Disney Cookbook

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I should post this here or not. I am wondering if anyone knows how many "Cooking with Mickey" cookbook's there are. I have seen 3. One from 1986, the current one that says "Volume II" at the bottom and then the last one is the blue and white checkered cover that says, "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chef's." Is there a "Volume I" or is the "Cooking with Mickey" from 1986 actually Volume I? Anyone know where I could find this out, or find a list of all the cookbooks sold at the parks? Any help is greatly appreciated?

I have a copy of Cooking with Mickey around the World copyright 1987 & thought it was considered volume 1. I'm not familiar with the 1986 cookbook.

Those of us with volume one may also get a kick out of this: If you've watched "Bear in the Big Blue House" and specifically the episode where Bear is having friends over for a book-club discussion, check out the book Bear gets accidentally (postal miss-delivery). You'll note the front cover is "1001 Ways to Cook Slop" and the back of the book clearly gives it away as "Cooking With Mickey Around The World." :rotfl:

I have Vol II - I omitted to buy a recipe book in the park, and I was after a stripey one (which I think is cooking around the world) but they sent this one! I didn't bother to change it (its a recipe book, its Mickey and the postage was as much as the book :rolleyes1 ) but I really wantd the other one, which I think was more international recipes (e.g. like in AKL and Epcot). The feel of Vol II seems old to me, but maybe its because of the format (apparently - acccording to Mum - very popular in the 1950s but out of fashion over here now!)

I'd also like a list of books so i can commission my friend to get me one when she goes over - I even tried laughing Place, but they had no books.

JudithM said:
I have a copy of Cooking with Mickey around the World copyright 1987 & thought it was considered volume 1. I'm not familiar with the 1986 cookbook.

I just dug this one up out of storage...LOL

I have this one, DH has vol II, and he bought me the blue and white one...

when I was younger, I was intrigued by the Monorail cocktails...maybe I should try to make them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter