Disney Cruise alone?

simpleohio

Mouseketeer
Single guy here am 37 am debating on going solo on a cruise

I am thinking of the Transatlantic

Would that be odd?

Anyhow I live in Florida, if anyone else is single :) cough cough

I don't think it would be odd. Since you enjoy Disney I'm sure you will find plenty of things to do on the transatlantic. I did the Fantasy 7day practically solo since me and my roommate did different things. I would do it again, it was very relaxing, although for me a transatlantic would be too long on a Disney ship. I would take a Carnival Booze ship instead :cool1:

I have cruised alone several times and have had a fantastic time. I have also met the most amazing people to spend time with while on the ship.

LOL.

I am single so I understand how you feel - you want to do it but meh it might be weird or you'll get lonely.

When were you planning on going?

Odd or not Odd is always the secondary problem.

The primary problem is, do you want to pay for two people even though youre the only one going? Its called the single supplement. NCL Epic, Getaway, and Breakaway have single rooms, and lounges for those people traveling solo. May be a better idea, unless you just want the Disney experience.

Yes I can understand the policy of Disney to charge for double for a single traveler, however, one alternative is to find out if someone you know might be willing to split the cost and go just as a roommate, I know that DCL offers separate beds in some staterooms, you just have to request them. That way you both can enjoy the Disney experience but do it individually. Just a thought, a transatlantic cruise solo would be very pricey indeed.

Indeed, I've been on a few cruises (in general) alone and the best thing about them each time, other than enjoying complimentary champagne at the bar, was the people. Folks tend to be in a very jovial mood when they are on vacation, and it's easy to strike up lots of fascinating conversations. Well worth giving this a shot - enjoy!!

A few hours ago I found out my best friend and travel companion got a job she has been waiting for out of the country. That now means that I will be on the Sept 12 Panama Canal crossing on the Disney Wonder for 14 nights by myself. :(

A few hours ago I found out my best friend and travel companion got a job she has been waiting for out of the country. That now means that I will be on the Sept 12 Panama Canal crossing on the Disney Wonder for 14 nights by myself. :(

Bummer! I hope you still go though. I am sure you will have a blast and will have no trouble meeting others! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter