Disney Cruise w/ECV Questions

sdzimm

Mouseketeer
Hi. I am planning a family cruise for April 2012. That would include my DH's grandmother who canot walk for long periods of time. I recently rented an ECV for her during our May stay at DW.

By searching general information I am aware manual wheelchairs are available at Castaway Cay. And also information on accessible cabins.

She has stated she is looking into purchasing her personal ECV sometime in the future. By some odd chance she is slow in doing so, are there rental agencies you provide ECVs at Port Canaveral?

I have searched the disAbilities site for the information, but have not had any luck. :headache:

Thanks in advance.

I have never rented before, but from google I found brevardmedicalequip.com. The scooter rentals were $130/$160/$250 for 3/4/7 night cruises. If your MIL will be using a scooter often, it is WAY more economical to just buy one. Good luck!

We've cruised with a personal ECV. Just wanted to give you a heads up that you will need a HCA stateroom. Otherwise the doors of the regular cabins are not wide enough to accomodate an ECV. Also there will be no room to turn it around. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM. :)

I have never rented before, but from google I found brevardmedicalequip.com. The scooter rentals were $130/$160/$250 for 3/4/7 night cruises. If your MIL will be using a scooter often, it is WAY more economical to just buy one. Good luck!

I have rented from them in the past and they were great-- you just pick up the key when in the terminal and keep it for the cruise-- they do cost $ BUT the convenience for me was worth it-- if she has not used one you might want to take her to the store or mall where she can get an idea how they work and feel-- not that hard at all

My mom uses an ECV and we dont have a HC room. We just spoke with DCL and they will store it for her, so we are good. They also said some of the narrower ECVs will fit through the doors.

Hi. I am planning a family cruise for April 2012. That would include my DH's grandmother who canot walk for long periods of time. I recently rented an ECV for her during our May stay at DW.

By searching general information I am aware manual wheelchairs are available at Castaway Cay. And also information on accessible cabins.

She has stated she is looking into purchasing her personal ECV sometime in the future. By some odd chance she is slow in doing so, are there rental agencies you provide ECVs at Port Canaveral?

I have searched the disAbilities site for the information, but have not had any luck. :headache:

Thanks in advance.

If she wants to buy a personal ECV, I would recommend going to Ebay and looking for the seller bocahomemedical--they've had the best, most durable, highest quality ECVs. I love mine--it's a Zip'r Breeze

There are wheel chairs available on the ship as well as at Castaway. They are usually stored on decks 1 and 2 by the midship elevators and can be taken by anyone who needs them.

In addition, Brevard Medical will deliver any equipment you need to the terminal and pick it up there after your cruise.

As above, no mobility equipment that I know of will fit thru the regular doors. If you have an ECV that needs to be charged and have a regular cabin, your stateroom host will take it to a cut out area of the hall and plug it in for you. Obviously, they will fit in the HA cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter