Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the rose wand from Perfect Gift

jen5.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

and the centerpieces

Melissa130.jpg

Melissa136.jpg

Any word on WHEN an outdoor location might be added for the Dream? We leave mid-May. I was hoping they might get it figured out by then! :sad2:
Also, do we get a choice between Palo and Remy for the after ceremony dinner? We are booked for Palo but I've seen other TR's mention Remy. Shanda never offered a choice.
If I DO get a choice, which do you think would be better and why? :confused3

Any word on WHEN an outdoor location might be added for the Dream? We leave mid-May. I was hoping they might get it figured out by then! :sad2:
Also, do we get a choice between Palo and Remy for the after ceremony dinner? We are booked for Palo but I've seen other TR's mention Remy. Shanda never offered a choice.
If I DO get a choice, which do you think would be better and why? :confused3

We are actually skipping the dinner and opted for an upgraded brunch for our guests the day after, that way we don't miss rotation...I think Remy would cost a lot more if you went that route as they charge 75/head vs. 20 I think... Plus I am not sure they will allow big parties in Remy...please let us know how you do :)

Hi we just got our group manager name for our up coming vow renewal does anyone know anything about lindsay. The good the bad and ugly thing about her

here is an album with most of the wedding pics in it. everything was awesome!!

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aja0319/

So pretty! Everything looks lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Hi we just got our group manager name for our up coming vow renewal does anyone know anything about lindsay. The good the bad and ugly thing about her

I actually didn't go through DCL for groups. Everyone booked separately and we "linked" the reservations together. Shanda said that would work for getting everyone on the same dining rotation which is about all I cared for. Hopefully someone else can help.

Although I just realized your signature says 8 days until its time - so if thats the case maybe its an on boat group manager? And I still can't help. :)

We are actually skipping the dinner and opted for an upgraded brunch for our guests the day after, that way we don't miss rotation...I think Remy would cost a lot more if you went that route as they charge 75/head vs. 20 I think... Plus I am not sure they will allow big parties in Remy...please let us know how you do :)

How were you able to do this? We have too many people for the traditional Palo dinner (with a group) and I'm totally bumming about missing a dining rotation. This sounds lovely.

Is there anyone here who has already had their wedding and what not ... or maybe someone a little more experienced ... i need advice on the photography package.

MY DF and I will be getting married jan 28 2012 on castaway cay. We want to have a disney photographer (primarily because we couldn't afford to get another one and pay for their trip). But i've heard so many different thigns about the photographer's and the pictures of brides who were married on the cruise line. Some loved their photographer and pictures some absolutely hated them and thought it was a complete waste of money.

Also ... is it only one photographer? I would love to have one with me as i get ready and one with the guys/my guests ... but if we only have one that would be a little difficult and one of us would just have to have candid amateur pictures of the preparations that morning.

I hope this all makes sense ..... thanks so much!

So pretty! Everything looks lovely! Thanks for sharing!

I actually didn't go through DCL for groups. Everyone booked separately and we "linked" the reservations together. Shanda said that would work for getting everyone on the same dining rotation which is about all I cared for. Hopefully someone else can help.

Although I just realized your signature says 8 days until its time - so if thats the case maybe its an on boat group manager? And I still can't help. :)

How were you able to do this? We have too many people for the traditional Palo dinner (with a group) and I'm totally bumming about missing a dining rotation. This sounds lovely.

My travel agent set it up for me, you would just have to tell then you are opting to do the brunch instead...we have a party of 18 and they are able to accommodate that!

Is there anyone here who has already had their wedding and what not ... or maybe someone a little more experienced ... i need advice on the photography package.

MY DF and I will be getting married jan 28 2012 on castaway cay. We want to have a Disney photographer (primarily because we couldn't afford to get another one and pay for their trip). But i've heard so many different things about the photographer's and the pictures of brides who were married on the cruise line. Some loved their photographer and pictures some absolutely hated them and thought it was a complete waste of money.

Also ... is it only one photographer? I would love to have one with me as i get ready and one with the guys/my guests ... but if we only have one that would be a little difficult and one of us would just have to have candid amateur pictures of the preparations that morning.

I hope this all makes sense ..... thanks so much!

I also heard negative things about the Disney photographers...with that being said maybe Disney has different photographers for the Dream, like a new "crop" of people..

However, I am bringing my own photographer. She is actually less than if I went with a Disney photographer and if you went with the best package so you can get the disc with your pics on it..plus we have been brainstorming ideas about where to take photos, etc. She will also be taking pictures at two of the sit down dinners! It is possible by bartering, say for example you pay for the photographers room for them and a guest in exchange for photos...

www.mikkelpaige.com was willing to work with me and I do not think I will be disappointed...get the BEST rate on an inside room and go from there!

Good luck on whatever you decide :)

thanks! ... we just weren't thinking ... and we're having an issue because our cruse is the one year anniversary sailing of the dream ... so rooms went fast. I don't know if there's any rooms left available and if they are they're going to be expensive.

I really like the tiki floral torches. But we're not going to use them. It doesn't list a cost, which automatically makes me afraid :eek: I would love to, but can't justify spending anymore either, especially when we aren't there that long. Our total cost for everything disney related (cruise, wedding, portraits, honeymoon, flights, paying someone to watch our pets, etc.) is at just under $10,000. My parents are helping us with the wedding related costs but I'm still stressed about paying for everything. :worried:

Are you doing bridesmaid bouquets (if you have any bridesmaids)? I have a hard time justifying the $125 for a bridesmaid bouquet also. Especially since my only bridesmaid/maid of honor is my Italian sister (exchange student) coming over from Australia; she wouldn't be able to take it with her after the cruise.

I'm thinking about making some sort of bouquet with silk flowers but am still looking for ideas.

I'm sorry if this seems like i'm barging! but i'm getting married on castaway cay via the dream jan 2012 and i asked shanda how much the tiki's were (my dmil wanted to know) and she said that they were about 75 a piece.

thanks! ... we just weren't thinking ... and we're having an issue because our cruse is the one year anniversary sailing of the dream ... so rooms went fast. I don't know if there's any rooms left available and if they are they're going to be expensive.

I hear ya, my sailing is sold out and a lot of friends could not get a room b/c of that!

I'm sorry if this seems like i'm barging! but i'm getting married on castaway cay via the dream jan 2012 and i asked shanda how much the tiki's were (my dmil wanted to know) and she said that they were about 75 a piece.

A previous Disbride said they were 500..totally crazy! If they were 75 each that would not be bad!

Good to know! Never feel like you are barging... Thats what we are here for to share.

My travel agent set it up for me, you would just have to tell then you are opting to do the brunch instead...we have a party of 18 and they are able to accommodate that!

Hmmm. I don't have a travel agent - I've just been calling Disney myself. Did you book through the groups part of DCL? We didn't do that either (we have 19 total). I can ask Shanda about it I guess.

Good to know! Never feel like you are barging... Thats what we are here for to share.

Hmmm. I don't have a travel agent - I've just been calling Disney myself. Did you book through the groups part of DCL? We didn't do that either (we have 19 total). I can ask Shanda about it I guess.

My TA runs everything by Shanda, just let her know that you would prefer to have your dining stay on rotation AND have the upgraded brunch at Palo! I am hoping, and def. going to ask, to have my wedding night dinner at the royal table :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter