Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting married on CC!! It's really exciting and I'm so impressed with how cheap it is!

My fiance (before he was my fiance) and I sat down to start talking wedding stuff about a month before he proposed and we decided to randomly look at disney cruise line weddings and were flabbergasted when we saw how cheap it was!! I'm 331 days away from my disney wedding and get more excited with every day!

I'm getting married on CC!! It's really exciting and I'm so impressed with how cheap it is!

My fiance (before he was my fiance) and I sat down to start talking wedding stuff about a month before he proposed and we decided to randomly look at disney cruise line weddings and were flabbergasted when we saw how cheap it was!! I'm 331 days away from my disney wedding and get more excited with every day!

Congrats!! Welcome to the boards :).

Welcome to the boards! Do you have a planning journal started yet?

I had four tiki torches with white and red roses. pal leaves, shells, and small order of rose pedals. It came to $508. I loved it. Please look at my pictures on photobucket and see what you think. The only drawback is after the ceremony you never see them again. I did get two arrangements in my stateroom after the wedding that were on the cake table. I dont know where they came from. Not sure if they came from the tourches or they were done separate for the table. All the flowers were gorgeous.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/babypinkbunny/Castaway%20Cay%20Wedding/

Wow...508! That seems a bit steep to me BUT that could be b/c I have added on a Magic Kingdom shoot and think to myself, wow in 8 months I have to pay for all of this! LOL

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! What a great wedding you had! I may just get the torches...but who knows...I will figure it out when it gets a bit closer! :)

I thought that too! I see a lot of posts that talk about the weddings/VRs being expensive but I think it is very reasonable. On my BIG DAY, we eloped which is great and I wouldn't trade it for anything (just him and I staring into each others eyes) but there has always been something missing - the dress and flowers, cake and family, a little girls' dream. Now we have a chance to bring our love of each other together with our love of Disney in a way that few can ever experience. Friends & Family to boot! It's worth every penny to me :)

Here is a link to my pictures. I hope you can get to them. They were all taken by Andre on the Dream (Shutters photographer). I highly recommend him. All 310 pictures on the CD were great. After we weeded out the ones we looked stupid in we had about 200 left. :rotfl: DH had is bottom shirt button open in alot of them so they got tossed. :lmao:

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/babypinkbunny/Castaway%20Cay%20Wedding/

Gorgeous! Love the barefoot sandals btw! I had a custom pair made with blue mickey charms for my something blue, but I'm not sure what I'm going to so with them now that we're getting married at Sunset Pointe. Ah well! Fantastic pics, and I'm so happy for you!

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k571/leelip1982/

Maybe this will work to post pictures.......

Absolutely beautiful! I really love the one where you're lying your head on the piano. Congratulations!

that is my dress!! :lovestruc

it looks so pretty in the sand!! Agh..makes me want to do it agaiN!!!!

I thought I'd seen that dress somewhere before! Great minds think alike :thumbsup2

This board helped me so much during my planning process, I am happy to help with what I can!

Here are some more photos of the Outlook and our ceremony.

Wow, so pretty! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Ok need to vent and need the managers email/phone number! So I called to complain that Shanda hasn't responded to my email from a month ago and the lady gave me the "speech"....she is the only wedding planner for DCL...the lady put me on hold to try to contact her and after several minutes she comes back on to tell me that shanda will call me as soon as she gets down on the phone...I'm still waiting and that was over 6 hours ago. That bride must have a lot of issues!!!!!

The reason I am trying to contact her is to make sure that the inside location is big enough for my guests. I would like to know if I need to switch a cc ceremony, not too mention the additional cost! I didn't think that would be something that would take a long time to research? I mean an email only takes a few seconds to reply too!

I have had my question answered dome what by the brides who were just married on the Dream, but last I checked I am not paying them, but Disney for this wedding. If someone could please post the managers contact info again I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for letting a frustrated bride vent!

Sorry Lisa, you are going through this:hug:. They should be able to tell you if the Outlook can work for you. If they have to move you, I would push for some credit of some sort due to the lack of communication from Shanda. A month to answer a simple question is sad. I would also drop the not so subtle hint that they need additional people to help Shanda.:rolleyes1

Cindy Garber is the DFTW director..she may be some help..her email is
I think she would be interested to hear so many people are considering cancelling..I never had an issue with Cathy the old coordinator, but I know many girls at the time did..but now I am hearing the same thing about Shanda, so maybe DFTW needs to look into how the DCL is being run

Here you go......good luck. She didn't do anything to help me.

Ok need to vent and need the managers email/phone number! So I called to complain that Shanda hasn't responded to my email from a month ago and the lady gave me the "speech"....she is the only wedding planner for DCL...the lady put me on hold to try to contact her and after several minutes she comes back on to tell me that shanda will call me as soon as she gets down on the phone...I'm still waiting and that was over 6 hours ago. That bride must have a lot of issues!!!!!

The reason I am trying to contact her is to make sure that the inside location is big enough for my guests. I would like to know if I need to switch a cc ceremony, not too mention the additional cost! I didn't think that would be something that would take a long time to research? I mean an email only takes a few seconds to reply too!

I have had my question answered dome what by the brides who were just married on the Dream, but last I checked I am not paying them, but Disney for this wedding. If someone could please post the managers contact info again I would greatly appreciate it!

Oh I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! :hug: I wish I could help somehow. I don't understand how Disney can just let this go- they openly acknowledge that it's a problem, yet they don't do anything about it. I wish there was someone you could go to above Cindy. Anyone have Bob Iger's email? lol

i sent Shanda the same email as you concerning the the outlook lounge and how many guests i have 2 weeks ago. if you call it goes straight to voice mail and sometimes it rings and goes to voice mail anyway. i left 1 message (scratch that i left one more 5 seconds ago) so far on her voice mail as well.. I have 38 guest total and i even wrote in there if she could get back to me as soon as possible since this is a serious matter and im loosing sleep over it hahaha dramatic i know. I have a lot of faith in God and patients since it seems you need it when it comes to planning a wedding. if i hear anything before you ill let you know asap!

I can't seem to get an email answered either. :confused3

So sorry to everyone else thats having trouble. It is frustrating that they admit the problem but don't fix it.

Well I emailed the manager lady today and surprise suprise....her out of office is on!!! I know she did read my email, but no response. Uurrgghh!!!!!!

One more thing...I will post once and if I hear anything. Do you really think that many weddings happen on DCL that she is that busy?

If you average 1 cruise a week and multiple that by 3 boats by 3 per cruise(I read that somewhere not sure how accurate) that is 468 weddings. That is alot. If there is only 2 weddings per cruise than, you are looking at 312 weddings. That is assuming that wedding happen on all iteneries. Shanda should have some help, at least part time. I could see have the wedding coordinators that are on the ships either help telecommuting or when off the boat.

I am sure that they do not have weddings on every cruise or on every boat. In 2012 they are adding another boat.

If you average 1 cruise a week and multiple that by 3 boats by 3 per cruise(I read that somewhere not sure how accurate) that is 468 weddings. That is alot. If there is only 2 weddings per cruise than, you are looking at 312 weddings. That is assuming that wedding happen on all iteneries. Shanda should have some help, at least part time. I could see have the wedding coordinators that are on the ships either help telecommuting or when off the boat.

I am sure that they do not have weddings on every cruise or on every boat. In 2012 they are adding another boat.

I agree, she should have some help. My point of complaining is to make that point! Why can't they see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter