Disney Cruise/Disney World HELP!!!

disneyscootergal

Have you all got anmesia?? He never got out of the
I'm (sort of) a Disneyland veteran (well, only 4 trips total, but I completely planned all but the first one, with the help of the Dis Boards!!:lovestruc), wanting to experience Disney World for the first time. My question: how do I combine a cruise with visiting Disney World?

When I looked up Disney cruises, I expected to find packages that included arrangements for both, but all I'm finding is that they have to be planned completely separate. Am I going to have to talk to a travel agent to set this up?:scared1:

See, that thought makes me shudder because I'm used to planning my whole trip to Disneyland myself, and loving every minute of it! But I have to admit, this Disney World/cruise idea has me uncharacteristically cowed!:guilty:

Any advice on where to look for all-inclusive deals, or just a place that makes it easier for me to do my own planning?

Thanks in advance! I'm just sure I've come to the right place for help!!:love:

From what I have been reading the no longer offer the land/sea combo. Find the cruise dates you want - book direct with DCL or a TA and then book your resort/park tickets seperatly. Some great planning resources (In addition to disboards) - TourGuideMike.com :love:, allears.net, and mousesavers.com. We used the advice from TourGuideMike.com on our last WDW vacation and didn't wait in lines any longer than 15 minutes - during Easter week!!! :cool1::cool1:
Good luck with your planning!

Thanks for the quick response, Goingtotheworld! I will look into those sites you recommended. Have you ever done what I'm planning? I'd love to hear of any other planning tips...from everyone!!
Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response, Goingtotheworld! I will look into those sites you recommended. Have you ever done what I'm planning? I'd love to hear of any other planning tips...from everyone!!
Thanks again!

You can actually book them together; you select the cruise you want and then a stay at WDW will be an add-on package at the end (it's one of the steps after selecting your stateroom, dining, etc.) The one thing is that for cruises in 2011, they don't yet have the land add-ons available because the rates for WDW hotels/packages are usually not released until August. However, you could call the Disney Travel Company and they could book it for you. What they would have to do is book your resort stay at the highest rack rate, and then when the deals and rates for next year are released they'll lower your rate.

Of course, a travel agent can also help! We've been very happy with Dreams Unlimited, and I also read great things here on the boards about It's A Small World. The nice thing about a TA is that they can do all the work of checking your rates from time to time to make sure you're getting the best deal. They also give you onboard credits for your cruise, which is always nice.

You can actually book them together; you select the cruise you want and then a stay at WDW will be an add-on package at the end (it's one of the steps after selecting your stateroom, dining, etc.) The one thing is that for cruises in 2011, they don't yet have the land add-ons available because the rates for WDW hotels/packages are usually not released until August. However, you could call the Disney Travel Company and they could book it for you. What they would have to do is book your resort stay at the highest rack rate, and then when the deals and rates for next year are released they'll lower your rate.

Of course, a travel agent can also help! We've been very happy with Dreams Unlimited, and I also read great things here on the boards about It's A Small World. The nice thing about a TA is that they can do all the work of checking your rates from time to time to make sure you're getting the best deal. They also give you onboard credits for your cruise, which is always nice.

The only problem I had with this is that they could not set up the dining plan on the phone and you cant get tickets to WDW online. I had to book two different packages back to back. Which really isnt a problem, but I am like you. I assumed that with what all Disney does, they would have a package for both. They act like they are two different companies which is NOT like Disney.

The only problem I had with this is that they could not set up the dining plan on the phone and you cant get tickets to WDW online. I had to book two different packages back to back. Which really isnt a problem, but I am like you. I assumed that with what all Disney does, they would have a package for both. They act like they are two different companies which is NOT like Disney.

Actually, this is a fairly recent change that you can't book land/sea packages and it is response to people who have travelled with them. In the past, it has usually been easier for people to book their cruise and WDW stay as 2 different trips because you get more flexiblity and can usually get better deals that way (if you did the old land/sea package with DCL you never got to take advantage of some sales like free dining, etc.)

For people who haven't done a WDW stay with a cruise before, it may seem like a miss not to have a pre-packaged land/sea option. But as someone who has done it many times, the new way makes more sense to me. You can be flexible with your WDW stay (not have your resort tied to your cabin category), vary the park tickets you want and add the dining plan or not.

Ask plenty of questions here, a lot of us have done this and will be happy to help.

I use a TA, book my cruise first (a year out) and then later in the year build the Land package to it. Your TA will help you to make sure it all goes smoothly! :)

OP, our first DCL trip we booked as a Land/Sea combination back when you could do that. I booked through Dreams Unlimited, and my TA there took care of so many parts of the WDW vacation for me, in addition to the cruise part. She put in my requests for specific parts of the resort, and made all my ADRs for me! No getting up at 3 am to book them myself. If you are going at a time when Free Dining is going on this could be a lifesaver. She recommended a particular itinerary - not that I followed it- but it would have been helpful if you were a lesser planner! I also highly recommend buying the Passporter guide book. Loved it! It was very helpful, even though I had many trips to the World previously.

We've done this several times now. Once we did it with the land/sea option but we were on land first, it was nice because they tie it all together but we haven't done that since, like others say it's just more convenient to do it separately. We're doing a 5 night in June then going to stay at the Dolphin for 3 nights. Disney resorts are easier because you can use the DCL transportation from the port to the resort. We have to rent a car which is no big deal for us, in fact we always rent a car from the airport to the port rather than use DCL transportation because it's cheaper for 3 people and we have the flexibility to roam in port canaveral the night before.
Anyhow, you'll have a blast, and if you have any specific questions pm one of us and I'm sure we'll be happy to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter