Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did actually make a PJ on here (Darn it, I wish I had now!), but Carly posted a few of our pictures from our photographer on her blog the other day.

For those interested, here is the link (now that I'm able to post links, yay!):

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2012/01/disney-cruise-wedding-rachel-george.html

I saw your photos on the blog this week and they were beautiful. Our dd just got engaged last month and we are 'dreaming' of a disney wedding. we renewed our vows on the Wonder for our 25th.

Did you all catch the cake boss on the dream the other night. It will probably be replaying if you missed it. Anyway they had a vow renewal aboard the Dream. Now, I am really looking forward to my parents VR aboard the Fantasy in May!

i can only see clips of it..I know it is a TV show..but looking at it, it was so unromantic and scripted...

yes..I KNOW it is TV..but the pictures taken during filming, they are standing about 3 feet apart. When do you stop the show so you can actually have something just for yourselves?

i can only see clips of it..I know it is a TV show..but looking at it, it was so unromantic and scripted...

yes..I KNOW it is TV..but the pictures taken during filming, they are standing about 3 feet apart. When do you stop the show so you can actually have something just for yourselves?

I agree with you... they were supposed to renew vows on Castaway Cay but it got rained out. I felt bad for them since he was so excited for a beach wedding. Their reception was in a closed off part of Cabanas. I am sure they will play it again on TV or you will be able to watch in online at some point.

I agree with you... they were supposed to renew vows on Castaway Cay but it got rained out. I felt bad for them since he was so excited for a beach wedding. Their reception was in a closed off part of Cabanas. I am sure they will play it again on TV or you will be able to watch in online at some point.

That reception in Cabanas was misleading. I don't remember that being an option in the paperwork :goodvibes. Also bringing your own wedding cake and buying flowers in the bahamas are probably not normally permitted. I know it was dissapointing for them that the beach VR was rained out but I was glad to see the outlook lounge since that is where my parents will be.

I am getting married on the Dream in Sept! yay!
I need advice on how to travel with my wedding dress. We will be flying from Nebraska to Florida and I am curious on what other cruise brides have done to get the dress there, easy and stress-free!
I've heard of calling ahead to the airline in hopes of putting it in the pilots closet, but I'm nervous about the size of plane we will be taking (if it will even have a closet) also I've heard of mailing it to the hotel in Florida before (but what if they lose it)!!??
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I need advice on how to travel with my wedding dress. We will be flying from Nebraska to Florida and I am curious on what other cruise brides have done to get the dress there, easy and stress-free!
I've heard of calling ahead to the airline in hopes of putting it in the pilots closet, but I'm nervous about the size of plane we will be taking (if it will even have a closet) also I've heard of mailing it to the hotel in Florida before (but what if they lose it)!!??

I live in Florida, so I don't have any personal experience from transporting my dress from one state to another. However, I've heard of some people buying an extra seat on the plane for their dress. While this may seem drastic, it ensures the safety of your dress and gives you peace of mind for the next 8 months. Good luck!

I live in Florida, so I don't have any personal experience from transporting my dress from one state to another. However, I've heard of some people buying an extra seat on the plane for their dress. While this may seem drastic, it ensures the safety of your dress and gives you peace of mind for the next 8 months. Good luck!

Thank you. Don't really want to buy an extra plane ticket, they are so darn expensive. You are lucky to live in Florida :)

We are getting married in jeans and dress shirts Before a day in the park.

BUT, i am wearing a very Large Ball gown for Formal night on our Honey moon.
I Plan in just winging it. I am going to put it in my carry on suit case in some sort of protective covering??? and hope that it doesnt even need to go to the press when we get on board.

IT came to me in a box, i ordered it off line and i had it in and out of the box until recently, it is now hanging but THANKFULLY it is mostly tulle, which really doesnt show wrinkles as much as some other materials.

:confused3

LEt us know if you come up with anything

Hey dizzi, I talked to DF and he actually founds some really cool gifts for us to give his friend so you can cross ornament for me off your list! I really appreciate the help though!

I work for an airline and are therefore fairly laid back about this topic as I know how rarely something goes astray and even if it does, it is usually reunited with its owner within 24 to 48 hours. I had 6 days to play with and I just paid to check in an additional suitcase, which contained my wedding dress, wedding shoes and ribbon veil. We flew indirect from the UK via Atlanta and everything arrived with no problems. I had the dress steamed on the ship and they did a great job with this.

Corinna

Hello ladies, I've been stalking this thread for months and last weekend DF and I decided while driving home from WDW that we want to do a DCL wedding late fall 2012. I need advice and I know you guys have been there, done that or are in the process.

I called DFTW the other day and the CM I spoke with told me I had to put down a deposit for the ceremony as well as the cruise, bringing the amount from $280 to almost $1000. In everything I've read (and I've read alot!) I don't see ANYWHERE that a deposit is put down for the package, only that it's added on and the amount is due at time of final payment. She advised I can call back and add the package later but I'd still need to put a deposit down on it and they can't guarantee a slot on the sailing if I choose to go that route.

Even on the DFTW FAQ section under DCL weddings it says only the actual cruise deposit is due. Is the CM right? Did anyone else run into this? I don't know if I should call back tomorrow and speak with someone else or what. Shanda already emailed me and I was going to write to her but it's not really her job (or is it?) We're on a tight budget and paying off $4k over 8 months is much more reasonable then immediately dropping almost $1000, but if that's the policy then we'll figure it out. TIA for your help!

Hello ladies, I've been stalking this thread for months and last weekend DF and I decided while driving home from WDW that we want to do a DCL wedding late fall 2012. I need advice and I know you guys have been there, done that or are in the process.

I called DFTW the other day and the CM I spoke with told me I had to put down a deposit for the ceremony as well as the cruise, bringing the amount from $280 to almost $1000. In everything I've read (and I've read alot!) I don't see ANYWHERE that a deposit is put down for the package, only that it's added on and the amount is due at time of final payment. She advised I can call back and add the package later but I'd still need to put a deposit down on it and they can't guarantee a slot on the sailing if I choose to go that route.

Even on the DFTW FAQ section under DCL weddings it says only the actual cruise deposit is due. Is the CM right? Did anyone else run into this? I don't know if I should call back tomorrow and speak with someone else or what. Shanda already emailed me and I was going to write to her but it's not really her job (or is it?) We're on a tight budget and paying off $4k over 8 months is much more reasonable then immediately dropping almost $1000, but if that's the policy then we'll figure it out. TIA for your help!

Congratulations!!! I had booked the cruise and then had the package added on and never had to pay an extra deposit. I would call and talk to someone else.

Hello, DIS Brides! It's been so fun catching up with everyone's posts as I've been MIA! My DM, DF, and I went on a 4-Night DREAM Cruise this week as "research" for our wedding cruise! It was a wonderful experience and that ship is GORGEOUS! I'm getting married onboard, and I will NOT be short on picturesque photo spots! I'm bringing my own photographers and I plan to get hundreds and hundreds of photos of my big day!

I asked Shanda if she could arrange a meeting with an onboard coordinator prior to my sailing and (surprise, surprise) she said no, that the onboard coordinator will be 100% involved in the wedding events of whichever couple was onboard at the time. HOWEVER, I walked up to the Guest Services Desk just to ask a few vague wedding questions, and they said "Hold on one second, let me grab the onboard wedding coordinator" !!! Out comes Laura from the UK and she was so kind and very informative when answering our questions and giving us an idea of what to expect! She was fantastic, and I hope many of you get her as your coord- Hell, I hope I get her for my coord! Even though we're getting married on the ship, she suggested that we check out the Castaway Cay wedding the next day to check out the timing from an outside perspective.

Another big question that she answered was about photography- She said that as far as she knows, there is NO problem with bringing your own photographer aboard with you and that couples do it ALL the time! *phew* What a huge relief!

Unfortunately for me (whomp, whomp) the size of my wedding party is much too large for any of their typical ceremony locations onboard (The Outlook or the Deck 12 Aft Verandah by Palo...) With my 50 or so guests, she assumes we'll get married and have our celebration inside the D Lounge... Now, if anybody has SEEN the D Lounge, it's not a very romantic setting... at all... With the rainbow LED's around the room, the short modular grey chairs and the neon green and obnoxious orange couches... It's not exactly my idea of "wedding" BUT... Laura says that they'll project the Disney Fairytale Weddings logo all over those LED screens and that helps it look a bit better. I may be okay with the gray chairs, but I really want those awful couches hidden from plain sight! Haha! I do love that the D-Lounge is enclosed and no guests would be able to ENTER my room, but there's a few portholes overlooking the Deck 4 verandah and there's a glass wall so unsuspecting guests walking by can see how awesome our wedding is!

Anyways... if anyone has questions about the boat, shoot them my direction and I'll try to help out with my 4-nights experience of walking around the Dream! Feel free to check out my photobucket album of all the photos I took on my trip- they're mostly of interesting things and places with a few photos of us thrown in.

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z393/JBeanBunny/Jan 2012 DCL cruise/

When in September are you getting married??? My wedding is onboard the Dream on the 13th-16th sailing. It's exciting to hear from more DCL brides getting married in the same month :thumbsup2

I thought the EXACT same thing as you, AND I had the EXACT same reaction as you! NOWHERE online does it say you need a deposit on your wedding package, it implies that you only need your cruise deposit... When booking, I brought it up to the CM and they asked where I got that notion from, I told them, and they just shrugged it off... I think they want to you make your plans, and book that cruise BEFORE you find out about that wedding deposit to ensure that you are indeed going to book the wedding. It's sneaky, and I was very displeased with that. I was fortunate enough that my mom put the wedding deposit onto her Disney Visa because I didn't have the $800 upfront to secure my place.

Unfortunately for me (whomp, whomp) the size of my wedding party is much too large for any of their typical ceremony locations onboard (The Outlook or the Deck 12 Aft Verandah by Palo...) With my 50 or so guests, she assumes we'll get married and have our celebration inside the D Lounge... Now, if anybody has SEEN the D Lounge, it's not a very romantic setting... at all... With the rainbow LED's around the room, the short modular grey chairs and the neon green and obnoxious orange couches... It's not exactly my idea of "wedding" BUT... Laura says that they'll project the Disney Fairytale Weddings logo all over those LED screens and that helps it look a bit better. I may be okay with the gray chairs, but I really want those awful couches hidden from plain sight! Haha! I do love that the D-Lounge is enclosed and no guests would be able to ENTER my room, but there's a few portholes overlooking the Deck 4 verandah and there's a glass wall so unsuspecting guests walking by can see how awesome our wedding is!

JBeanBunny-

I had my reception in there...I had 59 people. I was afraid of what it would look like as well and it actually was perfect. They would have let me try to squeeze everyone it Outlook since our wedding was on Castaway Cay but I wanted everyone to have room. I have pictures posted on my TR if you want to see what it looked like during the reception. I am SO excited for you. My onboard coordinator was Andy and he was absolutely fantastic! From what he was saying, they switch them around quite a bit.

Lisa

I booked my stuff last year, so things may have changed. No, you don't have to put down a deposit on the wedding, but they won't book the wedding until you have a booking number and have put a deposit on the room too, I think. Def ask Shanda about it. I booked my whole wedding exclusively through her because I kept getting a run-around from everyone else. I'd call and someone would tell me I couldn't book until 8 months out. Well, the date I wanted was on the Dream in April of 2012 and there was NO WAY I could wait until 8 months out because I didn't know if the ship would be sold out by then (almost was). Luckily I told this to Shanda and she helped me book mine the next week. She's very helpful (DF talks to her about 2-3 times a month getting wedding surprises booked), but don't get worried if she takes a little while to get back to you. I hope you get the date and everything you want!

JBeanBunny-

I had my reception in there...I had 59 people. I was afraid of what it would look like as well and it actually was perfect. They would have let me try to squeeze everyone it Outlook since our wedding was on Castaway Cay but I wanted everyone to have room. I have pictures posted on my TR if you want to see what it looked like during the reception. I am SO excited for you. My onboard coordinator was Andy and he was absolutely fantastic! From what he was saying, they switch them around quite a bit.

Lisa

Funny, I was just about to tell her "I think Lisa had her reception in there!" lol It looked really nice for your reception!

JBeanBunny- Anything you can tell me about how the CC wedding timing works would be great! I got a lot of help on that from Lisa's blog already but anything else would be good. Did she say when her turn as coordinator is over? Just curious since I have only 2 months until my wedding if it might be her!

HAPPY VR DAY LORI!!!!!

(I think today is her VR)

Thank you Betsy. Yes our vow renewal was last Monday. It was amazing to say the least.

We were treated like royalty from the moment we got to the port till we departed the boat on Saturday.

Lindsay was our on board wedding planner. She was beyond amazing, she called me everyday of the cruise just to see if we needed anything. Above and beyond what she needed to do right there, but she sent us something to our room everyday as well. I can't believe the attention she gave us.

Anyone remotely thinking of a wedding or vow renewal on the Magic will not be disappointed if she is your coordinator.

I haven't downloaded the CD onto the computer yet, but once we do I will post pictures.

The day was perfect with temps in the low 80's.

We had perfect weather the entire week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter