when she's 18 months. My parents are all excited about it, too. We are already planning (gotta do something in the meantime, right?!?).

All of a sudden, I heard it. "A dream is a wish your heart makes......" OMG. I tried to fight it. I really did. I was reading the magazine about signs of labor. Meanwhile, I'm listening to the song and thinking about how I never thought I'd ever be planning a trip to WDW for a daughter (or any child, for that matter). I started crying and had to go out in the hallway. I called DH who started laughing at me. :rolleyes:

Then he tells me how I'm going to be a blubbering mess for the whole trip so we'd better make sure we pack tissues. So, in December of 2008, if you see some woman crying for the ENTIRE trip, that will be me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter