Disney converting hotel rooms into 'princess,' 'health' suites

Is there a picture of the princess rooms? I only saw a picture of the health one in the link.

But but I love POR and want to keep staying there with my family of 5. Honestely I hope they keep rooms for 5 people because I really don't like the value hotel and can't afford to stay deluxe. We hope to continu going back every year to POR.

Princess theme room are cute but I won't be getting one... not even for my princesses. I like to sleep away for the themes hance why I don't like values

I love the idea of the Princess rooms. It's unlikely that we'll ever stay in one, since we already have to use two weeks worth of DVC points every year, but I always thought this was a missed opportunity for WDW. The Pirate rooms hold no appeal to my daughter, and she didn't particularly care for Finding Nemo, but a Princess-themed room is one that she can get behind. For those who don't like them, you don't have to stay there! The decor will be behind closed doors, so you won't even have to know it's there if it truly offends your sensibilities. For example, I didn't protest when those two room categories were created, I simply said "well, I won't plan to stay there."

I'm also one who thinks there should be more Princess-themed attractions at WDW, not fewer. Granted the princesses get a lot of meet and greets and three character meals, but that is far from overkill in my opinion.

I love the idea of the Princess rooms. It's unlikely that we'll ever stay in one, since we already have to use two weeks worth of DVC points every year, but I always thought this was a missed opportunity for WDW. The Pirate rooms hold no appeal to my daughter, and she didn't particularly care for Finding Nemo, but a Princess-themed room is one that she can get behind. For those who don't like them, you don't have to stay there! The decor will be behind closed doors, so you won't even have to know it's there if it truly offends your sensibilities. For example, I didn't protest when those two room categories were created, I simply said "well, I won't plan to stay there."

I'm also one who thinks there should be more Princess-themed attractions at WDW, not fewer. Granted the princesses get a lot of meet and greets and three character meals, but that is far from overkill in my opinion.

I agree with this. There isn't enough Princessy rides and stuff like that. I know the princesses get advertised a lot, but when I see pictures of like Frontier Land and Tomorrow Land it just SCREAMS boys.

The princess rooms just seems like another way to charge more for less. I am sure, as someone posted previously, these rooms are going to be in the building furthest from the main building so Disney needs to find some way to make them more attractive to guests. Between this and the preferred building surcharge, the moderates will hardly seem moderately priced anymore.

It looks like the health/wellness rooms will have more deluxe features then the regular deluxe rooms at Disney. The wood floors and anti-allergen mattress covers will be a draw for people that have severe allergies/asthma since they are easier to clean and maintain. I also think they add a "contemporary" feel to the CR.

it is surprising that it took this long to add Princess (or Girly) special rooms since the addition of the Pirate rooms. I agree with the previous poster, though: the Health rooms are somewhat baffling to me. If it wanted a pricey Spa vacation, I would go to Canyon Ranch, a spa resort. I wouldn't go to the Contemporary...:confused3

Totally agree with you on this.

I think they need to renovate the Poly rooms at all the older buildings such as the Hawaii(concierge) and give them updated features like some of the newer buildings and most importantly give the second floors some balconys, what the heck were they thinking with that lol?

I think the Royal themed rooms look really nice and I don't think it's over-the-top girly or princess-y at all. I had no desire at all to ever stay at POR before this, but after these royal rooms come into play I might have to check them out. I know for me I would never have stayed in a HM themed room and I don't think it would have mass appeal anyway, so I think the royal theme was the way to go for now at least.

As far as the new suites at CR, I'd love to stay there too but I know it's going to be crazy expensive (even more so than suites are in general) so even though it looks nice and very inviting it's not something I could see my family putting money into due to the price not the design. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people who are willing to splurge on those rooms at the CR, the problem is just getting those people to WDW in the first place.

CR Fan, I thought of you when I saw this! What do you think? I kind of like the idea, even though I would probably never stay there.
Well even before this announcement we liked the Atrium Club 12th floor a lot better then the Tower Club because they had a bigger lounge and the design of the rooms. Personally I can't see this idea working with the 14th floor, so I guess we got to see what the results will be.

We are upgrading to CBR this week from POP. My girls have requested a pirate room but not sure I'm willing to pay the extra. I probably will. But for some reason if it was a princess room I would be all over that. :thumbsup2 I guess I know where we will be staying next year.

For those who don't like them, you don't have to stay there! The decor will be behind closed doors, so you won't even have to know it's there if it truly offends your sensibilities.

That's an overly simplistic way of looking at this. POR has a strong following and is a very popular resort. However, there are still a lot of people that never would have stayed there until now...and this thread has several people claiming so. So as a fan of POR, that means more crowds and since I will never stay in a "Royal" room, my pool of available rooms just shrunk.

Now it's not so bad that I am going to throw a hissy fit over it, but if they are adding special rooms to my favorite resort, I would prefer it to be something that my family has an interest in...like HM.

But I do agree with others that this feels less "princessy" than what it's being billed as.

Out of curiosity, I looked to see if they had anything up for the new CR suites in December. Nothing. However, if the price is more than what you pay for other suites there, holy cow!

I like the idea of the princess rooms (though I would have loved HM rooms too!) We had thought that for our trip in November 2012, we might try the new family suites at AoA, but now I'm torn. And if they're adding queen beds, I might be able to convince DH to give POR a try. I just hope some of the princess rooms will accomodate 5, otherwise we'll be stuck with a family suite at AoA or with a deluxe resort, and wont ever get to try them.

I actually like the look of the "spa" rooms. I find them aesthetically pleasing, but that is just my style. I don't really want the spa experience, but I like how they look.

As for the "princess" rooms, they will only be a percentage of all the rooms at POR. Not that huge of a deal. It gives those who would enjoy staying in such a room a way to do so. It is just another option.

The royal rooms are definitely not too "princessy" and feminine. Actually, I think they're quite masculine with the blue, red, and gold theme.
Question: How many rooms are in the Magnolia Bend section? The blog said 512 of the rooms will be changed to this so I was wondering how many are going to keep the regular theming.
And as far as I know, the AB section of POR is not getting a refurb, just MB. Therefore, I think there will still be 5 people to a room in AB.

I'm just kind of heartbroken that the Princess rooms are going to be a reality and not the Haunted Mansion ones:sad2: Those would have been so much cooler.

Yeah what happened to the idea of the Haunted Mansion rooms?
I took the survey and said I loved them and from what I have read, many others also loved the idea.

Question: How many rooms are in the Magnolia Bend section? The blog said 512 of the rooms will be changed to this so I was wondering how many are going to keep the regular theming.
And as far as I know, the AB section of POR is not getting a refurb, just MB. Therefore, I think there will still be 5 people to a room in AB.

There are 2048 rooms in POR split evenly between AB and MB. Each mansion has 256 rooms, so if it's only in MB, that would be exactly 2 mansions. To clarify, all of POR is getting a refurb. A rumored refurb schedule for the mansions has been leaked, but AB is still planned...we just haven't had that schedule leaked yet.

If you have a 6ft+ DH and usually end up with a child or two in your bed at some point in the night, it's a huge deal! I hate being crowded when I'm trying to sleep, I'm not a cuddler. We have a king bed at home. We're staying at CBR in Sept which has doubles, and I've already told DH that he gets a bed with our 4 yo and I get one with the 2 yo, that way we don't end up with all 4 of us in a double!

Gotcha!! :thumbsup2 I'll definitely keep it in mind when I travel with more people. Thanks! :)

1) The internal rumor is the elimination of 5-people rooms at POR.
2) Since they have family suites at AoA, they can charge more for POR rooms.
3) Especially for the princess rooms.

hoping that STAYS a rumor

Too bad. This will likely price us out. Although with our oldest being 16 and our youngest 9, we were getting to that point anyway. I know that the family suites are an option, but I have become real spoiled by a moderate. I love the landscaping, boat to DTD, food court and pool/hot tub at POR. When we can't stay there (probably by next year anyway), I will be considering other destinations. A little bit of luxury has become a must for me.

us, too. With our family of 5, we can't afford deluxe, but much prefer the grounds/themes of the mods over values. If POR were to no longer able to accommodate us, the only option we'd probably use would be Dolphin. First trip to Universal this year with their on-site resorts, and I'm thinking we might get spoiled enough to spend more time over there. :guilty:

(and what would tick me off is that it would be a money issue, not a fire safety issue)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter