Disney Cruise photos pre-order package

Oswald the Canuck

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with the per-ordered photo package? I've heard there is a discount but haven't seen that anywhere.
Also, we have 2 staterooms so how do we manage this?

Does anyone have any experience with the per-ordered photo package? I've heard there is a discount but haven't seen that anywhere.
Also, we have 2 staterooms so how do we manage this?
If you wish to purchase the full CD package (either the digital only or with prints), each room must purchase their own. UNLESS the two rooms are occupied by one nuclear family (mom & minor kids in one; and dad and minor kids in the second). If that's not the case, last I knew, as long as one room purchases the full CD at full price (either the pre-cruise discounted price OR the full onboard price) the second room could purchase theirs at 50% off.

You need to go to the "In-Room Gifts" link on the DCL website. Then select the port you embarking from, and click on "My Cruise Photos" to get to the photo purchase site. There you will select your ship and date of cruise to see what packages are being offered on your cruise. One note here, these dates come up about 3 months out from your cruise.

If you purchase the full CD, pre-cruise, the price is 15% less than the price if you purchase once onboard.

Last edited:

When we sailed the WBPC in May I pre-purchased the digitals only at the discounted price. The first night of the cruise my mother-in-law & I went to Shutters, explained we wanted the second stateroom disk at the 50% off for her because we are family sailing together, and they took care of it. No problem. We had my family of 4 in a stateroom and my in-laws in the connecting stateroom. 2 separate bookings. Everything done as 2 different bookings prior to sailing. Shutters honored the 50% off without any debate. It was easy peasy. ;)

If you are on a European cruise, and you pre purchase the photo package, do you still have to pay VAT taxes like you do if you bought it onboard?

Just beware that the second half off is only available once you board and your staterooms must be linked in the computer. The Half off is for the onboard price So the unlimited CD is $300 for a 7 night cruise (pre-booked) and the half off one is $175.

We have my husband, baby and I in a room, and then my son, daughter, and mother in the connecting room. Do you think one would suffice? Is there any idea how pricey it usually is?

We have my husband, baby and I in a room, and then my son, daughter, and mother in the connecting room. Do you think one would suffice? Is there any idea how pricey it usually is?
You can include your son & daughter on your CD if you buy one for your room. But any photos taken of just your mother would not be included. However, if you want to include her (on just one CD), you could switch your mother and your husband on the two reservations. Once onboard, you can arrange the sleeping arrangements as you like, and, if your room (with you, your mom, and the baby) purchases the CD, the second room (with your nuclear family - Dad & minor kids) would all be included in the same package.

The price for the full CD varies by cruise. Here's the information I've put together:

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):
7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

3 & 4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices –

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

Last edited:
Is it still the case that if you pre-purchase and find you don't have enough pics you like to make it worth it, you can cancel and get a refund?

Is it still the case that if you pre-purchase and find you don't have enough pics you like to make it worth it, you can cancel and get a refund?
As far as I know, yes. You just must do it by the night of the last full day you have on the ship, you can't cancel it the final morning.

You can include your son & daughter on your CD if you buy one for your room. But any photos taken of just your mother would not be included. However, if you want to include her (on just one CD), you could switch your mother and your husband on the two reservations. Once onboard, you can arrange the sleeping arrangements as you like, and, if your room (with you, your mom, and the baby) purchases the CD, the second room (with your nuclear family - Dad & minor kids) would all be included in the same package.

The price for the full CD varies by cruise. Here's the information I've put together:

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):
7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices –

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

Wow, kind of expensive, especially if that doesn't include prints, but what are the slash prices? For example, 4 night $194.95/$75.00. What is the $194.95 for and what is the $75 for?

:thanks:

Wow, kind of expensive, especially if that doesn't include prints, but what are the slash prices? For example, 4 night $194.95/$75.00. What is the $194.95 for and what is the $75 for?

:thanks:
That means on the 4 night cruise the pre-purchase price for the full CD (without prints) is $194.95. And, if you pay an additional $75.00 you'll get the full CD with prints. It costs more if you wait to purchase the same thing once onboard: $229.95 for the full CD (without prints), but the option to add all the prints is still $75.00.

That means on the 4 night cruise the pre-purchase price for the full CD (without prints) is $194.95. And, if you pay an additional $75.00 you'll get the full CD with prints. It costs more if you wait to purchase the same thing once onboard: $229.95 for the full CD (without prints), but the option to add all the prints is still $75.00.

YIKES!! Too rich for my blood. We will take our selfies! LOL :scared:

I read somewhere that there is no discount on buying early like there is for memory maker at WDW.

Does anyone know the price for a 3 night cruise?

I read somewhere that there is no discount on buying early like there is for memory maker at WDW.

Does anyone know the price for a 3 night cruise?
Full CD - $194.95
CD with prints - $269.95
10 digital photos - $149.95

The website says "Purchase now for 15% savings" on the Full CD & CD + prints option. So, apparently, if you pre-purchase, it's cheaper than purchasing once on the ship.

Thanks. I looked up a random 3 night cruise

'Take home all your photo prints' - $194.95
'Get the picture' - $269.95 (listed as 'All your digital photos and prints')

That seems confusing. You said that the full CD was $194.95, but on the website it gives the impression that for that price you get the actual prints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter