• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies! I thought that I would sneak on here for a few minutes while I am supposed to be doing my homework.

Seeing my Grandmother so ill has been really tough, so I thought that this would be fun.

I did get a bunch of responses from Brie today. I thought that I would share them with you guys. I saw that you had some of them on another thread. But here is what she wrote me. It is very similar to what she wrote Jennifer? maybe?

Ok this is lengthy- but here's my email to her:

I am trying to find some ways to save a little money with the ceremony decor for our VR. I was wondering if we are allowed to use silk or freeze dried rose petals for the aisle if we bring them with us. Are there any restrictions on this? Also, what about water soluable biodegradable confetti?

And - if I bring a few items to put out on the cake table will the planner on the ship be able to put it out? I don't know if I should bring anything along. Also, I was told that they would be able to provide the bunting or swags to go inbetween the bows like they had in the past. I just had a friend get married recently, and there was no bunting. Is it long gone?

Thanks so much!

Her response:
The ship has request that we only allow flower petals for aisle. We will allow for eco-friendly/biodegradable freeze dried rose petals; our florist does not carry them, so you will need to provide them on your own. We are not able to allow silk petals in outdoor venues, as it is a wildlife safety concern.
Please keep in mind when decorating an outdoor aisle with petals, there is always the possibility of wind which may scatter the placement of the petals. We can certain place the petals, just are unable to guarantee they will stay in the same place :)

What items were you planning to bring for the Cake Table?

We do decorate Deck 7 Aft with bows. Through experience we found the wind on Deck 7 can present a challenge with swaging. Since we don't know which days will be windy, or not, to ensure the best experience, we recommend just decorating with the bows.

The only main change that has occurred lately is regarding the cake. The ship has asked that no requests be made regarding changing the decor or color of the cake. The Chef's that create the wedding cakes also provide the pastries/desserts for all other events and dining's that occur onboard. They follow a strict schedule, and to change a design that they are familiar with, may take more production time; This could possibly have a negative effect on the end result of the cake (as we would not want them to rush through creating your cake). This change has occurred to ensure that you, the guest, receives the best quality possible.

There has recently been some discussions, as you have seen online, regarding fresh floral on the cake. After discussions with the cruise line, we will be allowing the flower cake topper that is included in the 2009 Planning Kit to still be ordered. This is a flower arrangement that will match your bouquet and sit on the top of the cake.

On a side note, we have just received approval to offer the new cake design attached.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Brie

And then my other questions:
Thanks for the response. I do have another question. Will they be able to make this cake in a square? I have chosen the square one now and I really like it. I may just stick with that one. But I'll have to compare pictures again.

As for the cake table, I have just a couple of figurines to put on it.

And her response again:
I have sent your request to the ship and will let you know when I receive a response.

Regarding the figurines for the Cake Table, the ship has responded that any items brought personally by the Bride and Groom, will need to be given to the Onboard Manager just prior to the Wedding. They will not be able to receive and store the items prior to the event.

Please let me know if you have any questions ~ I will be in touch again soon!

Thanks for posting, Tanya. I haven't heard from Brie even once. :confused3 Guess I need to try again...

I'm a little disappointed about her response to you about the cake. I am not wanting anything fancy, but I definitely liked Betsy's cake with the sprinkle of color to it... sigh. On the one hand, fresh floral on the cake would be beautiful. But on the other hand... I frankly had wanted a Minnie and Mickey topper for our first wedding! But gave in and used MILs cake topper from her wedding. I think this time I want the Mickey topper for sure! Do you think I can have both? I.E., have fresh floral scattered around the base of the cake? Has anyone done that?

Can you forward me the "new cake design" Brie sent? I have been leaning toward the square cake all along, and am curious what the new cake is.

I'm sending you my +++ thoughts for your grandmother. I lost my grandma last year at 83... it was her time, but still I miss her every single day.

Christine

Hey ladies! I thought that I would sneak on here for a few minutes while I am supposed to be doing my homework.

Seeing my Grandmother so ill has been really tough, so I thought that this would be fun.

The only main change that has occurred lately is regarding the cake. The ship has asked that no requests be made regarding changing the decor or color of the cake.

On a side note, we have just received approval to offer the new cake design attached.

I hope your teacher isn't on this board!!! Ohhh I hope your Grandmother gets better.:hug:. Alot of people have been sick lately, what's up with that.

Darn that you can't change the color now. I'm not going to stress about it because it just isn't worth it. Just keep it simple is all I have to repeat to myself. I was going to pick the square cake also. It is so different and pretty. I'm excited to see this new cake.

Silly question for all the past brides:worship:.. After the bride and groom cake smash/taste do the servers cut up the rest of the cake or do you do it on your own?

Tanya thank you for sharing the info.
Jennifer

yes..after our cake feeding, the team took the cake back to the kitchen (it was melting under the lights) and cut it up and served to to everyone ...with Palo chocolate and vanilla sauce!! YUMMY!

Since there is only going to be 6 of us (DF and I included)...what will happen with the rest of the cake...can we take it back to our cabin to eat throughout the cruise.

Tanya

here is the new cake.

ContemporaryCake1.jpg

I hate white leaves! Seriously...can that look any more plain?!?!?!

They will box it for you..they actually kept ours in the fridge and brought it out the next night for dessert..we ended up giving the cake leftovers to our waiters because you can't take it off the ship with you...Our waiters said they were excited to take it down to the break room and have a wedding party..haha
jq2vl2.jpg

yes..after our cake feeding, the team took the cake back to the kitchen (it was melting under the lights) and cut it up and served to to everyone ...with Palo chocolate and vanilla sauce!! YUMMY!

Ohh chocolate & vanilla sauce. Is that something you requested? Sounds delicious. I think I need to eat some breakfast because my tummy is grumbly now.

here is the new cake.

ContemporaryCake1.jpg

I hate white leaves! Seriously...can that look any more plain?!?!?!

Ok I thought that I was excited not so much anymore. I think that I will stick to the original square one. What's your thoughts Tanya?

Yes..I had Palo's chocolate and vanilla sauce to drizzle over the cake..so it was almond flavored with the chocolate..yum!!
I think you can see them here
oasozd.jpg

We have the Chocolate and Vanilla Sauces too. I think it stinks you can not make changes to the cake. I HATE White leaves. I also hated that my cake was on a gold tray...I know it's a small detail, but I hated it.

I requested the same style and look cake as Betsy and this is what I got....not even close!

3060827358_b9c2d3e345.jpg

I thought it was pretty though (Accept for the white leaves). It tased amazing and my guests still talk about it!

The staff cut up the cake and since we had a differant flavor for the top layer and the bottom layer they cut up both. We gave the leftover to the staff. I was made though cause I never got a full piece, just our feeding piece which I did use a fork since I had to wear my dress two more times!

I wonder why it was on a gold tray..mine wasn't..it doesn't even look like it is on anything but the stand

35d8d28.jpg

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am going to be a DCL VR bride in 2011. We have to wait for the cruise dates to come out, we are also waiting because my DH will be in Iraq for 2010. When he comes home we are celebrating 10 years on the cruise. I am so excited for all of you coming up and those who have done it, they were beautiful. I read this thread from start to now over the last week and I am more excited to do my VR then ever, waiting is the hard part huh? LOL.

I noticed the most recent topic was cakes, I don't mind the white one if they put flowers on it but just plain doesn't give it the wedding wow that brides want. I don't expect much on the ship but you would think they would offer a few standard colors for flowers and decor.

:bride:

I actually like the "NEW" cake...I like the fact that it isn't so decorated, if that makes sence. DD said she isn't going to stress over the fact that the color is not an option any more, (even though they had it ok'd allready) I wish they would just leave the flowers and leaves off of the cake totally and just have the little dots on there, I would like that better NO FLOWERS at all.....

I agree with you Belle, I really like the simpleness of the new cake...now, if I knew how to use Photoshop, I'd try to add a Gerber Daisy between layers to see how it looks...

Hi Everyone,

I have really enjoyed reading the 66 pages in this thread. My husband and I are looking to renew our vows next year since it will be our 10 year anniversary. We have always talked about it and we got inspired when we went on the Magic last week. We are currently booked to cruise on the Wonder Sept. 2, 2010 and I am hoping that date will be available. Will let you know...

OK, I'm back. Our VR went wonderfully! Deck 7 AFT is a hot place to be if there is no breeze at the end of May. Keep this in mind when planning your dresses, ladies.

The ceremony was great. The pictures turned out lovely and Jonathan our wedding planner was outstanding.

I'm glad I changed my flowers (thank you Nut for the advice). They seemed to match everyone perfectly even though our clothes didn't "match".

Can you believe I FORGOT to give the girls their glass slippers right after the ceremony? Jonathan wrapped them so well I forgot what they were on the table. They loved them anyway.

I will have a photo album online soon and will post a FULL report.

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading this thread for about 6 months now. My DH and I have just decided that we would like to renew our vows after 15 yrs next year on the Magic whilst it is in Europe! :yay: I have already spoken to Brie provisionally and thought she was very helpful. We have to phone closer to the date to check if they are going to offer VR in Europe and prices :scared1: I am hoping our cruise will offer something. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

I have gained so much information from you all and enjoyed all you beautiful photographs and advice. Thank You all.

I will keep you informed as to the outcome of my phone calls in July / August with Brie.

Piggy

OK, I'm back. Our VR went wonderfully! Deck 7 AFT is a hot place to be if there is no breeze at the end of May. Keep this in mind when planning your dresses, ladies.

The ceremony was great. The pictures turned out lovely and Jonathan our wedding planner was outstanding.

I'm glad I changed my flowers (thank you Nut for the advice). They seemed to match everyone perfectly even though our clothes didn't "match".

Can you believe I FORGOT to give the girls their glass slippers right after the ceremony? Jonathan wrapped them so well I forgot what they were on the table. They loved them anyway.

I will have a photo album online soon and will post a FULL report.

Oh HURRY!!! I want to see!!

I think we really lucked out with the breeze..my sister said that July was so hot and we were crazy, but we had a perfect breeze!

I got some good news..I will be getting another VR video clip in the next few days!!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter