• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called yesterday and talked to DFTW to find out details about where things were going to be at on the Dream, and they have no details :confused:. They would not even talk to me about it. I am basically in limbo. We want to start planning things. We want to get on the books so to speak because our cruise is not flexible because the kids are on break from school that week.

We are looking at what we want kids to wear, dresses etc.

I called yesterday and talked to DFTW to find out details about where things were going to be at on the Dream, and they have no details :confused:. They would not even talk to me about it. I am basically in limbo. We want to start planning things. We want to get on the books so to speak because our cruise is not flexible because the kids are on break from school that week.

We are looking at what we want kids to wear, dresses etc.

I got the same response when I spoke with them in January...but I expected that. It seems like they have had the same program or very similar program for some time and since it is a new ship...why not roll out a new program...or at least one that has been tweeked!

Don't get frustrated, they said they would probably haved details somewhere between May and August for the Dream. You can at least plan the other things until then...dress, invitations etc...

Well ladies what a weekend:confused3, as I mentioned earlier I had planned to look for wedding dresses and made a reservation 3 months in advance. Well the day comes and my friend drives in to New York City, wgich takes her about 4 hours from PA. My mom is on her way also and I arrive at Klienfelds at 1:00pm, and was ready to start shopping. Well, when I go to the reception area the woman tells me I do not have a reservation, and today is completley booked because the "Say yes to my dress" was filiming. :rotfl2: this could not be happening the women suggested I make another appointment and that was all she could do, I was upset and went into the restroom with my friend, she was so uoset with me also, I said this can not be the end I am gonna go back maybe they have something she did not even look in the computer. Well, when I went back the manager was at the desk, I explained how I did make an appointment and it must be a mistake and how far my friend traveled. She looked in the computer and what do you know someone cancelled a 3pm appointment, she said girls go have lunch and come back at 3pm. Well at 3pm we met with Rita and also the women that does the show "yes to the dress" comes in and looks at what Rita says is the perfect dress, and yes it was the perfect dress. I will say this Klienfeld was so accomidating and the people that work their are so kind and i am so happy with my dress, it was meant to be.:cool1:

Wow! I was holding my breath with that one...Glad they got you in! Do you have pictures?

Well ladies what a weekend:confused3, as I mentioned earlier I had planned to look for wedding dresses and made a reservation 3 months in advance. Well the day comes and my friend drives in to New York City, wgich takes her about 4 hours from PA. My mom is on her way also and I arrive at Klienfelds at 1:00pm, and was ready to start shopping. Well, when I go to the reception area the woman tells me I do not have a reservation, and today is completley booked because the "Say yes to my dress" was filiming. :rotfl2: this could not be happening the women suggested I make another appointment and that was all she could do, I was upset and went into the restroom with my friend, she was so uoset with me also, I said this can not be the end I am gonna go back maybe they have something she did not even look in the computer. Well, when I went back the manager was at the desk, I explained how I did make an appointment and it must be a mistake and how far my friend traveled. She looked in the computer and what do you know someone cancelled a 3pm appointment, she said girls go have lunch and come back at 3pm. Well at 3pm we met with Rita and also the women that does the show "yes to the dress" comes in and looks at what Rita says is the perfect dress, and yes it was the perfect dress. I will say this Klienfeld was so accomidating and the people that work their are so kind and i am so happy with my dress, it was meant to be.:cool1:

I love that show!!!! So glad you got the dress....can't wait to see what it looks like.

Che

Do they allow you to line the aisle with rose petals for weddings on CC?

Real or freeze dried (which are supposed to naturally decompose and be safe for the environment and wildlife)?

They do allow Rose Petals....I was told I needed to order them through Disney though. I know Jennifer brought ones for use on deck and they had to be approved.

BUT it was so windy had we dedcided to go with them they would have been in the water before we made our way to the beach...LOL

I was told I could use rose petals but I figured if there was any kind of breeze, they would be in the corners of the deck before I got down the aisle.

I do wish I had ordered them for a petal toss...that always looks so pretty in pictures.

Hey girls, yes it was a great weekend. Sorry I have been unable to write, I do have a picture of the dress my friend was able to take but they do not allow you to take photos in the dress, as soon as she sends them to me I will post. I am really excitd now what the heck does Rob wear? he is so admit to wear something comfy and not a tux he hates them...any suggestions?

Hi Everyone. I am Becki. My DH Erick & I are thinking of having a 5 Year Anniversary(well a few months later) VR aboard one of the DCL ships in Late Nov. or early Dec. 2012. We were married June 1, 2007 (and welcomed our son July 3, 2007). We were thinking of doing it in late November since my 30th Birthday is in early Nov. and that is how I want to celebrate my big birthday, but want to have a VR to celebrate 5 wonderful years of marriage to DH and have our son there in person (not kicking in my stomach). We still are planning a Wishes DFTVR at WDW for family & friends, but that will come later. We're thinkig it will be a 3 or 4 night Bahamian Cruise followed by a few days in WDW so I can finally see the Christmas lights in Disney and enjoy a night at MVMCP with my 2 favorite people. Low key, but my DH kind of thinks our actual wedding doesn't feel like a real wedding since I wasn't really dressed up in a wedding dress and our wedding day wasn't what we imagined it would be like at all.

Hi Everyone. I am Becki. My DH Erick & I are thinking of having a 5 Year Anniversary(well a few months later) VR aboard one of the DCL ships in Late Nov. or early Dec. 2012. We were married June 1, 2007 (and welcomed our son July 3, 2007). We were thinking of doing it in late November since my 30th Birthday is in early Nov. and that is how I want to celebrate my big birthday, but want to have a VR to celebrate 5 wonderful years of marriage to DH and have our son there in person (not kicking in my stomach). We still are planning a Wishes DFTVR at WDW for family & friends, but that will come later. We're thinkig it will be a 3 or 4 night Bahamian Cruise followed by a few days in WDW so I can finally see the Christmas lights in Disney and enjoy a night at MVMCP with my 2 favorite people. Low key, but my DH kind of thinks our actual wedding doesn't feel like a real wedding since I wasn't really dressed up in a wedding dress and our wedding day wasn't what we imagined it would be like at all.

:banana: welcome aboard!!!

Thank you so much:)!

As you can see by all the posts....and from all our links....there is much to learn and much to choose from. I have to admit, in a way I am glad that I didn't know about the wedding thread when I was planning...I think I would have gone on overload!!! :rotfl:

Have fun planning. We had such a good time on ours, I wouldn't change a thing that we did!

cheryl

As you can see by all the posts....and from all our links....there is much to learn and much to choose from. I have to admit, in a way I am glad that I didn't know about the wedding thread when I was planning...I think I would have gone on overload!!! :rotfl:

Have fun planning. We had such a good time on ours, I wouldn't change a thing that we did!

cheryl

Cheryl, thank you. I know there are a lot of PJs and TRs to read through.I'm glad there are more brides on here who love Disney, Cruising, and it will be very inspiring to get other ideas from everyone who has done it. I know my DH knows I've been planning on a more perfect Wedding (well he saw all my inspirations and ideas before we started dating that I had saved from 7 years ago) so the funny thing is I've been planning it for years now, just haven't executed the dream yet. Unfortunately our actual wedding in a JOP office was wha it came down to being 7 months pregnant and not how we invisioned getting married. He almost lost his Wedding band that day too. At least now we can save up for both and enjoy it. We still haven't had a Honeymoon either, so at least it will feel like one, even with my birthday thrown in. I've cruised before, but never with Disney, and hear nothing but rave reviews about the ships, food, etc. I will start a PJ for this cruise VR/Birthday Trip soon. My computer doesn't like me much(but we're getting our new one soon).

Hey girls, yes it was a great weekend. Sorry I have been unable to write, I do have a picture of the dress my friend was able to take but they do not allow you to take photos in the dress, as soon as she sends them to me I will post. I am really excitd now what the heck does Rob wear? he is so admit to wear something comfy and not a tux he hates them...any suggestions?

My husband wore a Cubavera shirt and linen pants...he was very comfortable!
1zdal3s.jpg

Hello everyone,

I sent in my planning pack yesterday :banana:, started on the paperwork to have the marriage license done online :banana::banana:, have my dress finished and in my possession :banana::banana::banana:, and my girls' dress in my possession:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Now all that is needed is an outfit for Jesus (df) and my mom.

I wasn't going to be picky about the music and just have them play whatever but changed our minds:

Prelude- any disney songs
bride entrance- Here comes my Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Recessional- beautiful day by U2
First dance- still to be decided
Cake cutting- Hit me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar

We now have
Our daughter- Krysta
Our daughter- Lillyana
my mom- Cindy
my dad- Tom
my brother- David
my brother- Chris
my SIL- Jessica
my grandpa- Fred
family friend- Billy
fmil- Lydia
fbil- Miguel
fsil- Berta
fsil's boyfriend- Mario

I picked the contemporary cake no white flowers with marble cake and white chocolate mousse

I picked the tropical flowers but asked if they can make it with alot of white flowers and a few colors to add a little splash. I bought some hair clips from www.lavahut.com but might ask for extra real flowers instead.

We also picked the magic photo package. I was thinking about paying for a prof. to come along on the cruise but then I started thinking maybe they couldn't get us into certain places that one of their dcl photog's can.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Hi everyone

Great to see so many new DCL brides :woohoo: I need a favour I have lost Karen’s (at fine art photography) email and I still don’t have my album from our MK shoot :sad2: I have been trying to track her down through Brianna’s replacement but I don’t have an email contact for her either (I assumed that Brie's emails would just be forwarded to her replacement but they keep bouncing back) if anyone has a email for either of them could you pm me pretty please

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter