DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

Aw I bet it was hard to say goodbye. But I have a feeling that with that newly minted Annual Pass, Mom will be back in no time. :goodvibes

Great job getting the Casting Agency photo. A must do for all new CM's. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, So Gaston remembered your name. I have a feeling that will happen more and more often now that you live there.

Awesome report so far! I love reading peoples DCP reports. I am so jealous and sad that I never did that when I was in college. I will be staying at All-Star Sports the first week of March with a few of my friends so my I will see you working!

Love the pictures of the FoF parade! Really enjoying reading about your journey, thanks for sharing. :):goodvibes

Aw I bet it was hard to say goodbye. But I have a feeling that with that newly minted Annual Pass, Mom will be back in no time. :goodvibes

Great job getting the Casting Agency photo. A must do for all new CM's. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, So Gaston remembered your name. I have a feeling that will happen more and more often now that you live there.

I definitely got to get a picture in front of the Casting door, but I was alone that day! Ah, yes, Gaston!!! :lovestruc

oh that food looks sooooo good only 2 weeks until I get to enjoy some Disney deliciousness too

Yay for Disney food!

Awesome report so far! I love reading peoples DCP reports. I am so jealous and sad that I never did that when I was in college. I will be staying at All-Star Sports the first week of March with a few of my friends so my I will see you working!

Thank you! Oh my gosh yes! Look for me! If you see me come say hi!!

Love the pictures of the FoF parade! Really enjoying reading about your journey, thanks for sharing. :):goodvibes

Thank you for reading!!!

** Today is Mom's birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! **

Traditions - Thursday January 15th, 2015

It’s the day we've all been waiting for! TRADITIONS DAY!! Eeeep! My roommate Zoe and I didn't have Traditions until the afternoon session. I woke up extremely early for absolutely no reason, so I set up the wifi and wrote a ton of updates!

Traditions started at 2:30 so the busses were picking us up at 1:30. We started getting ready around 12:30 and made sure we had everything we needed then at about 1:15 we drove over to the bus stop. The busses were just pulling up when we got there. We hopped on a bus, then we were on our way a little after 1:30.

We got to Disney University and went inside where we were divided into our different classrooms! Sadly Zoe and I weren't together.

Traditions was both extremely interesting and slightly boring all at the same time. As much as it did stink to sit in a class room for hours and just hear the same things over and over again when you just wanted to be out and starting your job and working with guests and making magic, it was still very heart warming and amazing to see and learn more about the company you’re going to be working for. And pretty much anytime I see anything having to do with Walt I like want to burst out in tears because I'll never be over his death, like it's still too soon... even though it was decades before I was even alive.

I don't want to say much about Traditions because I don't want to spoil the experience for anyone who's going to also go through it! But these are some of the pictures I took!

I did have a lot of fun with the people I was sitting with and made some new friends. Also when we were walking around as a class we had to go up a flight of stairs and my shoes were a little too big and as I was going up the stairs one fell off, and I was like "Oh no my shoe fell off!!! I'm Cinderella! Ah!" Someone kindly picked it up for me as we were walking up the stairs pretty fast, but everyone laughed and it was a funny moment.

After Traditions we took the bus back to the apartment and just hung around there and talked with all the girls. And it was a pretty low key night, I was the only one that didn't have anything to do the next day so it's gonna be a fun park day for me!

Continued in Next Post!

Last edited:

I have to admit Grace. While I know it's going to get much busier, I've been so impressed with your ability to update so much so far. Kudos!!!

Honestly, I think I'd like to do DCP (or just flat out work for Disney) JUST so I could go to Traditions. I mean, where else do you take pictures going to school?

"I’ll never be over his death, like it’s still too soon… even though it was decades before I was even alive." I so love that!!!

Ugh. One goal I have in life is to have an official Disney CM Name Tag and I am so serious about that. Congratulations!!!!

I'm sure it was sad saying goodbye to your mom :(

I love that you went to AK just to ride Everest!

Love your parade photos. Funny seeing Donald, Daisy and Pluto walking instead of on the float!

Yay for your name tag!!

* I love documentaries (what I’m in school for) and I have watched pretty much every documentary I can find that has anything even slightly to do with the amazing Walt Disney and his magical lands.

[
[/COLOR][/SIZE]​

I'd love to hear some of your favorite documentaries related to Walt Disney or the parks!

So exciting! I want to do the College Program so much, so I'm living vicariously through others!

Hi!! Oh my gosh yay! Are you in high school or in college now? You should absolutely apply whenever you can!

Great first and second "big girl" days!

Woooo love big girl days!

I have to admit Grace. While I know it's going to get much busier, I've been so impressed with your ability to update so much so far. Kudos!!!

Honestly, I think I'd like to do DCP (or just flat out work for Disney) JUST so I could go to Traditions. I mean, where else do you take pictures going to school?

"I’ll never be over his death, like it’s still too soon… even though it was decades before I was even alive." I so love that!!!

Ugh. One goal I have in life is to have an official Disney CM Name Tag and I am so serious about that. Congratulations!!!!

Thanks! Haha I kind of fell of the face of the planet the last few days but I've had a lot of training! You shoulldd absolutely be a CM! AHHH! DOOOO ITTTT!!

I'm sure it was sad saying goodbye to your mom :(

I love that you went to AK just to ride Everest!

Love your parade photos. Funny seeing Donald, Daisy and Pluto walking instead of on the float!

Yay for your name tag!!

Saying goodbye was roughhhh! I'd never seen them on their float, well still haven't I was really shocked when I saw a picture of them on a float the other day! YAY for nametags!

I'd love to hear some of your favorite documentaries related to Walt Disney or the parks!

My favorite right now isn't necessarily about Walt but it's The Boys: The Story of the Sherman brothers! PHENOMINAL! Also even though it's really not like a documentary per say, the One Man's Dream video is amazing also! I also really enjoyed Inside Pixar which used to be on Netflix!

Love reading your posts. So much fun to watch how much fun you are having while at disney working :)

Wow! I just found your report and I can't wait to read more. You are going to bring back memories of when I did the CP Program. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Magic Kingdom Day – Friday January 16th, 2015 (Part 1)

I slept in a bit, got showered, and started getting ready. I hung around the apartment until about 1, all of my roommates had Traditions or had other things Disney meetings, except for one who was waiting on a call from Disney about when her Traditions class would be. They finally called and she had to leave so I head out to Magic Kingdom.

** I forgot this picture but I love it so I'm adding it!**

I ran into my friend Peter who was handing out maps!

When I got there I headed over to the FP+ kiosk and picked a fastpass for the Winnie the Pooh ride!

I took a spin through the hundred acre woods, then I walked around for a little bit, and got shave ice in Fantasyland, then headed over to get in line for Gaston.

He told me I look beautiful, so yeah.

After meeting Gaston I headed over to do the Country Bear Show! (Yes Rob I finally did this!) The lines were extremely long and the whole park was extremely packed, soo many people in the Magic Kingdom today!

I met up with two of my roommates, Laura and Alexis, when I was done with the Country Bears. We went back towards Fantasyland, we met Ariel, we rode the tea cups, rode the Peoplemover, rode the Carousel of Progress and got a little stuck. We also did the laugh floor and Philharmagic. Not quite sure about the order of all this, but no biggie.

Ariel was so cute! She asked what kinds of thingamabobs I had in my bag so her and I took a peek.

Laura has a backpack that she’s having all the characters sign! It’s such a great idea cause it’s a better keepsake than an autograph book in my opinion!

After spending some time in Tomorrowland, our other roommate Zoe and Kaylee, as well as Kaylee’s friend Andrew, were in the parks as well so we met up with them. We headed over to meet Minnie and Daisy. These were Zoe’s very first character meets everrrr! And soon after her very first ride!

After meeting Daisy and Minnie, we headed over to Dumbo for Zoe’s very first ride in Walt Disney World.

After Dumbo we rode the Teacups, again! I don’t think I’'ve ever rode the Teacups twice in one trip, let alone twice in one day. So that was fun. We stuck four of us in one cup which was… well very squished!

After the teacups we met up with our other roommate Mary, and then the whole gang was there. We headed over to Main Street to watch the fireworks. It was a first time for a Zoe.

Walt!

After Celebrate the Magic, Zoe was really excited and pumped for Wishes to start.

Last edited:
Magic Kingdom Day - Friday January 16th, 2015 (Part 2)

After Wishes we decided to meet some princess friends! Elsa and Anna first, then Cindy and Punzie. A great time is always had with the princesses.

Rapunzel was amazingggg, we all chatted with her. She asked what kingdom we were from, Andrew said Vista, (even though none of us live in Vista) and she said, "Oh I've spend a lot of time in that kingdom!" It was so funny!

After the princesses we decided it was time to head out. We were walking underneath the castle when we realized they were doing the kiss goodnight so we ran to the front door and watched from up there. It was the first kiss goodnight for all of us.

We did some pictures on Main Street. It was loads of fun.

We headed out and called it a night.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Haha, wow, getting a compliment out of Gaston is a huge accomplishment... at least one that isn't about himself. :lmao:

COUNTRY BEARS!!!!!!!! :yay: :dance3: I'm glad you didn't waste any time in finally doing this. That's awesome!!!!!

And then Ariel. Perfect day. It must have been a chilly one though since she's wearing her skin shirt.

First ride is Dumbo? I flat out love that. That honestly is perfect!

And finishing off with The Kiss Goodnight. Perfect day indeed. So nice that you're getting along so well with the roomies. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter