Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cruiselover914, Jul 29, 2013.
Are there any secrets? The other threads are really long. I've heard about the pillowcase dining one
The other threads are long, but worth reading. Why start another one?
The "secrets" I've enjoyed:
- ordering Mickey Bars for dessert, in the main dining rooms (MDRs) and room service
- you can bring your own adult beverages on board with you.
- "secret decks" on the Magic and Wonder (I can't remember if there is one on the Dream/Fantasy). This are just out of the way, smallish decks at the end of the ship, I believe Deck 7. I nice place to stop for some quiet time.
Don't worry about starting a new thread - the other current thread is great and worth perusing, but it does go on for so many pages it has become redundant for any newcomer to wade through. Folks who have "been there, done that" don't need to join this one if they don't want to.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Great question! The DIS is a group that will tell you lots. Yep, the other threads are long, so here are a few good ones for you to think about....
- aqua duck often has short lines during dinner hours and very late at night
- on the big ships there's a mini golf course topside aft up the stairs
- you can book Palo after you get onboard...they save tables for that
- free seasickness pills at the medical center
- tap water is pure and tasty, saves spending money on bottled water
- book future cruises onboard for reduced price and deposit
- find the outlook lounge on the big ships for a great view, quiet retreat, and no one knows about it!
- you can get Mickey bars from room service even though they aren't on the menu
- Cabanas for breakfast the last morning is much more relaxing
- adult beach lunch menu is better than family beach
- cabanas include sunscreen, electric plugs, and a safe
- don't miss the cast show late the last night. As adult as Disnet gets and hilarious
Good tips and thanks for posting some for us newbies who don't have all day to read through old threads...
There are always great tips here, the longer threads can lead to discussions that make the tips hard to find. Thanks for asking anew!
A few more:
- be creative with your dinner order. They will bring two salads instead of one salad and one appetizer for example. Just don't be too demanding on those HARDWORKING servers
- get a half glass of coke then add some ice cream...a float!
- book your next cruise early, the line can get long and that's not how you want to spend your time lol
- get a secret porthole room and save money
- the exercise room is free you just have to go through the spa
- if you drive check out off terminal parking
- have breakfast in the MDR at least once
What is the MDR? I don't understand that acronym...:confused3
Main Dining Room. The acronyms on the DIS are crazy to keep track of sometimes!
Be very sure to check on the "secret porthole room" secret - it's become so "unsecret" that on many cruises the secret porthole rooms cost MORE than a regular oceanview!
True. I've read through the others and found valuable information. They are still pretty active so no need to start new ones.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Check out the tips summed up and quoted at the bottom of page 93. There are also some good ones put into lists on pages 99, 101, and 104.
Separate names with a comma.