Disney Cruise Line Photographers Flash Diffuser

Revan

Mouseketeer
We just got off the Dream and the Shutters photographers had this really cool flash diffuser. It was a round circle, about 4" across attached to the flash head. Does anyone know what brand this is? I looked at some of the shots in shutters and the restaurant photos came out very nice.

Sounds like a Gary Fong. I have the cloud model and hardly ever use the flash without it.

It does sound like a Gary Fong lightsphere (Fongsphere!).

Terrible customer service, one of a kind must have....

So I buy from them. Gotta have the Fong.:thumbsup2

Sorry for the bad pic, but if I remember correctly, it had black trim around it like this one.

flash_diffuser.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, but if I remember correctly, it had black trim around it like this one.

flash_diffuser.jpg

Yep that's it. I got a B&H catalog yesterday and I think I figured it out. I think it's a Quantum Instruments QFlash Trio - a really cool portrait flash unit - not a diffuser. They're priced around $800.

It makes sense, I did more research into the photographers on board and Disney contracts out on ship photography (as does all other lines) and it is not part of the Photopass group. They're equipment was a cut above the typical photopass photographer and the images were way nicer.

Yep that's it. I got a B&H catalog yesterday and I think I figured it out. I think it's a Quantum Instruments QFlash Trio - a really cool portrait flash unit - not a diffuser. They're priced around $800.

It makes sense, I did more research into the photographers on board and Disney contracts out on ship photography (as does all other lines) and it is not part of the Photopass group. They're equipment was a cut above the typical photopass photographer and the images were way nicer.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Off to check it out now!

That makes sense about the contractors and how they wouldn't use my personal camera to take a pic. The didn't want to be liable in case they broke something while handling.

Thanks again!

I know, it couldn't have been a relatively inexpensive diffuser - but an $800 piece of equipment that I'm lusting over now. The shots were very well lit, especially the ones in the dining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter