Disney Cruise Wedding Civil Ceremony?

starrydominique

Dancing Dominique
Hi,

I just started to plan our potential disney cruise wedding and I found out that I have to have a civil ceremony prior to sailing? Why is that? And how does that work exactly? I planned to wed at Castaway Cay. How long is the civil ceremony? Is it normally just you and groom? I'd rather not have our families watch us "get married" twice.

Any information regarding this is helpful. Thank you!

If I understand correctly, they will do a ceremony for you when you board the boat before it leaves port.

If you head on over to the weddings board there is a huge cruise bride thread all about it.

We renewed our Vows on The Magic about 2 years ago, and that thread was very helpful.

Good Luck.

Oh congrats....we had it on the Fantasy; we met at 3:00 with our on board coordinator and he walked us down for the civil ceremony in front of the Walt Disney picture in front of the theater; we were required to have two witnesses 18 or over there with us saying our vows; the rest of the family stayed in the stateroom; it was literally i think ten to fifteen minutes; believe it or not I thought it would take away from the other ceremony but it started our cruise off with a little more excitement......

If I understand correctly, they will do a ceremony for you when you board the boat before it leaves port.

If you head on over to the weddings board there is a huge cruise bride thread all about it.

We renewed our Vows on The Magic about 2 years ago, and that thread was very helpful.

Good Luck.

Wait just one doggone minnute here.....those faces look familiar!!!

Hi,

I just started to plan our potential disney cruise wedding and I found out that I have to have a civil ceremony prior to sailing? Why is that? And how does that work exactly? I planned to wed at Castaway Cay. How long is the civil ceremony? Is it normally just you and groom? I'd rather not have our families watch us "get married" twice.

Any information regarding this is helpful. Thank you!

You have to do it for the wedding to be legal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter