Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I hope someone may be able to help us out here. We started out a little rocky and didn't get a return tc from the wedding planner(I would rather not mention her name but I haven't seen it listed here either). After a week and 3 tc's made by my DD, I called and asked to be assigned a different planner. The planner then took my call, but has told my DD that their is no difference in price between having a VR or wedding onboard the Disney Cruise. I know from reading the boards, and other info online, that isn't true but what do I do? Thank you in advance for any help/information.

Hello all! I hope someone may be able to help us out here. We started out a little rocky and didn't get a return tc from the wedding planner(I would rather not mention her name but I haven't seen it listed here either). After a week and 3 tc's made by my DD, I called and asked to be assigned a different planner. The planner then took my call, but has told my DD that their is no difference in price between having a VR or wedding onboard the Disney Cruise. I know from reading the boards, and other info online, that isn't true but what do I do? Thank you in advance for any help/information.

I think it's the same starting in 2010. Only price diff is onboard or CC. Then you'll also have choices for photography. And I thought there was only 1 DCL wedding planner (and she has an assistant).
-Virginia

That's what we were told also (only one planner) but I'm not seeing her name on the posts unless they had a change over. Also if anyone could let me know about getting married the day at sea. We really wanted it for the first day at sea (especially since that is also formal night) but were told we had to have it on the 2nd day at sea. There aren't any other weddings/VR booked on our cruise so I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and gotten around it? Thank you again for any info/suggestions. The price very well could be because of the 2011 and it's not a problem...just didn't want my DD to be given incorrect info.

The planner that most of us used, Brie, is no longer with DCL. I don't think the newer girls have posted the name of the new coordinator yet.

I had heard that the new 2010 pricing and beyond would change so that there was no difference between the wedding and VR price. So it is possible that information you got was correct. And unfortunately, the long delay between phone calls and communication is standard....it was one the most most frustrating issues when i was planning my VR.

I can't help you with the sailing date as we were on the 3 night.

GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to see what you plan!

Ughh, I'm upset too. Well not upset, just slightly annoyed... They told me yesterday it was different prices for vr's and weddings, then I got my first call from my coordinator today and she said they are the same price. Its fine, I had only thought it was cheaper for a day, but in my mind...i'd already figured out how to use that thousand dollars on the trip... :( oh well... such is life... ha

My gown is a size 12....simple, stunning all at the same time....be willing to let you have it! click on my TR signature to take a look. It is wonderful, but I will really never get to wear it again.

cheryl

Awwww thank you!!!! That is very kind of you!!! Sadly I don't think a wedding dress size 12 will fit me. In "real life" I'm a 12, but then I remembered how wedding dresses run...sooo small. So I decided to try on my original wedding dress, also a 12 (prob about a size 8 at that time). Well let me just say this, at the back where it zips, at my mid back area (strapless dress) where the zipper should stop, there was about ummm lets just say like 8 inches where it was gapping. So I suppose I'm not about to fit into any size 12. So I've gotta go to a bridal store to get some sizing ideas.

But thank you sooo very much for the offer, that is really very sweet of you! And your dress is quite beautiful!!!

Awwww thank you!!!! That is very kind of you!!! Sadly I don't think a wedding dress size 12 will fit me. In "real life" I'm a 12, but then I remembered how wedding dresses run...sooo small. So I decided to try on my original wedding dress, also a 12 (prob about a size 8 at that time). Well let me just say this, at the back where it zips, at my mid back area (strapless dress) where the zipper should stop, there was about ummm lets just say like 8 inches where it was gapping. So I suppose I'm not about to fit into any size 12. So I've gotta go to a bridal store to get some sizing ideas.

But thank you sooo very much for the offer, that is really very sweet of you! And your dress is quite beautiful!!!

ohhh, you're welcome. I did the same thing....thought I could fit in my original dress....NOT!!!! I actually went to David's Bridals, not really planning to buy an actual gown, and ended up getting that one on the $99 sale. cost more to have it altered! :lmao:

cheryl

We are sailing on the Magic Feb13th, less than 30days.....is it remotely possible to plan a VR this close??? :confused3

I am sure it is possible! Just give them a call! There is so little to plan you have plenty of time as long as there isn't already 3 weddings/VR on your cruise!!

get on the wonder tomorrow and have mine and sara's service ondeck on the 18th. very excited and going to bed at the caribbean resort now:)

I spoke with Shanda this week! She is very nice and seemed eager to answer my questions.

Thats good to know.:goodvibes I have only contacted her via email and she replied straight away. Glad to hear she is nice to talk to too.:thumbsup2

get on the wonder tomorrow and have mine and sara's service ondeck on the 18th. very excited and going to bed at the caribbean resort now:)

How exciting!:cool1: Hope you have a wonderful time.:lovestruc

I am in the beginning stages of planning my vow renewal for 2010. Right now I am penciled in at the Wedding Pavillion for December 20, 2010 but I am thinking that I would like to look into the options with DCL. If someone could please give me the run down, I think I am getting mixed up by reading some of the older posts. I would like to know the cost of the VR both for CC and Onboard, I would also like to know what the cost of the extra photography is. I will only need extra floral for my son and daughter, I was planning on an extra boutoniere and a flower wand, everything else seems like it is adequate but I would like to make some changes to the cake. If someone could please let me know an estimate figure for something like this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Shea

IIRC, $3500 for castaway cay, $2500 for onboard. I was quoted $50 for the rose wand. As for changes to the cake......I was told ABSOLUTELY not! you have the choice of the round cake or square cake and no color or additional floral will be added. I brought my own cake topper as i HATED that cake!

Thats good to know.:goodvibes I have only contacted her via email and she replied straight away. Glad to hear she is nice to talk to too.:thumbsup2

Hi there. I still thought it was Brianna too. That might have been a good thing to know:rotfl2:. I have only been talking to Brianna through email since my jobs hours are so difficult to be able to call DFTW. could you possibly PM me Shanda's email address? I would greatly appreciate it? princess::flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter