DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

So happy you're updating again! Love the Ariel skirt. Let me guess.... Intro to Costuming? That totally looks like the kind of project we did in that class!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am so happy! A multitude of updates is a beautiful thing. :goodvibes

Well, I am so hungry and I want to eat a puck express! Or Garden Grill! Or just about any Disney place that will serve me food!

I so agree that a gondola ride in Italy is only natural.

I was all sad when you talked about Mark leaving. It is so great to share important life experiences with a good friend.

Congrats on your decision to stay in Florida!! I hope you soak up the happiness EVERY day!

Congrats on your decision. I have been following along since the beginning of this report. My DH actually works at DHS, so I love hearing your thoughts on everything Disney.

I was following you on twitter also but now it says I am blocked. My twitter is is panda8883. Thanks so much for the help.

Amanda

I LOVED coming home to see all the updates. I so appreciate all the time and effort you put into all of your posts. I'm sorry things got tough for you in there, but I'm glad that things improved enough for you to want to move to FL! Can't wait to read about the rest of your summer!!!

I am so happy you have been able to post I feel like we flipped to the end of the book and know the ending and now we get to see how you got there so excited I want to know everything but also don't want it to end. Thank you for doing this and was excited to hear them say we may be seeing more of you on the disunpugged can't wait to see what comes of that.:cool1:

Congrats again Jess!!! I should copy your pics from Wishes on the 24th! That's the night DF and I got engaged on the Wishes Fireworks Cruise (which if you haven't done, you need to add it to your bucket list!). I don't remember the last half of the fireworks that night..good thing I've seen it many times before!!

Jess!! I'm SO glad you are back! I teach computer lab at an elementary school. I have a Disney themed classroom. My bulletin board says "Computer Lab, the Happiest Place in School!" Today was a workday because our students don't start until next week. I spent most of the afternoon decorating my door with some Mickey fabric and was exhausted. It was so wonderful to come home and read your reports. My daughter is a college freshman and really wants to do the college program. We both LOVE Disney! We actually did 3 Disney trips this summer. Keep the reports coming please! It gives all of us who can't be there a little magic to look forward to. I'm hoping you will continue your reports now that you have officially moved to Orlando.

Loved reading your updates today. Sounds like you had lots of fun, even though you were sad about Mark leaving.

Holy updates!!! Loved reading them :thumbsup2

I also enjoy following you on twitter but I have been blocked :sad:

@sebsaw

Congrats on completing dcp and deciding to move to your happy place :goodvibes

:goodvibes

Heather

Loved your massive updating spree!

Congrats on moving to Florida and continuing your education here. Too bad you're not going to UF though - it's totally the best school in the state! :)

I totally agree about Italy needing a gondola ride (imo, the WS would be vastly improved if more countries had rides). Also, on your drawing of Chip, I kinda liked seeing your signature, if that doesn't sound too odd. My name starts with a J as well (Juanita), and it's funny to see just how different your cursive J is from mine. Your Ariel skirt was cute, it kinda reminded me of some Little Mermaid sheets I had when I was little (that's not a bad thing at all).

Yay for updates! I've been reading since the bathrobe princesses which reminded me of many nights with choir friends in high school. Mostly I just lurk your reports which seems odd since even my poor husband and mom know who you are. I'm so glad to see what a great turn everything has taken for you. I knew it would because of the positive and happy infectious person you are, but some of your posts made me want to fly out just to hug you... Well, I guess I could find some other stuff to do there. ;-)

I have grown up and live near Disneyland (we go at least 25 times a year) so I completely understand your move. I hope your future journey brings you all the happiness you deserve, and that Disney finally catches on and casts you as Jasmine. I can't wait to read about the rest of your program and your handsome new man. good luck and you were awesome on the podcast! Definitely warn us readers if you head to Disneyland so I can walk through a tour of cupcakes here.

So glad to see you are back!!! Enjoying all your updates. Can't wait to hear the rest of the great times you have had and are continuing to have.
All the best
Lisa

So happy there are updates! Congrats on your move Jess! :) Oh, I'm blocked on twitter, @heathernjnc. Thanks!

Oh my gosh!! Look at all these updates!!:cool1: It's like Christmas morning!! I was going to sit down to a Property Brothers or Duck Dynasty marathon but I believe I will get a little snack and read this instead!!! Oh and Jess if you see this I am blocked on twitter also and was hoping you could unblock me @rabbruzzetti

Thanks.....onto to my reading!

Yay! Yay! Yay! Just got back from my AMAZING trip to the world and was feeling depressed when I happened upon...your updates! I missed them terribly and am so glad you are back! Congrats on the move to Florida. I think I convinced my DH that we should move to Florida sometime in the near future!

May 26th-28th, 2013 - In Between Trips!

May 26th, 2013

I had work at 8 am today, so I said goodbye to Lia and Gina super early in the morning. I'm so sad they had to leave already. We had so much fun! I really hope that we get to have another trip together again sometime in the future, and I hope Gina enjoyed her first time at Disney World!!

I went to work and got trained convention center concierge. My trainer today was Karen! We had a nice day together though. The convention center was VERY quiet so we pretty much went over the basics, took a walk around the convention center, sat there, and then chatted all day. Kelsey came in to work at 11 too so we got to spend time with her during the afternoon hours.

We were done at 4:30 pm and then I went home. I dropped off some stuff and then I went out to dinner with Miranda at Red Lobster. We had a feast for ourselves- the biscuits, lobster artichoke dip, Cesar salads, I got chicken Alfredo, and we split the cookie dessert. It was delicious.

I went home after that and went to go see Shane and Sergio's new apartment. Since they extended, they had to move apartments and thankfully they are in the building right next to mine. Thank goodness they didn't go far!

Surge and I walked around the apartment complexes and then went to Publix. Then I brought all of my luggage and groceries up to my apartment. When I got home I chatted with Lindsay for quite a while and then I went to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27th, 2013

I woke up at 9:15 am today and got ready for my 11-7:30 pm shift. It was my second (and last) day of Convention Center concierge training.

My trainer today was Luisito and we also worked with another lady named Roxanna in the morning. We took a walk through the Convention Center again and just chatted all day. Luisito is definitely the most passionate CM about working in the Convention Center. He's really good at what he does and you can tell that he enjoys it.

After work I went home, did laundry, called my mom, and did homework for my class the next day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 28th, 2013

I had class this morning from 9 am-1 pm. We got to make up our own game with the people at our tables. We created one called "gold rush" with different pieces from monopoly, jenga, and a deck of cards.

Once we finished, I went back to my apartment, had lunch, and folded laundry. Then I had to leave for work at 3 pm.

I worked from 3:45-10:30 pm. I did more check-ins than anything today.

On the way home I called my Mom and then I hung out with my roommates for a bit. Me, Lindsay, Sammie Jo, and Lindsay's friend Alex went to the gym. I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes and it felt AWESOME.

Then I went back to my room and packed up as much as I could, but then I was so exhausted that I just went to bed. FRUMP TRIP TOMORROW.

9525605029_d9efda9c70_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter