Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone here who has already had their wedding and what not ... or maybe someone a little more experienced ... i need advice on the photography package.

MY DF and I will be getting married jan 28 2012 on castaway cay. We want to have a disney photographer (primarily because we couldn't afford to get another one and pay for their trip). But i've heard so many different thigns about the photographer's and the pictures of brides who were married on the cruise line. Some loved their photographer and pictures some absolutely hated them and thought it was a complete waste of money.

Also ... is it only one photographer? I would love to have one with me as i get ready and one with the guys/my guests ... but if we only have one that would be a little difficult and one of us would just have to have candid amateur pictures of the preparations that morning.

I hope this all makes sense ..... thanks so much!

Our VR was 3 years ago on the Magic...in January :goodvibes....and we used one of their photographers. I have to tell you I was more than pleased with my photos. My advice is to look at what other people have had done and write down the shots that you would really love to do. That way, you won't forget and have regrets. When you are in the moment, everything becomes a blur and even the greatest photographer might not get that shot that you really wanted.

We only had the one photographer. She did take some pictures of the guests while they were waiting and then we we arrived. I took candids in our room as we got dressed. I am certain that if you want something different, they can accomodate that once you are on board. Don't sweat it now, just make certain you put that on the agenda of things to talk to the coordinator about.

I don't know how the photos work on CC...just know that in January, the island is not hot. We actually wore sweatshirts during that day (January 25th.) The sun did come out, and it was in the 70's, but still brisk if you are going strapless.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl

Our VR was 3 years ago on the Magic...in January :goodvibes....and we used one of their photographers. I have to tell you I was more than pleased with my photos. My advice is to look at what other people have had done and write down the shots that you would really love to do. That way, you won't forget and have regrets. When you are in the moment, everything becomes a blur and even the greatest photographer might not get that shot that you really wanted.

We only had the one photographer. She did take some pictures of the guests while they were waiting and then we we arrived. I took candids in our room as we got dressed. I am certain that if you want something different, they can accomodate that once you are on board. Don't sweat it now, just make certain you put that on the agenda of things to talk to the coordinator about.

I don't know how the photos work on CC...just know that in January, the island is not hot. We actually wore sweatshirts during that day (January 25th.) The sun did come out, and it was in the 70's, but still brisk if you are going strapless.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl

thanks so much! i know that the island isn't supposed to be hot and i am going strapless ... we're just going to pray that it is in the 70's and nothing colder :)

i've already started collecting photo's and ideas and know kind of what I want. I just have heard some people have not been thrilled at all with the quality of photos. And that worried my DF a little bit. We were originally going with the 1000 dollar package (its the one where you get the most for your money) and then heard some bad reports on the photographer and started second guessing what we should get. But if you had a good one I'm sure that means there's hope!

thanks so much!

Those of you who had your hair done in the salon, do you think there is any chance that the hair do would survive a night?

When my plans to do our vow renewal on the ship came apart, I had really given up on the idea. Suddenly DH suggested that maybe we should reconsider Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California. This had been or original plan when we first were talking about a vow renewal long before our first cruise.

To make a long story, we are now having our vow renewal at 1 PM on October 9th on the campus of Crystal Cathedral which just so happens to be the day we get off the Wonder. So I won't have time for a hair appointment. So I thought I will try to get the last salon appointment on the Wonder the evening before and then put a scarf over my hair at night. Do you think that this may work?

Corinna

Does anyone know if Disney sets up a wedding website for Cruise weddings? I want to start one soon, but I haven't seen any mention of a website for DCL weddings.

Hello to all you DCL brides! I have read this trend from the very beginning, and I have gotten a ton of information.
I am getting married on Castaway Cay on 11-11-11. I am so excited to have been able to book that date, mainly because it's a really unique date, and it's veteran's day (I met my fiance while we were both deployed with the Army in Iraq).
I see that many DCL brides are having issues with getting questions answered, and I can say that I have had some issues myself. I really wanted a MK photoshoot, and I didn't get any info on this, so I went ahead and found a point of contact and booked my own photo shoot (which I was very lucky to get that date). I did have a few questions
1. Did anyone use any diffrent seating arrangements for Castaway Cay? I went on a cruise in November, and I really didn't like the chairs too much. I was thinking pink blankets. Any thoughts on how I could pull that off?
2. Did anyone have any gift shipped to the boat? I would like to give welcome gifts, but I don't want to carry it all.

Hello to all you DCL brides! I have read this trend from the very beginning, and I have gotten a ton of information.
I am getting married on Castaway Cay on 11-11-11. I am so excited to have been able to book that date, mainly because it's a really unique date, and it's veteran's day (I met my fiance while we were both deployed with the Army in Iraq).
I see that many DCL brides are having issues with getting questions answered, and I can say that I have had some issues myself. I really wanted a MK photoshoot, and I didn't get any info on this, so I went ahead and found a point of contact and booked my own photo shoot (which I was very lucky to get that date). I did have a few questions
1. Did anyone use any diffrent seating arrangements for Castaway Cay? I went on a cruise in November, and I really didn't like the chairs too much. I was thinking pink blankets. Any thoughts on how I could pull that off?
2. Did anyone have any gift shipped to the boat? I would like to give welcome gifts, but I don't want to carry it all.

You know i was wondering the same thing about seating on Castaway Cat and considered the same option as you but have since reconsidered blankets as I am worried about older Guests becoming uncomfortable (grandmas/grandpas). So now, I just want find a way to make those green chairs look better. Any one have any ideas?

I can help with question #2. You can have a box shipped to the ship. But it needs to follow certain rules, for general customers. I don't know if that is the same for brides. Check the Cruise Line Forum for the exact rules.

I would imagine there were differant chairs for weddings but don't hold me to it. I have not done this yet;)

You know i was wondering the same thing about seating on Castaway Cat and considered the same option as you but have since reconsidered blankets as I am worried about older Guests becoming uncomfortable (grandmas/grandpas). So now, I just want find a way to make those green chairs look better. Any one have any ideas?

Pat Catans had great ideas to make affordable seat covers that were gorgeous. Hope that might help.:thumbsup2

Seat covers are a great idea, but would the Disnet staff set them up for us or would I have to send someone down to the beach to do it?

:laughing: we must not have those restaurants here. I was like I've been obsessively planning (and driving Brent crazy) what did I miss?

LOL Yes, I tend to go with the things and they get stuck in my head! I am also planning my honeymoon and in 35 days get to do the advanced dining and I have all those restaurants floating in my head as well! ha ha ha

My TA did say that I can ask for my rotation/seating arrangement's so I will be as it gets closer!

Ok I have a question for everyone. We are booked for an onboard wedding because I didn't want to take any time away from our Castaway Cay day. But now I'm thinking of switching to the Castaway wedding because the pictures are very important to me and I really wanted the water in the background. I liked the old secret deck 7 location but it doesn't look like there is anything similar on the Dream. What would everyone else do? Do you loose much of your day on Castaway Cay?:confused3

Ok I have a question for everyone. We are booked for an onboard wedding because I didn't want to take any time away from our Castaway Cay day. But now I'm thinking of switching to the Castaway wedding because the pictures are very important to me and I really wanted the water in the background. I liked the old secret deck 7 location but it doesn't look like there is anything similar on the Dream. What would everyone else do? Do you loose much of your day on Castaway Cay?:confused3

If I'm remembering correctly the ceremony was at 10am, and it was about noon when we all broke from Palo. By the time we were done with photos and everything else it was about 1pm. The all-aboard was at 5pm I believe.

We ourselves had plenty of time for a quick change, lunch at Cookies, chat with some of our guests, relax at the water for a bit and shop for souvenirs. I think we even had time to go back to the room for a nap. ;)

HTH! :goodvibes

I need some advice guys.

We are getting married on CC at 10:30 on Oct 14th.

After picture when we get back to the reception, I'd like to have some brunch items available to eat. There is just something about having cake that early in the morning/afternoon.

We can't do Palo because my son is 4 months shy of 18 and he wont be allowed in.

Have any of you used the area they set aside for the cake (I think it is the Cadilliac lounge) for a meal? Have any of you done that...had a meal afterwards? If so, what foods did you have?

I need ideas and to find out if possible. Shanda looked into some continental items and some mimosas, but i am thinking more along the lines of eggs, french toast, hot lunch items etc.

Any advice from what you've all done or have planned?

I need some advice guys.

We are getting married on CC at 10:30 on Oct 14th.

After picture when we get back to the reception, I'd like to have some brunch items available to eat. There is just something about having cake that early in the morning/afternoon.

We can't do Palo because my son is 4 months shy of 18 and he wont be allowed in.

Have any of you used the area they set aside for the cake (I think it is the Cadilliac lounge) for a meal? Have any of you done that...had a meal afterwards? If so, what foods did you have?

I need ideas and to find out if possible. Shanda looked into some continental items and some mimosas, but i am thinking more along the lines of eggs, french toast, hot lunch items etc.

Any advice from what you've all done or have planned?

Congrats on your wedding! :goodvibes

The cake and champagne reception after the ceremony in Palo is a private event, so the normal rules about no one under age 18 do not apply. We had four kids under 18 at our reception.

We did ask for ice cream to be served in Palo with cake, but that was all. Afterwards most of our guests went back to thier rooms, got changed for the beach and headed for Cookies.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter