Disney Cruise Do's & Don'ts

The Rainforest room is a relaxing space in the spas on the Disney ships. The one on the Magic has heated tile lounge chairs, saunas, steam room, and special showers.

We enjoy the MDR's but there are several nights we would prefer to do our own thing. The trouble is I feel sooooo guilty not letting the servers do their thing. I would still tip them the same but they are so conscientious about their jobs and eager to do well that I wouldn't want to worry them....

ugh - a dilemma for us.

We let our servers know from the beginning that we don't always attend every dinner and not to fret if we don't show. The biggest problems we've had when we decide to stay in is the room steward. Nine out of ten times they get very upset if they can't come in and clean and do turn down. We always close the curtain and let them do their thing while we watch our movie. The worst one we had kept trying to push his way into the room to see if we needed anything. We finally had to ask him to leave one night as he was adamant about checking where the life jackets were (we had stored them under the bed). He was the worst room steward we have ever had.

If you like the scent, it's fine. I feel like after using it, I always smell like seaweed fresh out of the ocean and my hair just doesn't respond well to the H2O products. My hair is curly/frizzy and I need a shampoo that's gentle and a conditioner that's extremely moisture rich. I always bring my own on DCL.

Although it never worked well for the hairstyles that I create. It made the curling iron in the hair blowing just a little bit different. I found the H2O products extremely useful with "ocean hair" I was able to get it much cleaner with H2O than my normal hair products.

I don't like the H2O products aboard the ships. I try to go to the showers in the spa area and use their shampoo and conditioners. These are different and I like them much better.

I'm impartial to the products, but the showers in the spa on the Wonder were amazing! The water poured out of nozzle as opposed to being sprayed. The shower in our stateroom was stinging, the spray was so fine and sharp!

We let our servers know from the beginning that we don't always attend every dinner and not to fret if we don't show. The biggest problems we've had when we decide to stay in is the room steward. Nine out of ten times they get very upset if they can't come in and clean and do turn down. We always close the curtain and let them do their thing while we watch our movie. The worst one we had kept trying to push his way into the room to see if we needed anything. We finally had to ask him to leave one night as he was adamant about checking where the life jackets were (we had stored them under the bed). He was the worst room steward we have ever had.

I felt so bad on our last Magic cruise....one day I wasn't feeling well and stayed in bed most of the day, and our room steward really wanted to get in to clean! We didn't really even need anything. We also had an issue with him taking forever to clean our room most mornings. We kept a pretty regular schedule of going to breakfast and being gone for a couple of hours but then wanted to come back to the room for a while...many days the "morning" cleaning and putting away the kids beds didn't happen until after lunch! Not very convenient for us. He was very nice though.

I felt so bad on our last Magic cruise....one day I wasn't feeling well and stayed in bed most of the day, and our room steward really wanted to get in to clean! We didn't really even need anything. We also had an issue with him taking forever to clean our room most mornings. We kept a pretty regular schedule of going to breakfast and being gone for a couple of hours but then wanted to come back to the room for a while...many days the "morning" cleaning and putting away the kids beds didn't happen until after lunch! Not very convenient for us. He was very nice though.

On sea days we never let them in until evening meal for that very purpose. We never need anything the very next morning, and I think they are aware people sleep in. But when we have a verandah, we lounge around and enjoy our verandah and don't want to rush to get out of the room. If we go to breakfast, we put the do not disturb sign out so we know we can some right back. We had a lovely woman room steward (the only woman we've had) on one of our cruises and she was so kind and gentle and sweet. The first night we stayed in she got all flustered about what to do. So my husband just explained that we decided not to go out to dinner and no worries -- we'd see her tomorrow. She left our candies and Navigator and went on her way, but I think at first she almost took it personal.

We don't go to the shows at night. We are generally not out of our rooms until 8pm when we go to dinner. Some room stewards seem to pick up on this after the first couple of nights, and others like on our last cruise just couldn't seem to grasp it. He was always coming by the room at 7-730. I felt like I was being rushed every night. I don't know if we were the only room he had with late dinner, but it was really annoying. He couldn't seem to understand our not wanting to see the shows....see my platinum lanyard...been there done that. Our room steward on our Hawaii cruise was the best we've ever had. He seemed to pick up on our morning and evening routine after the first day. We had the best dining room service on that cruise too. It's funny how on some cruises everything seems to click and others it just doesn't. If I have issues on the next cruise I will just kindly explain to him/her not plan on setting up the bunk beds until 8pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter