Disney Cruise Line goes to Asia?????

As far as Asia, I don't see DCL doing it anytime soon. They are having a hard time filling Europe cruises and that is usually a more popular spot for US tourists than Asia. Plus the repositioning cruise to get to/from Asia is going to be long and hard to fill. (Talk about a lot of days at sea!)

There is a very large Disney Fan population in Asia. I think they would be able to fill the ships with more Asians than Americans. pirate:

See, I have exactly the opposite philosophy as you. If I am going to pay DCL's premium prices, I want to spend more time on the ship getting what I am paying for. If I am going to be spending most of my waking hours in port (off the ship), I'm going to go with the cheapest cruise line out there-- what do I care about their service or food if I'm not there anyway. I'm going on DCL's Hawaii cruise because I have no great desire to see Hawaii -- I'll enjoy it I'm sure, but I know I'm really going to enjoy the sea days. If I was going to see Hawaii, I'd save my money and go on NCL.

As far as Asia, I don't see DCL doing it anytime soon. They are having a hard time filling Europe cruises and that is usually a more popular spot for US tourists than Asia. Plus the repositioning cruise to get to/from Asia is going to be long and hard to fill. (Talk about a lot of days at sea!)

I don't think she was saying go on a cheaper cruise line. She was saying go on a cheaper cruise. If you want to stay on the boat go the Caribbean or Bahamas. I don't know where you live clten but no way I would fly to Asia or Europe from the middle of America to spend a week on a boat. I would however fly to Florida and send a week on a boat. pirate:

Edit:And I would LOVE to do a repositioning cruise but ONLY if I was able to do a B2B. That would be the best of both worlds, plenty sea days and plenty of port days.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did in the next 5 years or so. They have a huge fan base in Asia and with the soon to be 3 parks over there it makes sense. I personally wouldn't be that interested in going but perhaps if they did a cool itinerary and the price was right I would.

In a second. Its so much closer and easier to get to for us. I love the thought of having a Disney Cruise experience without having to travel 24hours to get there. And Asia is a fantastic cruise desitination. So much variety.

So while just on the Dream Chris from Poland told us that Disney has been looking into cruises to Asia for a later date. If they go, I am so there!!! It would work well for DCL too because of the large Disney population in Asia

Who else would be interested?

Who is Chris from Poland? The crew members are notorious for giving bad info. We had Christine for Canada who swore the Disney Magic was going to the the Med in 2012 and we know what happened there.

I am not a fan of a lot of sea days in a row. However, Transatlantic/repositioning cruises make-up for that by (usually) being much less expensive than the same length cruise elsewhere. I also wouldn't pay significantly more for a port-intensive cruise on DCL compared to other cruise lines. A lot of people fussed when WDW raised ticket prices last week - up to $30 for a 10-day ticket. I can handle a $20 increase in the price of my next AP, but I WON'T pay prices similar to what DCL charged for last summer's Baltic cruises. I can and do sail quite happily on other cruise lines, and they all sail to Asia.

Who is Chris from Poland? The crew members are notorious for giving bad info. We had Christine for Canada who swore the Disney Magic was going to the the Med in 2012 and we know what happened there.

He is a Server. And I am not taking it as for sure true, but they have to get it from somewhere. So I would like to believe that it could happen.

He is a Server. And I am not taking it as for sure true, but they have to get it from somewhere. So I would like to believe that it could happen.

Unfortunately a lot of the time these are just rumors. Crew members are not given advanced notice of upcoming itineraries - they generally find out the same day as the press releases. Regardless sometimes these rumors turn out to be true and it does seem to be a great idea to get a ship into that market.

I would love to do this. I am really hoping that Disney announces some more exciting and longer cruises for 2013. I was really disappointed with the itineraries for 2012...same ports in the Caribbean, no transatlantic cruises, no Med cruises, and only one or two longer than eight days.

I agree. I would love a transpacific cruise. Unlike most people, I love sea days!

Oh of course! I am envisioning something like they do with Europe cruise.

Perhaps:

Trans-Pacific Leaving from LA or Seattle maybe

Several Asian cruises from, i think China but maybe Japan

Then Another Trans-Pacific back to LA or Seattle

One can Hope! pirate:

Oh of course! I am envisioning something like they do with Europe cruise.

Perhaps:

Trans-Pacific Leaving from LA or Seattle maybe

Several Asian cruises from, i think China but maybe Japan

Then Another Trans-Pacific back to LA or Seattle

One can Hope! pirate:

I think they might split the trans-pacific and do

LA to Hawaii (with one stop in Mexico)
Hawaii to Asia

and vice versa for the return trip.

It would allow cross-marketing with DVC in Hawaii too.

I think they might split the trans-pacific and do

LA to Hawaii (with one stop in Mexico)
Hawaii to Asia

and vice versa for the return trip.

It would allow cross-marketing with DVC in Hawaii too.

DCL could STOP in Hawaii on the way from LA to Asia, but guests couldn't DISEMBARK in Hawaii - even with the port stop in Mexico. In order to do a one-way cruise to Hawaii, the ship would have to depart from Canada or Mexico.

There is a very large Disney Fan population in Asia. I think they would be able to fill the ships with more Asians than Americans. pirate:
Disney may have a large Asian following, but they have a large European following too. In spite of that, they are having difficulty filling their European sailings. DCL still depends on the American market primarily to fill their ships.

I don't think she was saying go on a cheaper cruise line. She was saying go on a cheaper cruise. If you want to stay on the boat go the Caribbean or Bahamas. I don't know where you live clten but no way I would fly to Asia or Europe from the middle of America to spend a week on a boat. I would however fly to Florida and send a week on a boat.

I didn't take it that she was saying to go on a cheaper cruise line. I was saying my opinion was for certain itineraries, a cheaper cruise line may be a better choice. My point was that if you are off the ship 90% of the time, why are you paying a premium price? I go for the disney service, activities, etc and for that I willingly pay a premium. If I'm just catching a quick breakfast then spending 10-12 hours on shore just to get a quick bite to eat and go to bed, I'm going to look at a Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or NCL ship. I didn't say I was going to fly all the way to Asia and stay on the ship. I'll pay half the price to sail with RC, then have all that extra money to do great shore excursions.

As far as staying onboard a Bahamas/Caribbean cruise compared to their Hawaii or TA itinerary, there is no comparison. Staying onboard in port is not really a sea day. Activities are very limited. Even doing b2b 7 day cruises are a whole different experience than a 14/15 day cruise. So while the Hawaii cruise may not be for everyone, we're going to enjoy it.

Now doing a Transpacific cruise for 2 weeks with at least 10 days at sea might not be worth the long flight back from Asia. That's why I think they'll have difficulty doing any Asia itinieraries in the next few years. JMO

Count us in! DCL anywhere. The more ports the better.
(The above statement is my own opinion and does not represent the opinions of our entire travleing party.)

They could fill Asian cruises with ease if marketed correctly in Asian countries. Unlike a lot of other countries on the globe, countries like China are experiencing huge growth and a lot of citizens are cash rich. We've had a massive upswing in tourisim from China in the past 5 years here in NZ and Chinese carriers have entered the NZ to China marketplace and the NZ/AUS carriers have put on more flights to fill demand. Certainly RCL have taken advantage of the market by placing more cruises in the area. Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and NZ are also emerging markets for holidays by cruising. In NZ the biggest outbound tourism growth in the past couple of years was cruising and we only have about five ships servicing the whole of NZ and Australia market on a fulltime basis. So I think that cruising in Asia would be a good market for Disney, while it's customer base is from the US this may open up their brand to other nations who are able to travel to ports easily and are cash rich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter