Disney Cruise Wedding Photography

CaseyLynn

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are renewing our vows on the Disney Dream Dec 2014. I am so excited and have already started planning. When we got married it was at a tiny local courthouse while my husband was still in the military. We had a big wedding planned in TN, but we ended up moving to California. Then it got put on hold again because we had a few sweet children. 2 boys & a girl :) I am so happy that our kids get to be involved.

Now on to my question: I know that Disney uses a third party for photos. Does anyone know if they are good? & Who it even is? Or is it better to bring your own photographer/find someone in the area down there who are willing to go on the cruise

Also any advice or tips for the wedding are greatly appreciated. I am thinking about having my kids dress as their favorite Disney Character.

Thank you in advance!

I can't answer your question but......

there is a Wedding Forum with a Wedding Cruise thread. You may want to look that up.

From the posts there, some have been happy with them, some have not, some have brought their own photographer.

I honestly think I am searching wrong, because I cant find the cruise one. I can find it for Disney World, but that is it. I will keep searching, thank you!!

I honestly think I am searching wrong, because I cant find the cruise one. I can find it for Disney World, but that is it. I will keep searching, thank you!!

Hey there!
I'm in the Disney Cruise Brides thread (getting married on the westbound Transatlantic next year).

See you over there :thumbsup2

Hi , I got married at Castaway Cay on Sept 2010. By the time all my guests had reserved their cabins there was no more left for me to take an outside photographer, there were only COncierge rooms available which was way out of our budget. We had no other option but to use the onboard photographer. I was very surprised on how much time he spent with us and the quality of the photos. He took pics at the ceremony on Castaway , beach , with all the characters on the island, if front of the boat , the reception afterwards at PAlo, and a few around the ship while it was completely empty :hug: I ended up purchasing the CD with all the pics because I couldn't decide.

I hope you have a wonderful Renewal !!!

We're celebrating our 3 years this SEpt on the Dream:lovestruc:lovestruc

We did our vow renewal on Castaway and couldn't have been more pleased with Disney's photographer. She met with us the first day of the cruise, with a portfolio. We went over the shots we liked and didn't like. She had some great ideas and some of those turned out to be our favorites.

Here is one of my favorites:
back.jpg

Looks like we had the place to ourselves, doesn't it?

Good luck and enjoy!

We were married on the magic in 2010 and were very impressed with the photographer. They have a set time to go around the ship with you after the ceremony but our photographer definitely went over the allowed time. Your supposed to get i think 45min and he was with us 1.5 to 2 hrs with us. Very impressed with there work.

leelip1982 said:
We were married on the magic in 2010 and were very impressed with the photographer. They have a set time to go around the ship with you after the ceremony but our photographer definitely went over the allowed time. Your supposed to get i think 45min and he was with us 1.5 to 2 hrs with us. Very impressed with there work.

We had the same experience. Ours even asked us if there were any other pics that we wanted besides what he already took.

Thank you, everyone!! I am so excited! We were married 11/26/07 so it will be right after our 7 years anniversary :) I also say I'm celebrating my 30th birthday even though it is a little bit past it.

Hi,

I just read your post and was interested in knowing how your pictures turned out. I am getting married on the Disney dream this August and have the same concern regarding photography.

Ill see if I can dig up any of our pics. Usually the way it works is that at some point on embarkation day, youll meet with the onboard planner and the photographer from Shutters. They will show you some pictures that have been taken in the past as ideas. Ours asked if there was anything else we wanted. I think we had some where around 300 pictures by the time we were done and they all looked good, as well as several black and white photos.

Wow 300 pictures! That's great! The wedding guide they email you says the photographer will cover the ceremony, cake cutting and first dance. Do they also allow for time when the bride is getting ready? As well as shots throughout the ship?

They didn't do bride getting ready but when we looked at the photo book we got some ideas like champagne by the balcony on the open decks, infront of the stacks with the DCL logo in the background ring fingers in front of the ships nameplate in the atrium. Things like that. Some were doubles and triples like the standard photo, vertical shot and a few black and whites. The photog basically asked if we had any ideas and we ran with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter