• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get such perks!! Disney always knows how to bring the magic! I'm looking forward to it! We have a party of 40 guests, so hopefully they will notice we are in need of some special Disney magic! Most of the 40 are new to Disney experience, so I'm really hoping to win them over and show them why we are all so obsessed with Disney!!!!

Goldeelox - can you please post a large picture of your ring??

i'd love to see it - is that a mickey head on the side?

I've been trying to read everyone's PJs for DCL weddings and VR I see links to!!!! You all had beautiful stories!!! Thank you SO much for sharing! Please repost your links for anyone who also might be interested to relive your events! I would like to see if there are any I may have missed!

Everyone's events were so unique. I can't wait to get the ball rolling on mine:rotfl:!

What "perks" did you get for being a DCL bride that isn't in the contract? Some of your cruises sound like you got alot of "extra" attention... Anyone get upgraded? Presents from DCL? Additional bottles of champagne? Early boarding???? Love to hear the exciting things that happened to you!!!!

I am wary of posting my "perks" because they are not guaranteed and are just nice surprises..
I requested a Bridge Tour with our onboard coordinator and she said she would ask the Captain ..This was my DH's first cruise and I thought he would love to do something like see the Bridge or Kitchen. We received an invitation from the Captain on the last day as we left CC. They were really great letting our DD turn some controls in order to get ready for sail-away. The Captain even came in right before we left and since he had done our VR the day before, chatted with us for a moment. His assistant even told us how the contracts work with the officers and crew. It was amazing!

qsr0no.jpg

5y7qqa.jpg

6hojlx.jpg

We also got a pair of robes and beach bag with DFTW on it, but I think they have discontinued those..

It’s not a Mickey Mouse Ring, not a real one, I am sure the designer of the Ring wasn’t designing the ring to have a Mickey head in it, It just looks like one. Pete (my DH) said he picked it because the three side diamonds reminded him of the Mickey Mouse diamond earrings I wear every day, except all three side diamonds are the same size and the bottom one isn’t bigger (like on the earrings), but didn’t think anyone else would notice. He was shocked by how many other people see the “Hidden Mickey” I seen it right away! He was all surprised, he thought it would be our own private hidden Mickey. I think if people didn’t know about my love of all things Disney, they wouldn’t see it so readily! I love it, I love how it isn’t all flashy Mickey Mouse in your face, and how it still very much looks like an engagement ring, with only a tiny hidden Disney touch!

1460331618_6845297c1a.jpg

1460332152_8a156a3d68.jpg

1473791515_4cbe42feb2.jpg

1480836344_84c7eee276.jpg

1539108322_c5fdf21d10.jpg

2217291279_043d0d61d7.jpg

My Husband did the BEST job ever picking my Engagement ring!!!

Lisa your ring is gorgeous and your husband did a great job:thumbsup2

Hello all we are back and are trying to get back to reality. The week before in WDW was wonderful as well.

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL, everything I dreamed it would be.

Shanda informed me that we had Tawanda and Patty as the wedding coordinator's. Let me say we laughed the whole time with them.

Our bus didn't come and get us until noon so by the time we got there and through all of us registering, through the welcome aboard pictures and then welcoming us onto the ship we only had time to run to our rooms to drop off our day bags only to go meet them at guest services. We all went to the WD Theater to do the legal part then just the four of us to the Cadillac Lounge. It was on after that all of us were just cracking up. As we were chatting I heard the horn go off then I look out the window and we are moving. What the heck we missed the sail away party. Tawanda and Patty came to our room to talk, to drop/pick things off and we even saw them wandering the ship and it was always the same just laughing it up. Good people those two are.

Well I'm gonna attempt to post pics so with out further ado...

sta0001.jpg

DD Krysta and my dad

Ok lets try this again...

sta0001.jpg

Krysta sees sand

dsc6976t.jpg

dsc6983.jpg

Krysta making sand angels

sta0006.jpg

sta0007.jpg

Uncle Chris caught playing in the sand

sta0008.jpg

sta0010.jpg

I :lovestruc this pic

dsc6977z.jpg

My poor teething baby Lillyana

sta0013.jpg

Some Papa love

sta0015.jpg

Groom patiently waiting

sta0017.jpg

Walking down to Here Comes My Girl by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

sta0032.jpg

sta0041.jpg

sta0043.jpg

sta0048.jpg

The kiss

sta0061.jpg

sta0063.jpg

Beautiful Day by U2 was playing as we took are ceremonial walk and as we were taking pics with fam

sta0067.jpg

Family shot

sta0078.jpg

A moment with Krysta

sta0080.jpg

One of my favorites

sta0081.jpg

Inspired by the photographer

sta0085.jpg

sta0102.jpg

sta0106.jpg

sta0114.jpg

sta0116.jpg

Goofy pretending to walk me down the aisle

sta0117.jpg

That silly Goofy

sta0118.jpg

sta0121.jpg

sta0133.jpg

sta0134.jpg

Captain Jack: Sorry my love but I'm not ready for marriage

sta0135.jpg

Captain Jack: Ohh this is the pirate

sta0136.jpg

Whew Captain Jack is still single ladies

sta0148.jpg

sta0153.jpg

sta0155.jpg

sta0158.jpg

sta0163.jpg

sta0167.jpg

sta0172.jpg

My grandma's pinky ring and her angel pin

sta0175.jpg

Introducing Mr. & Mrs Torres

sta0182.jpg

Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar. OMG the cake was soo good.

sta0195.jpg

sta0198.jpg

sta0200.jpg

sta0207.jpg

sta0214.jpg

sta0215.jpg

sta0218.jpg

sta0222.jpg

sta0232.jpg

sta0237.jpg

One of my favs hehe

sta0238.jpg

Saved by a kiss

sta0239.jpg

sta0241.jpg

dsc7014i.jpg

When I uploaded the pics to imageshack I realized that all 60 prints that I had Shutters print for us isn't on the CD. Problem is that they are already in the wedding book tacked down so I can't even scan them into the computer.:sad2::sick::scared1: so on monday I'm gonna give them a call to see if I can still get them all.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

for some reason the pics aren't fully loading - do you have another link to them?! I want to see them! I can see them partially and want to see the rest! :goodvibes

any other link or location of these photos?? thanks!

I am having the same problem! I can see part of them - I'd love to see them ALL! What I can see looks beautiful!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

What a great wedding! I am so glad it was all you wanted it to be! I love your pictures! Post more please! LOL

Getting to the ship late was something I was scared about. That is why we rented the Vans (it was cheaper then Dinsey too) to get us there. They picked us up at 9am and we were some of the 1st people on the ship. Just an FYI to Future brides!

Jennifer.....love the photos....especially the one with your husband jumping up behind you!!!!! You all look fabulous!

cheryl

So, DH and I were renewing our vows on the Sept. 2nd Disney Wonder cruise. Then my dad got very ill and we decided to have the renewal on a ship close to home so that my dad could come. Carnival, RCCI, and Norwegian all let you have the ceremony and receptions here in Miami and people can attend even if they are not sailing. Not exactly what DH and I had originally planned but we really wanted my dad there.

Unfortunately, my dad didn't make it and passed away last week. So, as we feel like he would have wanted, we are changing the renewal back to the Disney Wonder. We have moved the date back to the Oct. 28th sailing though.

We're excited to be going back to our original plans. I know my dad will be with us in spirit which at least brings me some peace.

So, you'll be hearing some more from me as we get closer to the date.

I called Disney weddings to ask about next year weddings and I was told that prices will be possibly changing after September this year and they could not book anything new until the new prices come out. However, they could not tell me when the new prices will come out. So frustrating! Has anyone gotten any other info?

I called Disney weddings to ask about next year weddings and I was told that prices will be possibly changing after September this year and they could not book anything new until the new prices come out. However, they could not tell me when the new prices will come out. So frustrating! Has anyone gotten any other info?

Hi! We are booked on the Dream for March 2011. It is the same price as this year. The only thing I can think of is it might be after a certain point next year the price might be changing. When were you thinking of doing your wedding or VR? They are usually able to book a year out I believe.....

We are booked on a b2b cruise in May. I had originally wanted to wait and have a disneyworld wedding in 2012, but with everyones finances so tight, I thought we might just go ahead and get hitched on the cruise next year. I just wish they could give me more info or where they will be holding the weddings on the new ship. I doubt the cost will go up that much. Did they tell you any details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter