Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most importantly...be happy! I don't think any of us want anything other than to be happy on our wedding day...I know some of you may not like anything I do but it is about me being happy. I love all of the cruise line weddings I have seen and as a passenger on the ship at one time or another, I have always respected people's privacy but I do love seeing the brides!!

I wouldn't be bothered by passerbyes while walking on boat or walking to the beach. But I wouldn't have to have to ask someone to step out of my wedding photos like someone else suggested. Not on my day. I guess I feel like the ceramony should be something where you don't have to worry about strangers being in your pictures or blocking the photographer or just being a distraction. I guess its me. Unlike what someone else posted its not about saving the money but its what you get for the money. If I'm paying to have a bunch of strangers walk in on my ceramony and take pictures thats not what I want. So thats not what I'll pay for. Unless disney is going to give them a costume to join my party I say not.

there were 3 weddings that took place when i cruised. two took place in the privacy in the outlook lounge. One in the morning and one in the evening, which was mine. Due to hurricane Irene having her way with castaway cay we could not dock there that day. One of the brides was a castaway cay beach bride and she had about 50 guests and the outlook lounge was to small for her amount of guest. So some how the wedding coordinators were able to rope off the lobby and have the wedding there on the steps underneath the grand chandelier. beautiful and unique location but people were lined up around the balcony looking over and her wedding .. it was kind of loud so you couldn't even hear them say their vows with everyone talking and kids screaming. No privacy what so ever. Unfortunately there nothing the cruise can do about it I think being a cruise bride you need to prepare yourself for a lot of attention and for the pictures they may get in the back round you just have to pick locations with less traffic. I felt bad for the bride that she couldn't get married on castaway cay but besides the noise level.. the lobby was a beautiful place to get married.

I wouldn't be bothered by passerbyes while walking on boat or walking to the beach. But I wouldn't have to have to ask someone to step out of my wedding photos like someone else suggested. Not on my day. I guess I feel like the ceramony should be something where you don't have to worry about strangers being in your pictures or blocking the photographer or just being a distraction. I guess its me. Unlike what someone else posted its not about saving the money but its what you get for the money. If I'm paying to have a bunch of strangers walk in on my ceramony and take pictures thats not what I want. So thats not what I'll pay for. Unless disney is going to give them a costume to join my party I say not.

All of the things you mention are valid concerns that you have. If I had the same concerns, I would opt for an onboard wedding in the Outlook. The room is very pretty and there is total privacy. I am not sure of the outdoor location on the Dream if that is isolated too, that would be a great question for Shanda. I am bringing a photographer with me so his job is to get the pictures, I am not worried about that. I have also seen what he can do with removing people with photoshop. LOL

Good Luck, and do what will make you happy. :);):)

I hope the Castaway Cay brides did not take offense to my post. I love the idea of getting married with the sand between your toes, but it is not my DF choice. He likes the comforts of air condition :rotfl2:

I think it is your day and you should chose what makes you happy. That is what truly matters. I was just surprised to see how close people can get to your ceremony. I would have thought DCL would have found some where a bit more private.

I actually saw a bride on the ship heading out to Castaway Cay on a cruise we took. I thought it was the coolest thing and that helped me decide on my decision to get married on DCL. Deep down I am looking forward to walking around the ship in our wedding attire ;). It will make it a bit more special.

I'm glad I posted my concern since you guys really helped me out. Its good to have an idea of what potentialaly can happen and even be able to ask questions before the big day. Thank you.

I'm glad I posted my concern since you guys really helped me out. Its good to have an idea of what potentialaly can happen and even be able to ask questions before the big day. Thank you.

Absolutely! You should ask all of the questions you want on here where people will tell you. It will help you make decisions that will make you happy. I think the best thing about the boards is the help you get from others and all of the wonderful ideas that people share. You will not like all of them, but some of them you will love! Good luck with planning and let us all know what you decide to do. :)

Feel free to ask anything. I got invaluable information from the other disbrides (and grooms) on this thread. I would love to share some of my experience, if it helps someone else.

I will know more in a couple days, we leave Wednesday, have our legal wedding day/sail day on Thursday, and wedding on Saturday! So excited to share pictures when I get back!!

Hey Everyone! I'm looking for a PJ or TR I saw months and months ago, and can't seem to find it. Did anyone elope alone on a DCL? I remember seeing alot of photos of a couple who did, and I wanted to check it out again now that my time is getting so close. Anyone have any idea of who this could have been?

All of the things you mention are valid concerns that you have. If I had the same concerns, I would opt for an onboard wedding in the Outlook. The room is very pretty and there is total privacy. I am not sure of the outdoor location on the Dream if that is isolated too, that would be a great question for Shanda. I am bringing a photographer with me so his job is to get the pictures, I am not worried about that. I have also seen what he can do with removing people with photoshop. LOL

Good Luck, and do what will make you happy. :);):)

Well said! Photo shop works wonders :)

Hi Everyone!!

I would really like to bring a professional photographer along for our wedding, but the few I've contacted are turning out to be really expensive =( What is everyone else doing for photography? Going with Disney or bringing a professional photographer? Any suggestions on photographers I could contact? Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!!

I would really like to bring a professional photographer along for our wedding, but the few I've contacted are turning out to be really expensive =( What is everyone else doing for photography? Going with Disney or bringing a professional photographer? Any suggestions on photographers I could contact? Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

We are paying the way for our photographer and guest in exchange for services, maybe find someone willing to take the cruise as payment?

Hello, everyone! I'm new to DIS and new to the idea of planning a DCL wedding! I've been engaged for about 15 months now, and I'm getting SO antsy to get married, but we keep changing our minds for one reason or another (usually dreaming way out of our budget!) We got engaged at Disneyland and we actually work at WDW, so we've ALWAYS wanted a Disney wedding, but we've witnessed SO many WDW weddings that we're kind of burnt out of the idea of having one there. He recently suggested a DCL wedding after talking to a recent wedded couple, and he fell in love with the idea! He's never cruised and I only cruised the Magic 7 and 8 years ago, so I'm smitten by the idea!

Now... Where do I start? Do I book my cruise then call the Wedding team, or do I call the wedding team, then book my cruise? Do I book the cruise through Disney, or find cheaper fares through travel agents? (I would really need a month-to-month payment plan, I don't have THAT much $ saved up yet!) I'm worried about the availability of the wedding package, and I'm HOPING that less brides get married in the off-season when cruise fares are cheaper for ourselves and our guests! Then I wonder if I should choose the 3 or 4 day Bahamian cruise, because it's only a couple/few hundred dollars more, but then I wonder if I increase the price of our cruise if less of my family would be able to attend... I want to book the cruise and wedding package ASAP so I can send out my invites ASAP so everyone can start saving and booking when prices are lower...

SO much to think about! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I want the DCL wedding, so what's the next step??? :thanks:

Hello, everyone! I'm new to DIS and new to the idea of planning a DCL wedding! I've been engaged for about 15 months now, and I'm getting SO antsy to get married, but we keep changing our minds for one reason or another (usually dreaming way out of our budget!) We got engaged at Disneyland and we actually work at WDW, so we've ALWAYS wanted a Disney wedding, but we've witnessed SO many WDW weddings that we're kind of burnt out of the idea of having one there. He recently suggested a DCL wedding after talking to a recent wedded couple, and he fell in love with the idea! He's never cruised and I only cruised the Magic 7 and 8 years ago, so I'm smitten by the idea!

Now... Where do I start? Do I book my cruise then call the Wedding team, or do I call the wedding team, then book my cruise? Do I book the cruise through Disney, or find cheaper fares through travel agents? (I would really need a month-to-month payment plan, I don't have THAT much $ saved up yet!) I'm worried about the availability of the wedding package, and I'm HOPING that less brides get married in the off-season when cruise fares are cheaper for ourselves and our guests! Then I wonder if I should choose the 3 or 4 day Bahamian cruise, because it's only a couple/few hundred dollars more, but then I wonder if I increase the price of our cruise if less of my family would be able to attend... I want to book the cruise and wedding package ASAP so I can send out my invites ASAP so everyone can start saving and booking when prices are lower...

SO much to think about! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I want the DCL wedding, so what's the next step??? :thanks:

I suggest you work with a travel agent who could help you in planning this. I used a former Disbride, I can PM you her info and she is also found on facebook. I believe Mousesavers.com may also have a travel agency feature to help you....it really helps to have someone who knows the timing and such of the planning!!!

Good luck! :)

Hello! Unlike others, I didn't use a travel agency I just booked everything through the cruise line. You will need to book the cruise before you book the wedding.

All of the money isn't due when you book. Only the cruise deposit, which also counts as the wedding deposit. All of both are due ~ 45 days prior to cruising.

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and my ticker says 4 days until my wedding (which is CRAZY!).

So before I go I wanted to sincerely thank everyone on this thread. From the old cruise brides to the current cruise brides and groom, I appreciate all of the information. I look forward to sharing pictures when we return.

Thanks for everything!!!! :grouphug:

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and my ticker says 4 days until my wedding (which is CRAZY!).

So before I go I wanted to sincerely thank everyone on this thread. From the old cruise brides to the current cruise brides and groom, I appreciate all of the information. I look forward to sharing pictures when we return.

Congratulations, have a blast, and enjoy your time!!!!!! :lovestruc

Cheryl

Have a great time, congratulations, and can't wait to see your pictures when you get back!! It has been fun following you to your big day!!

I didn't use a travel agent either. I booked everything through Disney. What you want to do is call DFTW and check availiblity before you book your cruise. As soon as they tell you that date is available, book it and email the reservation to the person you talked to on the phone. That way you don't have to keep changing your reservation if they don't have a wedding slot available. You will also need to decide if you want an onboard wedding or a Castaway Cay wedding. Some brides prefer onboard opposed to Castaway Cay and some of us prefer Castaway Cay over the onboard weddings. There are also limits to the number of people that can go with you at the different locations. You may want to visit the Disney Fairytale Wedding website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter