Disney connected hotels in Vancouver

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Any recommendations? Pros or cons??
Please--just Disney affiliated hotels--not interested in any others!

We stayed in the Fairmont Waterfront, across the street from the port terminal. Since we drove to the hotel from Oregon, we did not have DCL plan our hotel/transfers. However, it is one that DCL uses, with their desk in the lobby. Since the distance from the hotel to the Wonder check-in is so short, we did it all ourselves with no problem. If you have DCL do all your travel details, they will take your check-in bags from the hotel to the terminal for you and you won't see them until they arrive outside your stateroom door. It helped to scope out the terminal the night before as there might be more than one ships in port the day you leave...look for the big white Mickey hands for the correct station to check in your luggage and yourself. The hotel is also close to the train and shuttles to the airport. We did not have time, but there are a lot of great places to see and eat in Vancouver, if you arrive a couple of days early. Alaska is awesome!!

Looking at this link... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/

I don't see any accommodations affiliated with Disney.

That's because you're linking Disney World. You can see the three Disney affiliated hotels in Vancouver here :) https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ports/vancouver-british-columbia-canada/

Last time we did Alaska we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront. It was an amazing location and we were happy with it. This time we're choosing to stay at the Pan Pacific just for the view.

Of the three properties Disney offers - I like the Fairmont Waterfront the best. Directly across the street from the port. Very easy to get to the ship. If you arriving with time to sight-see the day before, the tour buses for the Hop On Hop Off, Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain stop next to the hotel at Canada Place.

Thanks for the tip. I decided to upgrade our one night accomodations from "quaint but dated" to the Fairmont Waterfront for the convenience and comfort.

Do you know if we wil be able to check our luggage for the cruise in at the hotel if we didn't use DCL for the booking? It won't be much if a hassle to walk our luggage over ourselves...but I'd like the convenience if it is available.

Do you know if we wil be able to check our luggage for the cruise in at the hotel if we didn't use DCL for the booking? It won't be much if a hassle to walk our luggage over ourselves...but I'd like the convenience if it is available.

Unless something has changed, the only way DCL will transfer your luggage is if you pay for Disney transfers. We did this on our cruise from Alaska (we just were at a place where we did not want to deal with anything and letting Disney handle it was easier) and wondered how it would work since there is no driving. On cruise day they picked up our bags from inside our rooms around 10am, and then we met our transfer group off the lobby of the Fairmount Waterfront in a hallway that had been designated to use. DCL staff then walked us all through "back door" access to the terminal. It was easy, simple and nice to not deal with our bags until we saw them at our room. But it wasn't really necessary since the terminal is literally next door.

Maybe someone else knows, but I also remember that you could just pay the hotel a small fee and they would handle taking your bags over to the cruise terminal for you. It wasn't through Disney, but since they do this ALL the time, it seems like it would be reliable.

That's because you're linking Disney World. You can see the three Disney affiliated hotels in Vancouver here :) https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ports/vancouver-british-columbia-canada/

Last time we did Alaska we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront. It was an amazing location and we were happy with it. This time we're choosing to stay at the Pan Pacific just for the view.
Thanks for the link clarification...
Love the Pan Pacific as I got to sleep above the cruise ship terminal.

Thanks for the information guys!! Fairmont Waterfront looks good!! Since getting to and from Vancouver does not seem to be easy with time differences, flight times, plane transfers etc, looks like we will have one night before the cruise and one night after....it was easier to get to and from Barcelona than it looks to be getting to and from Vancouver!!!!

If you’re east coast, no doubt that’s true!! We can’t fly from Vancouver to Miami without a layover, so it makes for an 8-9 hour flight at least. Hope you’ll enjoy your stay in Vancouver!

The Fairmont Waterfront is a wonderful hotel. We loved it. We booked direct so that we could guarantee a specific room type. We had a great view of the port and got to watch the Wonder sail in and dock the morning of embarkation.

Another vote for Fairmont Waterfront-great service and beautiful pool/hot tub area. We walked down to the Cactus Club for a great dinner and looked around Canada Place/ Flight over Canada. The Bellhops made sure our luggage was collected for the cruise, and we booked directly with Fairmont.

Thanks for the link clarification...
Love the Pan Pacific as I got to sleep above the cruise ship terminal.

Xlxo, you are super knowledgeable and helpful with Vancouver info and that is so appreciated!
I have to say though, I disagree that the Pinnacle Marriott is a budget traveller hotel. It is a full service Marriott that is very nice and runs well over $400ish per night in the summer.
While it is not the waterfront location and upscale hotel that the Fairmont is, everything else about it was above average. It even has some beautiful views of Coal Harbor.
It's location to so many of the Vancouver sights is awesome, and very walkable.
The distance to the port is fine too. We walked schlepping all of our luggage and it was fine.
And also, if anyone is a Marriott (whatever it is now, lol) member, the access to the concierge lounge was fantastic.
I just wanted to put a plug in for it as we had a really good experience here pre-cruise and would recommend it.
:)

Last time we flew into Seattle the day before. We did stay overnight in Vancouver but a couple of miles from the port. We rented a car in SEA-TAC and dropped it off at the cruise terminal.

On the way back, we picked up a car at the terminal and drove to SEA-TAC for a red-eye flight to the east coast. Hotel and both rentals were half the rate of the hotels at the port. Flights to Seattle were half than to Vancouver too.

I have to say though, I disagree that the Pinnacle Marriott is a budget traveller hotel. It is a full service Marriott that is very nice and runs well over $400ish per night in the summer.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant it was the more affordable option over the Fairmont properties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter