Disney Cruise Honeymoon - yay or nay?

Off to Neverland 7

DIS Veteran
Just got back from our first cruise on the Dream where DBF proposed :)

We're planning our wedding and honeymoon and am at a loss of affordable "all-inclusive" ideas that fit our budget. We know we want to do a tropical honeymoon, and a 7-nt Caribbean Magic Cruise fits our budget for what we're looking for and the domestic flight to Orlando is cheaper than international flights.

My fiance is concerned that a Disney Cruise may sound childish for a honeymoon. For me, the cruise experience was amazing and I personally loved every ounce of our Disney Dream Cruise. Has anyone done a Disney Cruise Honeymoon? How was your experience?

If you enjoy the cruise who cares if other people think it sounds "childish". Do what you enjoy, after all you guys are the ones paying :)

Plus - Disney cruises are anything but childish with the shows, food, adult only areas, port adventures, etc.

also while there will be kids and it is disney, the vibe of a 7night Caribbean is different than a dream cruise. oh, it's definitely disney and by all accounts the newly referred magic is "more" disney than it was (it was our least favorite ship due to decor pre-refab - not disney enough!) ad the classic ships are so wonderful and romantic in their layout. i'm surprised your DF thinks its too childish if he proposed on a DCL ship! is he thinking its too childish or its too weird to tell others? first just say we are going on a 7 night cruise to x,y,z! but you two hopefully are in agreement that you would like to cruise? i honeymooned on the dream. we have a grown son who vacations with us most times, but we only cruise DCL and often its the two of us. there are lots of couples without kids onboard and plenty of adults only areas, adult only excursions.

We did the 7 Night Eastern Caribbean for our honeymoon and it was fantastic! Did your DF enjoy the Disney cruise? If you ask me, that's all that matters. Yes, we did get some looks from people when we told them the wedding was at WDW, followed by 5 nights at WDW and then 7 nights on DCL, but those are the same people that thought it was weird to have a Disney wedding in the first place. To us that was perfect and we wouldn't have changed it for anything.

Nothing about our cruise experience was childish, as I'm sure you know from the Dream. We slept in, did activities like trivia and Mixology and swimming on sea days, enjoyed drinks on our verandah (I DEFINITELY recommend splurging for the verandah for your honeymoon!), explored the bars for pre-dinner cocktails, enjoyed the shows onboard, and who could forget Palo brunch? We didn't partake in characters because we're personally not character fans in the parks as well, but if we were we wold have been there in a heart beat honeymoon on not!

I think DCL is an awesome way to have an international honeymoon with the Disney touch. I hope you go!

We did a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. Disney does an excellent job of separating the adult areas/pool/activities from the kids and family activities. So there's no reason for your vacation to be too kiddie. Our honeymoon was our first cruise, and afterwards, we were hooked. Now our kids love them too (and DCL makes for as great a family vacation as an adult one). I highly recommend DCL for a honeymoon!

If you and your DF enjoyed the cruise as a newly-engaged couple, I don't see why you wouldn't also enjoy it for your honeymoon.
My DH and I went on a DCL cruise on the Wonder for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time! It was in mid-November, so maybe there weren't quite as many kids as in the summer or over a holiday? We never felt like it was too many kids around, and we enjoyed watching them have fun. We had dinner at Palo one night, which was delicious and a nice quiet romantic time. The shows were great, we saw movies, we did a beer tasting, we used the gym, and just hung out on our balcony. We ran the 5K on CC, rode bikes, and swam. At Nassau, we swam with dolphins and did the water park at Atlantis.
We can't wait to go on another DCL cruise!!

We are doing a Disney cruise for our honeymoon in August. We are doing one of the Alaska cruises. The week after we get married and before the honeymoon cruise, we are going to Disneyland/DCA for the week. So it will be 2 weeks of Disney. I don't particularly care about it being "childish." As long as I am happy and my fiancee is happy, who cares what anyone else thinks.

My wife and I did a Disney Honeymoon Cruise, Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. The cruise was fantastic! I have been on other cruises before, but that was my first Disney Cruise and it was my favorite.

I'll be Disney Honeymoon Cruising come November on the Dream! My mom rolls her eyes at anything Disney but me and the fiancee are total Disney people. It may be something you'll have to deal with a few non-Disney people, but it's worth it. I've known a few people who Disney cruised for their honeymoons and only rave about it. :teeth:

We're doing a Disney Cruise on the Fantasy for our honeymoon! I'm sort of obsessed with Disney cruises, and I've transferred my obsession to my fiance as well. So when we were deciding on a honeymoon, it was a pretty easy choice for us!

Since you've been on a cruise, you know that there are adult-only areas for when you want to be away from all the kids on the ship. Something else that we did was call Disney and request a table by ourselves, since it's our honeymoon. We thought it would be more romantic to not have to share a table with others!

We're not cruising for our honeymoon (we're staying in WDW for 3 weeks instead but we are cruising Disney for our first anniversary. As soon as it's released to the general public we're booking an Alaskan cruise for the end of the season next year.

We just booked our Disney Cruise! I'm so excited!

I think that no matter where you book your honeymoon people are always going to have something to say about it. I booked my honeymoon on Friday and already I've had people say, "Why for a honeymoon?" ..."too many kids for a honeymoon"...

I'm just ignoring it. I love Disney AND I've really researched the cruises and think it'll be a perfect honeymoon for my fiancé and I!

I say book! :)

We'll be boarding the Disney Fantasy for our honeymoon this October & we couldn't be more thrilled!!! Just do whatever makes YOU happy, & I'm sure you'll have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter