DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

Great report so far and am happy for you dping the DCP. My 9 yr old DD wants to do it! We will be at the parks in Feb and hope we get the chance to meet you!

Congratulations on getting into the college program! I love your trip report and can't wait to follow along. I'll be headed to the world in 3 weeks to help my DD20 check in for the college program. She's assigned to quick service food and beverage. Then my dd21 is a cast member at Belle's. She has been living and working there since July and loves it. I hope your 1st week is going great!

Thank you so much! Thank you! That's so exciting! Maybe I'll meet your daughters in my travels! Thank you!

Looks like you're having a lot of fun before check-in day! That's so awesome you got to meet Dustin and Pete! Love listening to the DISUnplugged! I've talked with a few over twitter and they definitely seem like a very friendly bunch. So glad you liked Festival of Fantasy, it's basically my new favorite thing in Disney. :mickeyjum

Best of luck with check-in day! :goodvibes

Thank you! I am having so much fun! I love FoF!

That's so great that you got the Welcome to Florida photo. It kinda feels necessary. And the Welcome Center apparently is like Club Cool with Orange Juice.

Ahhhh. Two weeks and I get to see that beautiful POP sign again. It's been far too long.

"TV for Stacying!" :love:

Wow, just arrived and first DISmeet already. How lovely to run into Julie like that. And double WOW, Dustin and especially Pete are pretty much the ultimate DISmeet.

Gee Whiz Grace, everything just seems to be falling so into place. A picture with Mayor Weaver as you get ready to start DCP. How perfect.

Honestly, this to me was just a perfect first full Disney day to kick off your DCP journey. Wishes needed to be part of that since as you know, Wishes is the best thing on the planet. And finishing off the night chatting with your new boss... yeah... perfect. :goodvibes

Yay for almost being in Disney!!! It's been a great start to my program!

7 updates....they were all great.

Thank you!

Good luck and enjoy every minute of the College Program. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Thank you!!

Hi there! I am really enjoying your TR! I am very excited for you to start your program. I did the college program about a million years ago (ok, 10 years) in the fall of 2005. I worked quick service food & beverage at MK. It was truly one of the best experiences I ever had - and I made friends that I still keep in touch with to this day! I'm sure you are going to have an amazing time :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about it!

Thank you so much! That's so exciting I'm really excited about my program!

I just found your trip report. I look forward to reading more about your adventures in then CP.
Liz

Thanks for joining!

Yay for a lot of new updates :)

You met sooo many characters in one day! Awesome!
That Gaston meet.... :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more!!

&& don't worry.. I was nervous the first few days after I moved in! I ended up having a great first week!! It will all start to seem normal after your assessment and you start working!

I love Gaston meets! I'm really enjoying it now, still a little nervous for orientation and training but still!

Those kolaches look yum!

Yay for making it to Disney!!

Love your photos of Wishes from the Poly.

Love all yor pics on Main Street :)

You met so many characters, awesome!

Sounds like a great MK day, you guys did a lot and got to see Wishes & MSEP!!

They were sooo good! Yay for Disney! I had a great time!

Loving your trip report so far! It's definitely helping to make the next couple weeks fly by.

Thank you so much!

Great report so far and am happy for you dping the DCP. My 9 yr old DD wants to do it! We will be at the parks in Feb and hope we get the chance to meet you!

Thanks! That's awesome! Yes I hope to see you!!

Marathon Day - Sunday January 11th, 2015 (Part 1)

We got up at a reasonable hour and got ready then headed out to the parks, we had morning fastpasses for EPCOT so we were headed their first. It was a little chilly this morning, but not too bad.

Our first FP+ was for 11:10 at Meet the Characters and we got their about 9 I’d say, but we saw the marathon coming through so we just stood and cheered for them for a while, like 2 hours… A girl from my hometown was running the race and we were trying to scope her out! Word to the wise: get the tracking number of the people you’re watching in the race rather than just knowing what they’re wearing!

I love running, probably just because I am a runner, but I had so much fun just cheering people on and seeing everyone costume and I got super emotional like 7 times when people would stop running to see their family and kiss their spouse and children and uh! It was just perfect, and beautiful, and magical, and wow. And like kids who would get SO excited when their parents would run by! That’s magic people. That right there. Magic.

Anywayyyy, here are some lovely pictures of people running.

Me going to pick up a water bottle someone dropped so nobody else tripped on it

Kristoff running… IN SANDALS! Like this dude ran 26.2 miles in SANDALS. Wow.

It started raining and it was cold so Mom went and bought ponchos.. yup we bought them. We’re losers. Then once my friend ran by we scurried along over to Soarin’ for our FP+ there. Then we grabbed lunch at Sunshine Seasons and I guess I was too hungry to take a picture of it, but we had Mongolian beef and it was good, I liked, I didn’t love it, but I did like it.

After eating we headed to World Showcase, watching and cheering on the runners along the way. We stopped in Mexico and rode the Grand Fiesta Tour, then we continued on and got Fish and Chips to share in the UK. Also good, there were a lot of runners around at this time as most had finished the marathon by now, and we chatted with quite a few of them, congratulating them and asking how it went.

After our snack we headed out of EPCOT via the International Gateway and walked down the boardwalk to Hollywood Studios. My feet were killing me so I took of my sneakers and walked it barefoot, people looked at me like I was crazy.

Continued in Next Post

Marathon Day - Sunday January 11th, 2015 (Part 2)

Last photo op with the hat!

It was starting to get hot in the sun at this point, so on our way to destination number one we stopped for some Mickey shaped ice cream.

Then it was time to meet some superheroes!

I ADORE Honey, she’s fantastic and I want her hair!

While we were waiting for Hiro and Baymax to come back out we were sitting on the ground in line and started talking to a woman behind us who did the Dopey challenge, we talked about running for a while and she asked if I had done any events this weekend, I told her no but I was doing one in February and she was so sweet and kind and she even added me on Facebook and added me to a group she has of people who do the races and they talk about training and just chat about running! She was so kind we really enjoyed chatting with her.

We got to the front of the line and said our goodbyes, but then I said hello to some other peeps.

Hiro was sweet, Baymax was sweeter.

Gotta love Baymax hugs!

We didn’t really have anything else to do so we wandered a bit and found ourselves strolling down Sunset Boulevard.

We decided to hop in line for ToT because there was barely a wait and we still had some time to kill before our Fantasmic FP (which *spoiler alert* did absolutely nothing). The group that we rode with oh my lord, tooo funny! This ride picture is hysterical.

Wow. Best part is, I was like “wow, that’s a great ride photo.” And mom didn’t even notice that they were all holding like guitars and had sunglasses

I hadn’t seen Fantasmic in a really super duper long time. There was some pre-show entertainment as in three CMs who were actually hysterical and part of the “Disney’s Hollywood Studios film crew”. They had been scattered around the park all day doing different silly things, we saw them a couple times. For the preshow they had us do “Finish that song” and trivia, it was hilarious.

It was a lovely show, minus the ‘it was cold and the mist didn’t feel as good as it does on hot summer nights’ part. We scurried out of the park along with everyone else.

We hopped in line for and Art of Animation bus and headed that way to get some dinner. We both had Make-Your-Own Pasta bowls. I got spaghetti with shrimp and pesto and some mixed veggies. I devoured this I was so hungry, and it was so delicious.

After food we walked back to our room and went to sleep. BIG morning! DCP check-in! EEP!!

Continued in Next Post

It’s Really Happening - Monday January 12th, 2015

This is a very picture scarce day so I apologize in advance. Okay so it’s happening. I woke up about 6:45 and started getting ready. I showered and got dressed, and we were making sure we had all our paper work and things before we left at about 7:30.

We got to the car and realized we didn’t have the papers. I thought Mom grabbed them, she thought I was taking them… It was a big miscommunication. So we got to Vista Way at about 7:45 and my check in time wasn’t until 9 but we wanted to be early so I could get in line early. The guard told us they were still doing 8-9 so we went to Dunkin Donuts and came back. At about 8:30/8:40 ish we pulled up again and he let us in, so mom dropped me off and I got in line. I was given a little name tag and my DCP bible.

The first line we waited in was to find out where we were working. The line was split alphabetically A-L, M-Z. It turns out there’s a lot less A-L’s than there are M-Z’s cause we were just waiting and waiting and waiting while there line was so small.

In line I chatted with a girl named Lauren, she was nice, we just talked about the process and what departments we were in. She told me that originally she was Merchandise but her school wasn’t going to accept it for credit for her major (hospitality) so she had to call and asked to be switched to quick service food and beverage or front desk (because her school would accept those) and she got switched to QSFB. I thought this was really interesting because they make it very well said that once you get your job you can’t switch so when my department chair pretty much told me like he wouldn’t accept merchandise but he would accept PhotoPass I wish I thought it would’ve been possible to call and ask but I didn’t bother because they say they won’t switch you.

SO Future DCPers, maybe that could be useful to you all when trying to receive credits!

We got the tables where they tell you your job. I am working in All Star Sports at the gift shop! So if anyone is staying there come say hi!

After you find out your job you hop in another line to find out where you’re living. I got Chatham Square, a two bedroom-six person apartment, so we had two triples.

Then I got in a line to get my housing ID, you have to take your picture here too. So if you’re someone who cares about what your IDs look like know that you take your picture on check in day. Personally I don’t care so I wasn’t too bummed about not having done my hair or make up or anything.

Next we got in another line that had our times for Casting, Housing meeting, Alcohol and Drug test if you need to take it, Language test if you needed to take it.

Then another line where we were then brought to a table in a small group and someone explain all of the things on the paper that had the times of certain meetings. He explained business and business casual, made sure we knew to bring our papers with us pretty much everywhere and just made sure we understood what was going on.

Then we got in another line (yes I know so many lines) and groups of us were brought over to different stations where they talked about education, then safety (SafeD), then a health service that was near by, then Housing events. Then if we had casting (which I did) we got on a bus that took us to the Casting building. On the bus ride over one of the housing people did trivia and was giving out pins, I wanted on very badly, but she just wouldn’t call on me and the girl I was sitting with, we were in the front row.

Once we got to Casting it was even more of a waiting game, we got more info about our work locations and when we had traditions and training. We had to do I-9s but it took a while because as one person went in and their paperwork was being looked at by one CM another was talking to them about their schedule and further explaining it to them and they answered any questions. Then you did fingerprinting and a couple other little things then you were on your way. Mom came and picked me up, because I was really anxious about getting to the apartment and didn’t want to wait for the bus, she was waiting when I got outside.

Mom’s day had entailed of the family and friends portion of check in.

She went on a tour of Vista and they explained all the aspects of the program and the rules of housing to them.

We drove over to Chatham and made our way over to my building and then up to the apartment, one of my roommates was there already and one other had been there. I started bringing my stuff in and getting settled.

Then we went to Target to get some food and other things I needed. We got stranded there when it started torrentially down pouring and neither of us wanted to go outside. The wind was whipping the rain everywhere. It was awful. So we hug out in Target for about 30 minutes before we womaned up, bought some dollar ponchos and an umbrella and I ran for the car.

We got back and unpacked and put the rest of the stuff away. Once we were down we headed back to the hotel for a little, then over to Coronado Springs for some dinner.

The theming at Coronado is on point, I love it! It was my very first time visiting Coronado. We headed over to the Pepper Market.

I got tacos, two chicken, one beef. Very good.

Mom got the Aztec burger which was awesome, but huge! I was going to get this but obviously ended up with something else, I had a few bites and I really liked it. The fries were amazing.

Churros to share

We walked around the hotel’s main building a bit before heading out.

I love that they have this! It’s so much fun! I put Boston up there!

I love these! I’m only missing one or two I think!

Me in pin form

We headed back to the hotel and I stayed at mom’s room for the night. Two of my roommates were also staying with their parents so I didn’t feel to bad about my decision.

Continued in Next Post

Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th, 2015 (Part 1)

I had my Housing Welcome Session this morning at 11 so I slept in then headed back to the apartments at about 10. I went back to my apartment quickly, grabbed my roommate who also had the same housing time, and we drove over to The Commons, where the meeting was.

The meeting took about an hour and a half and went over different things including safety, offenses that will have you terminated immediately, and events and activities put on by housing for the CPs. Our meeting leaders were Jess and Lindsey and they made it as fun as possible. They pretty much just talked about what you can’t do or have in the apartments. No light sabers. Bummer right?

After the meeting I brought my roommate Kaylee back to the apartment and headed to meet Mom at Hollywood Studios, she’d been hanging around there taking some photos this morning.

The citizens of Hollywood were out and about today!

This guy used to be in the Adventurer’s Club, which my parents loved!

I guess what happened was some guy challenged the army man to a strength duel or something and they had a push up-off. Mom said the army guy started with two hands, then he spread his legs, then he did one arm, and the other guy just gave up.

I guess he won the girl?

Into the Wood <3 Wow love.

Oh look here’s where I come in!

Rob look it’s EVIE!

We hung around and listened to the drug guys make some very funny jokes about professions, they were hysterical. Then we had to get headed on our way for our FP+.

Mom’s an ANNUAL PASSHOLDER WOOOO!!!

Continued in Next Post

Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th, 2015 (Part 2)

It was time to SING ALONG! WITH ANNA AND ELSA! Feel the excitement.

These two were hilarious. Like so so funny.

I will admit I did not sing, I’m a loser I know.

After the show we headed out of the park and hopped on a boat over to Yacht and Beach Club for some yummy lunch.

We both got Vanilla sodas, I got sprite, Mom got coke. I looove that they have vanilla syrup there!

Mom and I both got the Salmon Sandwich and shared the fries and onion rings.

I really enjoyed the sandwich, it was super messy however! It’s on a croissant so the dill sauce oozes everywhere and the bread falls apart but it was so good!

After lunch I was stuffed but I so badly wanted the Banana Bread and Peanut Butter sundae so we did it!

We ate probably half of it, it was really good, and really rich. We just got it with vanilla ice cream, but man was it delicious.

When we got back to DHS we took the tram over to the car, and drove back to the hotel because it was actually fairly cold today and I was just wearing a t-shirt and shorts, silly me. So we both grabbed sweatshirts than went down to the bus stop and headed back to the Studios.

We made it just in time for our Toy Story Mania FP+. With 1 minute to spare.

After TSM we headed down to ToT and had a great ride!

We headed over to MK at about 6 to finish night up there.

No more Christmas

Continued in Next Post

Last Day With Mom -Tuesday January 13th, 2015 (Part 3)

It was listened that Anna and Elsa had a 20 minute wait time so we hopped in line! It took about 15.

When it was finally time for us to meet Elsa and Anna we went in the room and Anna wasn’t there. Well she was. But she was hiding behind a vase, and she jumped out! “As you can see, hide and seek is my favorite game.” Elsa and Anna are so cute! I got so many hugs. Anna goes “mmmm warm hugs!”

We popped over and met Rapunzel and Cinderella again.

We had nothing to do and it was getting close to 8 (a.k.a. park closing) so we headed over to the Big Top Circus to meet some friends of the character variety!

We were the only people in the big top so we had a lot of fun playing with these guys!

Continued in Next Post

Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th, 2015 (Part 4)

After a great time playing around we headed over to Dumbo. And rode the last two rides of the night!

After Wishes Mom and I split up, I headed down Main Street with the thousands of other people trying to get out of the park to meet up with my roommates and head to Downtown Disney.

Continued in Next Post

Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th, 2015 (Part 5)

I met the girls outside the gate, they had come to MK to watch Wishes from outside cause we don’t have our CM IDs yet. We walked over to the Contemporary to catch a bus to DD.

We popped in some different stores and then walked around.

We had Kaylee’s friend Andrew be our photographer but he couldn’t really figure out my camera

Roomies, woo!

We had a great time, had some good laughs, and then we headed back, I had to go get my car at Pop so one of my roommates came with me to get the car and drive back.

Continued in Next Post

Wow, it never occurred to me that the Marathon would be happening during park hours. How cool.

"Me going to pick up a water bottle someone dropped so nobody else tripped on it" See that, you're already acting like a CM.

Congratulations on finally starting. That sure is a lot of lines (but not surprising). It is Disney after all. What would it be without lines. Ah boo All Stars, lol. Well, I have never visited there before, so maybe I can make a trip on Animal Kingdom day. :goodvibes

EVIE!!!! :lovestruc Wow, they're all just chillin'.

Awesome. You got the 13 minute Haunted Mansion wait time. :thumbsup2

So fun that you watched the marathon runners!

Congrats on the official start of your program! So many lines! Ahh I just stayed at All Stars Sports, I was in that gift shop so many times I definitely would've seen you if you had just started a couple months earlier (or I visited a couple months later ;))

Sounds like more fun times with your mom, and yay for more character greets!

Nice that you spent the evening with your new roomies!

Wow things have changed with check in so much since my program in 2012! I looks like you had an awesome first few days!

Yay for your mom getting an AP!!

I love that picture that your mom took of you walking to the check in line! Brings back so many memories for me!!

What kind of camera do you use?? It takes GREAT pictures!!

So fun that you watched the marathon runners!

Congrats on the official start of your program! So many lines! Ahh I just stayed at All Stars Sports, I was in that gift shop so many times I definitely would've seen you if you had just started a couple months earlier (or I visited a couple months later ;))

Sounds like more fun times with your mom, and yay for more character greets!

Nice that you spent the evening with your new roomies!

It was really fun! I love watching runners! Thank you I'm very excited about the program, it's so much fun already and I've barely started! That stinks, we would've bumped into each other so often! Love character meets and my mom haha!

Wow, it never occurred to me that the Marathon would be happening during park hours. How cool.

"Me going to pick up a water bottle someone dropped so nobody else tripped on it" See that, you're already acting like a CM.

Congratulations on finally starting. That sure is a lot of lines (but not surprising). It is Disney after all. What would it be without lines. Ah boo All Stars, lol. Well, I have never visited there before, so maybe I can make a trip on Animal Kingdom day. :goodvibes

EVIE!!!! :lovestruc Wow, they're all just chillin'.

Awesome. You got the 13 minute Haunted Mansion wait time. :thumbsup2

Yeah I figured it would be over also but then either the day before or the day of a couple was telling us it took them about 7 hours to do the marathon the year prior, I was shocked and on the ride over to EPCOT we saw people running!

Thank you! It's all so exciting! Definitely come check out All Stars! Or we might run into each other in the parks!

oh this is soo exciting!! I can't wait to read more:)

Thanks for joining!

Wow things have changed with check in so much since my program in 2012! I looks like you had an awesome first few days!

Yay for your mom getting an AP!!

I love that picture that your mom took of you walking to the check in line! Brings back so many memories for me!!

What kind of camera do you use?? It takes GREAT pictures!!

I know, the check in has changed a LOT! I've heard the stories of years past and wow it's much more efficient now ;)

I have a Canon Rebel T5i, it's fabulous and I love it. I use auto most of the time unless I'm taking pictures of the fireworks. It takes awesome photos.

Looks like you are off to a great start!

Thank you!

My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th, 2015 (Part 1)

I woke up early this morning and headed over to Pop!

Mom was waiting in the lobby when I got there, and we headed over to the food court to get some breakfast! We extended my park ticket one day so I could go to the parks today.

After breakfast we went back to the room and got all Mom’s stuff and packed it up in the car. We headed to Wal-Mart to find shoes for work and a couple other things we couldn’t find at Target. Then it was time to take Mom to the airport.

It was really sad to have Mom go, it’s weird not having her just down the street or an hour away. I don’t like to cry so I didn’t and I held back my emotions, but it was hard to say goodbye.

After I dropped her off I headed back to the apartment to change and get ready to go to the parks. My roommates and I made dinner reservation for later so I would be meeting them there.

I grabbed my stuff and headed to Animal Kingdom. This was my first time going solo to the parks. I parked at AK and took the tram over to the park then headed straight for Everest. I hopped in the single rider line and waited about 10 minutes, probably less. Our ride kept pausing extra long at certain points, but it was good ride as always.

After Everest I made my way out of the park, I wanted to make it to Magic Kingdom in time for FoF.

Continued in Next Post

My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th, 2015 (Part 2)

I parked at MK and walked over to the TTC, I wasn’t having good luck with trams so I decided to just walk it, I beat the tram anyway! I hopped on the monorail over to MK and headed in!

What’s that? A CRANE?!

Yup, overnight my gorgeous castle view was obstructed by a crane.

I started walking down Main Street with no real direction. I ran into my friend Peter and we chatted for a bit, he recommended some good spots to get Festival of Fantasy pictures from, we talked about check in and traditions and then I went on my way. I still had some time to kill and I needed a snack and I knew exactly what to get!

YUM

The hub was also all boarded up which was another overnight thing.

I headed to Frontierland to watch FoF

About half way through I decided to ditch my location and cut through the shops on Main Street to watch the parade in front of the Barber Shop.

Prepare for an overload of FoF photos. You’ve been warned.

Continued in Next Post

My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th, 2015 (Part 3)

I LOVE those dresses!!!

Ruffians!

Look at that smolder

Then it was quite tragic as my camera died right at the end of the parade! And my phone was on the verge of dying so I saved my battery for essential moments!

Continued in Next Post

My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th, 2015 (Part 4)

I had some fastpasses to attend to so I made my way over to Tomorrowland.

My first FP+ was for Buzz. I headed over and battled Zurg.

I moved over to Space Mountain to use up another FP+. Then I wandered over to New Fantasyland. And saw my man out meeting.

I’m sorry I just love him. AND he remembered my name from the other day and I only freaked out a little bit.

After Gaston I wandered over to Big Thunder Mountain for my last FP+. It was a quick line and a good ride.

I headed over to see if Tiana and Naveen were out and I hopped in line for them. I chatted with a mom who was in front of me in line. It was nice to chat with her and her daughter about different characters and parades and stuff.

After meeting Tiana and Naveen, I headed out of the park and over to the car to drive over to Fort Wilderness. I was meeting the girls for dinner at Trails End! I got in the main gate and took the internal bus, I didn’t really know where I was going so I asked the bus driver and when we got to the right stop he told me to get off.

Only just kidding! It wasn’t the right stop! I went in the outpost and asked how to get to Trails End and a CM told me to get on the bus and it’s two stops down. Oh okay? I just got off the bus ugh. And our reservation was in 10 minutes, so I ran. Yup, I ran there. In flip flops. Quite the journey.

I checked in and then the girls arrived and we were seated. Before they brought us to our seats we were chatting with the CMs about us starting the DCP, they were all very excited for us and welcoming us to the company.

Plate 1

Plate 2

I got ice cream and some apple cobbler that was super yummy also. We all drove back in my car after dinner and then we just hung out around the apartment and talked for a while.

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter