DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Hi! I'm Alexa and I'm 16. I've been reading this report since the beginning and it's amazing!I'm always telling my parents about things you've done during the program and they really enjoy hearing about it too. I have such an obsession with disney just like you :) I've been 8 times and I'm going again in December ( can't wait especially after reading your Christmas trip report ;)). I was just there July 17 to the 26th and I stayed at Beach Club. I looked out for you or any of your friends but I didn't see anyone :( I'm so happy that you had such an amazing time in your program and it has definitely made me want to do it when the time comes!! Can't wait to read the rest of your reports, I'm so excited!!

May 22nd, 2013 - Ralph, Prime Time, and Goodbyes

This morning we got up and got ready to have a picture perfect day at Disney's Hollywood Studios! We drove Brooke over and parked in the stage parking lot. We got there a bit before 9 and since there were extra magic hours, we entered the park right to TOY STORY MANIA! We grabbed our fastpasses and then hopped in the standby line! I instagrammed a TON of pictures during our wait because it was a little bit lengthy, but I finally was almost caught up. :-)

9515516485_3cb9db5683_z.jpg

We finally got to the ride and it was GO TIME!!!!!! Lia has been here for over a week and this was only her first ride on Toy Story! CRAZINESS!

I went on by myself and I got MY HIGHEST SCORE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I finally beat (and exceeded) my next goal of 250,000 and I got 265,200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. You just KNOW when you're having a good game. You can just feel it.

9515515373_9c912e36df_z.jpg

9518304922_aa743f89a0_z.jpg

We got off the ride and went over to Starring Rolls to get some breakfast. I got the cherry turnover! I blame Kara's trip report for that one because I saw a picture of it a few days ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it. So I got it and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! I ate every little flake.

9518304114_23e1c70123_z.jpg

We sat over in the outdoor area of the Brown Derby area. Lia and Gina joined me once they got their very healthy breakfasts. Lia got the red velvet cupcake:

9518302534_ca34b5dd1f_z.jpg

And Gina got the butterfinger cupcake. She couldn't get over the amount of frosting on every cupcake that exists in Disney. She just wants to try them all!

9518303514_34cb638155_z.jpg

Once we finished up there we headed over to the animation building because I had to meet Ralph! However, the line was INSANE so we decided to do the drawing class that was starting in 6 minutes! I'm SO glad we did it because we drew Chip! I have never drawn Chip before and I didn't realize how much fun I would have sketching him! I was actually EXTREMELY happy with the way he turned out. I think that was one of my best drawings that I have ever done at the academy!

9515511161_697913d107_z.jpg

After that we left and started wandering... and then we realized that we should probably utilize our little time gap and go to get some fastpasses! So we grabbed some at Tower of Terror and then headed back to animation. For some reason, Ralph's line was out the queue today and it was winding like crazy, but I had to meet him!!! We waited about 40 minutes until we got up to the front of the line.

This greeting was magical. I walked up and Ralph gave me the biggest hug I have ever gotten. Vanellope didn't understand why I was giving him so much love and I felt bad that I kind of bypassed her... but Ralph is my fave. <3 Vanellope was pouting and I told her I was sorry, and she made the "sticking your tounge out" noise at me. Hahaha oh well!

9515508681_4e7118c031_z.jpg

I asked Ralph if we could take a selfie and he just lit right up and he shook his head yes!! It was the cutest selfie ever!

9515502347_084741b317_z.jpg

I love Ralph! <3

9518300566_9c27c6c832_z.jpg

Then Vanellope came over and got in a picture with us!

9515509589_4f5d620120_z.jpg

Then Lia and Gina joined in and we took our last couple pictures! It was such a wonderful greeting.

9515507927_4a1f1005a7_z.jpg

After that we had Tower of Terror fastpasses to use! So we went on and it was a CRAZYYY ride! Everyone in the elevator was just continuously screaming throughout the entire thing. It was fantastic.

9518297424_73c835626f_z.jpg

Then we went on Toy Story Mania again! I still broke 200,000 but it wasn't nearly as good as last time. Lia and I are both crazy obsessed with this game so it was fun to finally get to play it together!

9515502257_048a33edea_z.jpg

After that we decided to go over to 50's Prime Time Cafe to see if we could get a table. They said that it would be a 45 minute wait or less, so we decided to wait. There was a big emphasis on the "or less" part because we literally waited 5 minutes for our table!

9518290504_f73b7f02e0_z.jpg

9518289952_427478debb_z.jpg

We were brought in the little back room for our meal! Our waiter's name was Gary and he was from Honolulu. He was precious. He wasn't overly crazy but he still seemed like he was taken straight from the 50's!

Lia and I decided to split the fried chicken for our lunch! That's the BEST fried chicken in the world! We replaced the collared greens with corn which was great. Noms. I love that meal.

9515501575_b8cd74a9df_z.jpg

Gina got the vegetable lasagna and she LOVED that. She thought it was really good. She said there were even little bits of tofu in it too!

9515505259_49d56423f9_z.jpg

For dessert Lia and I split Dad's Brownie Sundae! YUM that was amazing too. The only thing was that there seemed to be more whipped cream than ice cream! But that's alright. The brownies were nice and soft and the hot fudge tasted great!

9515500683_db851b89b7_z.jpg

Gina got a milkshake made out of the rice ice cream for her dessert, but I didn't get a picture of it.

What a nice lunch!

9518289168_526047fd21_z.jpg

After that we started walking towards Star Tours, but the line was just a bit too long. I had to leave for work at 2:45 pm so I had to go at that point. I headed to the parking lot in the rain and then took the tram to the parking lot. We drove for about 30 seconds on the tram and then the breaks started SMOKING. It smelled terrible! So the tram was stopped and I hopped out and just walked to the parking lot.

I drove to work, called my Mom, and then headed into for my 3:30 pm - 10:30 pm shift. I worked concierge today which was great! Woohoo. My friend Amanda was working at the beginning and my friend Nichole was working as well so I was happy about that!

I randomly asked the DVC girl about the Grand Floridian Villas and if they are going on sale soon, and she said she could actually set me up with a tour to go see the model one! Um.... YES PLEASE. So I set one up for Friday. I actually chatted with her during my entire break. Shes a really cool person. Yay for making new friends!

After work I signed about 5 goodbye posters for all of my CP friends who are leaving. My heart is literally just breaking. It was Nichole and Tara's last night tonight. Im just SO SAD. I dont want either of them to leave.

Bye Nichole ):

9515501971_41eedb1a97_z.jpg

Bye Tara. ):

9518292474_4ec10bb081_z.jpg

I went back to Pop after work and Lia and Gina came home. Pretty soon it was time to go to bed1

Continued in Next Post

So glad to see your updates, Jess! DD16 and I just watched your Podcast segment and it was great. She is really excited about the idea of the CP...we will see if she actually does it.

We were in WDW 7/29-8/10 and kept looking for you, but our paths did not cross. DD follows you on Instagram and it seemed that you were everyplace we had been, only you went the day after us :)

So glad to see what has materialized after your CP and I hope you are able to update every now and again about how things are going for you.

Great updates!!! So glad you are back to filling us all in on your adventures.
I really want to color in that Etch TSM picture. :upsidedow

Great to see you back on here, brilliant updates with loads of great pictures as always. I've just started reading marks TR from his time in Disney Land with his mum, bet you missed him after he left but glad you got to stay on for longer xx

Hi Jess,

I've had a sad month with many changes in my life and I just spent 4 hours catching up with yours! I watched your podcast too. LOVE!

I just want to say that I am in such a happier mood now and feeling grateful that there are people like you in the world. I always love reading your updates and reports, but today, they had special meaning. The fact that I am all caught up reading your trip with Lia, whose TR's I also read and love, is even better. You gals are simply adorable.

I am so happy to learn that you will be living in FLA now because clearly, that is where you belong. Really I don't know what they'd do without YOU!

I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavours and all the happiness in the world. Don't EVER change. :)

Can't wait to read more adventures.

Love, Joelle

May 23rd, 2013 (Part 1) - Moving over to All-Star Movies!

This morning we all slept in for quite a while. I got up around 9:30 am and then it was time to pack up our room! We were switching over to All-Star Movies today so we had to be all ready to go at 11! We had a cast member from bell services come up and assist us with moving our luggage from our room to our cars. She was really nice!

Goodbye, Pop! I will miss you and your "EPCOT: WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE" sign! (I don't know why I find that so funny but I do.)

9515975825_6e7b8f4876_z.jpg

We drove right to All Star Movies and we checked in! I literally havent been to any of the All Star Resorts since I was like three years old. I stayed in the Dalmatian section of movies for one of our very first family trips and I just have never had a reason to come back. Well today was a reason!

We were in the Toy Story section so we went up and found our room!

9518798486_96e6833f33_z.jpg

Then we went back downstairs and bell services helped us bring up our luggage. Yay. THESE ARE THE LUGGAGE HOLDERS, AREN'T THEY AWESOME!?

9518776812_1318f32fde_z.jpg

Here's our room!

9518774514_93a0c7ab24_z.jpg
[

9516009983_35d8acaefd_z.jpg

9518799868_587c5c7693_z.jpg

9518796474_276100145a_z.jpg

Comparing All-Star and Pop... I think I like the rooms at All-Star better and the grounds at Pop better. Ultimately, though, they're both lots of fun, bright, and colorful! Both resorts are great!

9516006449_a031ccb4cc_z.jpg

The best coat hanger ever:

9516004177_eed9a43eb2_z.jpg

The shower curtain had Mickeys on it!

9518793376_960fefc7e9_z.jpg

YAY MOVIES!

9516001913_88fb4c1658_z.jpg

Oh you know, the mirror just looks like it's in a dressing room.

9518791230_e2d49ab688_z.jpg

This was our view outside:

9515998823_c649aef13c_z.jpg

Buzz is guarding the elevator!

9518788800_718305eab2_z.jpg

Toy Story section photo shoot!

9515984637_5bc3b5e02c_z.jpg

9515996867_8b71bfa1f0_z.jpg

9515995811_e1f41c0c26_z.jpg

9518786172_56930519f8_z.jpg

9518785450_022059f76e_z.jpg

I want this wallpaper in my future child's room.

9515993675_1db6b89c05_z.jpg

We were staying in Andy's room, NO BIG DEAL!!!

9518783928_2ee7f68121_z.jpg

I love how it says "except Molly." Andy is the nicest big brother ever.

9515991921_480322364f_z.jpg

Hey RC, what's up!?!

9518782322_e3813ae77d_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

May 23rd, 2013 (Part 2) - Wolfgang Puck, Wilderness Lodge, and Whispering Canyon!

Back to the lobby!

9518781208_33f5143ce1_z.jpg

9518780022_7038f6001d_z.jpg

The Wizard of Oz!

9518778746_2282d3136e_z.jpg

Lia introduced the idea of going to Wolfgang Puck Express to us. UMM. YES. ABSOLUTELY. So we left the resort and drove over to Downtown Disney! It actually took quite a long time to get there. The All Stars are very far away from everything!

9518777938_c99139a90b_z.jpg

We got in line for Wolfgang Puck Express and Lia and I decided to split the kids macaroni and cheese as well as the 4 cheese pesto pizza. Aka the best combination of food you could ever ask for.

9518774078_ffa1fd4385_z.jpg

9518773186_5d2ba1dee8_z.jpg

Gina got the vegetable sandwich again!

9515981401_bdcd28564f_z.jpg

Then we wandered through the pin store and headed out of Downtown Disney. We had to split up at this point. The girls were going to Walgreens and then continuing on with their no park day. I had big plans to go hang out with Mark who is leaving me TOMORROW. :( UGH I'M SO SAD ITS NOT EVEN FAIR.

I really wasn't handling his departure well.

I stopped back at Movies and grabbed my stuff. Then I drove over to the gorgeous Wilderness Lodge, which is where Mark and his Dad are staying. YAY. I LOVE THIS RESORT!

9515974853_e93d592234_z.jpg

I went up to their room. The weird thing about their room is that the number is the EXACT number of Marks dorm at college. We just couldn't get over it.

We had plans to go swimming! However, there was thunder so by the time we got to the pool it was closed. WAHH. Instead we pin traded at the pin station (I got a baby Tinkerbell pin, a Chip pin from Beauty and the Beast, and a Tigger and Eeyore pin!) Then we went to Roaring Fork and I got a Magic Cookie Bar because I can't NOT get one. Those things are ridiculously good.

9518771056_52a9fa833f_z.jpg

We went outside and sat under a little table with an umbrella. Then the pool finally reopened and Mark and I went in! We went on the small water slide that they have and then we just swam around. We talked about our plans for the fall semester, hopefully coming back to Disney for a trip, and just random memories.

It's hard to explain how sad I was that Mark is leaving. We have always been friends since the day we met at my school, but doing the Disney College Program together has brought our friendship to a whole new level. We will always have these Disney memories to share together and I know that Mark is a friend I will always be able to count on until the end of time. I'm going to miss him so much and I will definitely feel a huge void during the remainder of my program because he won't be here, but I know we will be reunited again soon. I'm going to miss him so much. He's leaving tomorrow night so we still have a little more time together, but WAHH I DON'T WANT HIM TO LEAVE.

9515973753_25fbeaaa4a_z.jpg

We got out of the pool around 5:40 pm and then we went back up to his room and got ready for dinner! Mark, his Dad, and I were going to Whispering Canyon at 6:25 pm! It was so nice to just walk right downstairs and go to a restaurant. What a life.

We were seated in the back corner, which was great because it was CRAZY in there tonight. Lots of noise, lots of screaming, lots of pony races, and lots of ketchup. If you have been there before, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you havent been there, then you need to give this place a try if you're up for having some fun!

We got corn bread first! YUM!

9518770144_f97ed27c64_z.jpg

We ordered the pulled pork, the ribs, and the beef for our three choices. It also came with mashed potatoes, beans, corn, etc. Everything was AMAZING. I tried a little bit of each and we got refills of the pulled pork, the corn, the beef, and Marks Dad also ordered some sausage. It was a fantastic feast!

9515978243_15b832c933_z.jpg

9515976691_7eb6fe2309_z.jpg

The waiters and waitresses were FRUMPS in the best way possible. I loved them. There was this older lady and every time she would head to the kitchen she would just start singing and she cracked us up!

Then there was also this young guy who was SO INTO HIS JOB. Oh my God, he was great. He had such a loud voice and he really could talk over the crowd and get everyone going. When I was eating my corn he like made some comment about it out of nowhere.. I cant remember what it was now but it was so out of nowhere that it like scared me and Mark. It was so FUNNY. Then when he walked by Mark he like put this straw on his head and Mark literally didn't notice until it fell off. Ahhh this restaurant. It is way too fun!!

Then we got our desserts! They give you white chocolate caramel cheesecake, chocolate cake, and strawberry/peach cobbler.

The cheesecake was YUMMY and it was served in a jar!!

9518761582_511c0d1832_z.jpg

The chocolate cake definitely had like a coffee flavor to it and it sort of reminded me of tiramisu.

9518762288_7deda513fa_z.jpg

The cobbler was THE BEST. Ahh the crust was perfect and so was the fruit. I loved everything about it.

9515972669_eef0dd9155_z.jpg

After that we left the restaurant and went to the gift shop. I did some pin trading and then Mark and his Dad bought a cookbook for Mark's Mom.

Then we went back up to their room for a little bit and then it was time for me to go. I would see Mark tomorrow and then after that hes leaving. HEART. BROKEN.

I drove back to All Star Movies and called my Mom on the phone just sobbing. I was SO homesick and I didn't want Mark to leave. At that exact moment, I really just wanted to go home. August seemed like eons away and I just missed school and my friends and my family and my house. I loved my Disney life, but it was just so hard being away from home. Clearly, the DCP presents you with your good days and your bad. It's an emotional roller coaster, but the important thing is to just keep going! Things do get better!!

I went back to the room after that and just worked on trip reports until I went to sleep!

Continued in Next Post

:wave2: Jess, so glad to see you have a little bit of time to catch up on your postings. :flower3: I know you said you've been busy with the program, new guy, moving, etc., but let's be real. You were just feeling bad that you've been hogging the "Thread of the Month" title and wanted to give someone else a shot. Right? (he he.) :grouphug:

Loving your story. Truly. BIG princess *sigh*. princess:

:thumbsup2

popcorn::

....carry on!

May 24th, 2013 - Universal and Characters in Flight!

I got up at some ridiculous hour this morning... like 6 something. For no reason at all. I looked at my phone to check the time and then I just couldnt fall back asleep. My alarm was set for 7 something, so I got up and then got ready to go!

I drove from All-Star over to Wilderness Lodge and I picked up Mark and his Dad. Then we drove all the way to Universal! Yes, we spent our last morning together at Universal. LOL

I posted on twitter:
Spending my last day with @Mjp935 at Universal. .............yeah I don't know either. :laughing:

We got there a little after 9 am and it was already EXTREMELY hot. Our first stop was to get breakfast. It took them FOREVER but we got breakfast sandwiches that were actually delicious. They had some AMAZING looking blueberry cheesecake in that bakery that I should probably get next time I go to Universal. (whenever that may be)

Our first ride was the Revenge of the Mummy! The queue for that attraction is SO long and SO dark, so we were basically just running through trying to get to the ride. It was frumpy. We were in the back row and it was SUPER FUN! Thats my favorite ride at Universal. I love how scary it is.

9519119484_ee3a8fcea3_z.jpg

Then we went on a bunch of different rides. We did Men in Black, which is similar to an updated version of Buzz Lightyear. We did the Simpsons ride which was pretty out there! It was fun but I was like... I had no idea what the heck was going on. It made me laugh though which was probably the goal! We also went on ET, which I know I would have appreciated so much more if I would have seen the movie in the past!

We also went on Disaster and Mark was chosen to be in it! His Dad was like, Hes such a ham. I knew hed find a way to get up there.

9519119204_3b03a25fdc_z.jpg

Bahaha thats so incredibly true. He was one of the villains and they had him do this evil laugh and it was SO funny. Then for the show they shoot different scenes so they can edit them into one disaster film trailer. So Mark and the other two villains had like... rocks falling on their heads in the shot. It was so funny.

After that we browsed through the shops. I actually didnt spend a penny, which was quite impressive. For some reason I have no trouble resisting Universal merchandise. (although I did almost buy an I Love Lucy shirt. However, I was strong. I didnt buy it)

9519118930_2c8bddd035_z.jpg

A shining star! I love her.

9516326915_69b593b146_z.jpg

Hmmm that looks quite familiar!

9516326301_e80b2393f8_z.jpg

From there we were kind of out of things to do. It was hot and the lines got long. So we decided to go over to Downtown Disney! We went to Rainforest Café for lunch which is something that I have really been wanting to do, so Im glad we went!

9516325837_2a491a17bc_z.jpg

We got an elephant table!

9519116676_1d2e59d7a4_z.jpg

I got the chicken sandwich and mashed potatoes! That was yummy. It was a good size not too big, not too small.

9519134002_7b6d0d06ef_z.jpg

Mark got the chicken parmesean:

9519132282_46b814f215_z.jpg

And Marks Dad got the burger. (Here Mark - I hope your Dad enjoys his food picture!)

9519133320_89e6dde22c_z.jpg

Then we went into the pin store! I am definitely a PINcess. princess:

9519116142_5c53e7c893_z.jpg

Mickey and Minnie!

9516322573_4180be14b4_z.jpg

I saw this brochure and I was really excited! MONSTROUS SUMMER TONIGHT WOOHOO!

9519115742_735f1c5bb8_z.jpg

Then we went into World of Disney and Mark got a few last minute things Goofy Mickey ears, one more shirt, etc. We also stopped in Ghiradellis to get some chocolate samples!

Then we went over to the West Side and did Characters in Flight! This was on our bucket list and I am so happy that we squeezed it in right on the last day.

9516323745_e26491f241_z.jpg

SO EXCITED!

9516339923_b00a4cb779_z.jpg

9516323653_5dc96262c0_z.jpg

9519114454_eaf78ceeec_z.jpg

Right when we went up, it started getting way windier so our hot air balloon wasnt super stationary, but it was awesome to see the view up there! It was amazing!

9519130646_30650c894f_z.jpg

Mark got twitter quoted:
"Now this is where the rope snaps and we fly away. We'll be like Moody's Mom!!!" #charactersinflight @Mjp9355

(We're referring to the Amanda Show.. LOL)

9516338437_7925d75ae6_z.jpg

DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!.... oh wait.

9516337581_5c4b4da7b7_z.jpg

Mission accomplished! Bucket list item - CHECK!

9516336145_f292b7fb9a_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Awesome updates, Jess! I almost missed them because your title usually tells me when you've added new posts! Can't believe I would've missed out on these... thanks so much for taking time to bring us along on your journey. Can't wait to read the rest.

gina

:flower3:

May 24th, 2013 (Part 2) - Saying Goodbye to Mark and Monstrous Summer!

Then I drove Mark and his Dad back to Wilderness Lodge. Mark and I had to say our goodbyes.

This is what I posted on every social media network that I update. I figured this sums it up pretty well:

9516334717_18126d7db6_z.jpg

Well... this is the final picture of our Disney College Program journey. It feels like yesterday we just impulsively decided to apply for the program, promising ourselves we would only go if we both got one of our top two roles. When that happened for both of us, it was clearly meant to be. It feels like yesterday that we were standing out in cold at 3 am at VISTA WAAAY waiting for our housing information, only to find out that we would be next door neighbors. It feels like yesterday that we went to Splitsville with all of our roommates, Magic Kingdom for the very first time together, and just finished our first weeks of training. As time went on we chipped away things from our bucket list doing things like an insane amount of character meals, going to four parks in one day, and even doing characters in flight right before you left. We pin traded, we laughed, we cried, we learned what we love, we learned about ourselves, and we had the most incredible journey of a lifetime. Mark, I'm so happy I got to experience my first Disney College Program with you. You have kept me company, been my best friend, have always been full of great knowledge, (especially about all of my favorite Disney friends!) and I have never had more fun in my entire life. My heart breaks to know that I have to continue the last portion of my adventure without you, but thank you for every single memory, every single sing-along to "Sugar Rush" in the car, every single episode of "Patterson Court: The gates are open and so is the drama" and every single food picture. I miss you so much already and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. "Seize the moment, let your fantasies and dreams set sail. To some other place where the fun never ends." I love you and miss you so much already. Thank you for EVERYTHING.

I miss Mark so much already. He has been here with me through every step of the way, and living here by myself now is pretty scary. The end of my program seems like a long ways away and him leaving doesnt help with my homesickness. However, I cant wait until we are reunited once again. :-)

------

ALSO. As a side note, I wanted to let you guys know that Mark started HIS VERY OWN TRIP REPORT on his trip to Disneyland! So make sure you check it out!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49030940#post49030940

------

After our final hugs, we parted ways. I drove over to Saratoga Springs and called my Mom. Then at 5 oclock I had a tour of the model of the new Grand Floridian DVC units! I was literally DYING. I have stayed in many different units over the course of my life, and these ones are definitely kicked up a notch. They are absolutely incredible. The studio can sleep 5 people!! The entire thing is so elegant. And there are TV SCREENS ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR. Yep, you can watch Stacey while you brush your teeth. Its pure insanity.

From there I drove over to All-Star and Lia and Gina were passed out asleep. Lia was in my bed, so I just grabbed some of my stuff and drove back to my apartment and took a nap there. I only slept for about an hour and then suddenly I was awake. I got ready again and then headed back to All-Star, dropped off my stuff, and met Gina and Lia at the bus stop.

The Magic Kingdom bus took FOREVER to get there. We finally arrived about halfway through Wishes.

9519125324_c14244f56c_z.jpg

9519124364_f0ed0d5055_z.jpg

9516332295_fb54dc0ac3_z.jpg

9516331423_455b175131_z.jpg

9519121856_01909c93d0_z.jpg

MONSTROUS SUMMER!

9519113138_a88fb4431e_z.jpg

Once the show was over, we were GRID-LOCKED on Main Street. We got stuck in Caseys Corner and we got sent through a special route to try and get the crowd moving. Lia and Gina decided to just hang out on Main Street for a while, but I went to go meet up with Miranda who was in line for Mike and Sulley! I got stuck in a standstill near the Plaza and then I had to force my way into Tomorrowland.

Thankfully she got in line right when she got there, so we were in the middle of the GIGANTIC line. Once the Monsters came out, it only took about 30 minutes to get up to them. It was an INSANE line. I have never seen anything like it. I dont understand why I wait for these kinds of things but to me IT'S WORTH IT!!

Our meet and greet was very short because of the length of the line, but I was so happy to see Mike and Sulley in their MU gear! I seriously couldn't wait to see the movie!!

9516329739_6acab9a06a_z.jpg

After that, we went over to Pecos Bill and I got a burger. Yes, it was 12:30 am and I still had not had dinner. Of course a burger was the healthiest and most logical choice. It tasted amazing, if anyone was wondering. I regret nothing.

9516321485_3beca9c04d_z.jpg

Then we went on the hunt for the Monsters Inc. cupcake. We went to Storybook Treats, Frontierland, and the Confectionary. NOTHING. They were all out and it was only 1 am. They had the candy apples, which were super adorable, but we had our hearts set on cupcakes.

9516319169_c2041f4800_z.jpg

We found Lia and Gina in Frontierland and they were making their way around the crowds. I told them I was on a hunt to find a cupcake... and then I would let them know my progress as the night went on.

Apparently this came up in conversation because Lia tweeted:
"My life is a cupcake." - @PrincessJess508

Yep.

So we headed to Main Street USA.

9516320385_9d9307e05c_z.jpg

9516322051_e5817db969_z.jpg

We went to the Confectionary and got regular cupcakes because they were on the brain. Once I get the idea of a certain food in my head, I cant resist. It was super yummy. Im sure the Monsters ones wouldve been even better, but we were just too late.

9519109530_7b590b0350_z.jpg

Here's Miranda's cupcake:

9519108866_29313ffdf7_z.jpg

From there, I just couldnt do it anymore. I was exhausted and emotionally drained, so Miranda and I both headed out. Im actually extremely disappointed in myself for not making it longer than this, but I am not doing too well with handling my emotions lately, so that leads to constant exhaustion. It was time for bed.

I went back to the room and fell asleep almost instantly. Lia and Gina got back around 7 am. I am so proud that they made it the whole time! They had THE MOST incredible time and I am really happy for them! I seriously wish I could have joined but it just wasn't physically possible. Hopefully they'll have another 24 hour day soon!

Continued in Next Post

Really enjoying all the updates Jess. But slow down girl!!! This report has to last at least till I go back in December. :)

"Then we went to the buffet! I LOVE all of the Disney buffet food. It's a carb indulgence and it's a great opportunity to eat your feelings."

HAHAHAHA! :rotfl2: This is brilliant!! Your sense of humor is just one of the many reasons I keep reading. Never stop writing! LOVE IT!!

Great updates. popcorn::

I LOVE your long Ariel skirt. The one that you wore with a black tank top at Magic Kingdom. Where did you get that? I wouldn't mind getting myself one just like that. :)

Q

May 25th, 2013 - Resort Exploring!

Since Lia and Gina got back so late last night from Monstrous Summer, we all took the morning VERY slow. I got up around 9 something but I just worked on my pictures and I talked to Vickie on the phone for a while. Eventually I took a shower and got ready and the girls finally woke up. We didn't leave the room until about 4 pm.

We went down to the food court and heated up a leftover 4 cheese pesto pizza from Wolfgang puck. We devoured that and then we went to the front desk. The cast member, Andy, brought out the pin board for us! We pretended he was Andy from Toy Story and now he works at Disney!! How perfect.

We were done with park days so it was time to resort hop! Our first stop was Saratoga Springs because Lia had never been there. We checked out the pin board, walked around, and then headed to our next destination.

9517318269_bb04eb809b_z.jpg

9517459387_118b2d8f58_z.jpg

9520246332_1a807a44b1_z.jpg

That destination was Pop Century! Aka Lia's obsession. She never got her king cupcake so that was a necessity. I had whatever she didn't finish and it was great!! The frosting was the best part because it was light, fluffy, and peanut buttery. I really just couldn't get over the bacon thing though - it freaked me out a little bit! Then the banana filling was really good, as far as Lia said, but there just wasn't a lot of it.

Lia posted on twitter:
If you ever need someone to immediately and enthusiastically finish your food, @PrincessJess508 is your girl.

After Pop we went over to the Epcot resort area. We started at the Boardwalk and I saw my friend Derrick, the guy who helped me bank out that day I picked up a shift there. Then we looked at the pin book and explored the resort. Lia had never been in the lobby before at all so it was a whole new experience!

We walked down to the Boardwalk and looked in the shops. I got a sweatshirt I had been admiring for a long time and I also got presents for a few people at home.

9517454839_645dfc1ca7_z.jpg

"Come right in, it's delightfully cool inside!"

9517311535_f6a00513b8_z.jpg

9517317339_54663aba3c_z.jpg

9517316567_7c8711ee65_z.jpg

9517312971_9d24ed0a73_z.jpg

Then we kept walking through and we went to the Beach Club and the Yacht Club! We had to check out their pin inventory obviously.

9517458279_4be7b033aa_z.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I'm rockin' the frumpy tourist look today and I enjoy it very much.

These swings are my favorite.

9517457555_a2d4f56b55_z.jpg

9520245312_8d9822980a_z.jpg

9520102698_60775d26d1_z.jpg

9517314941_8bb2b9b3f7_z.jpg

9517314285_e49018e9e7_z.jpg

It had been far too long since I took a picture of the Beach Club's rug.

9520243844_6c7b32d0ff_z.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I just want the Yacht Club to be my life.

9517456863_dc89b3a270_z.jpg

We drove to the Polynesian next. We COULD NOT find a parking spot. For an extremely long time. And I was hungry so I was a little crabby about that. We finally found one WAYYY in the back corner and it was the greatest moment ever.

We went inside and ate at Captain Cooks for dinner! Lia and I both got the adult grilled cheese and french fries! I INHALED that thing.

9517310971_8b4c3720af_z.jpg

Gina got the noodle bowl!

9517309931_8d2c6d7075_z.jpg

Then for dessert I got a giant dole whip! I was FREEZING because of the air conditioning so a dole whip probably wasn't the grandest idea... But I digress. It was worth it.

9517308725_1beeb9784d_z.jpg

After that we went to the car to grab my new sweatshirt because I was cold, and this car followed us all the way to my car because they thought we were leaving and they could take our spot. So we grabbed my stuff and left and they were very disappointed. PSYCHE!

We walked over to the Polynesian beach and found some spots in the sand. Wreck it Ralph was playing on the big screen and I was SO SAD because I missed Mark. Ugh my life felt like it was falling apart.

Wishes began at 10 o'clock so we watched it on the beach. The music was really quiet unfortunately so that kind of stunk, but the fireworks were pretty!

9520095140_65b9ec3554_z.jpg

9517307581_5095def8b7_z.jpg

9517307159_dc6a4d93df_z.jpg

9520093862_73e8b32543_z.jpg

9517305889_b509c9a598_z.jpg

After that we went back and went to bed. I had an early morning coming up!

Continued in Next Post

This greeting was magical. I walked up and Ralph gave me the biggest hug I have ever gotten. Vanellope didn't understand why I was giving him so much love and I felt bad that I kind of bypassed her... but Ralph is my fave. <3 Vanellope was pouting and I told her I was sorry, and she made the "sticking your tounge out" noise at me. Hahaha oh well!

9515508681_4e7118c031_z.jpg

I asked Ralph if we could take a selfie and he just lit right up and he shook his head yes!! It was the cutest selfie ever!

9515502347_084741b317_z.jpg

I love Ralph! <3

9518300566_9c27c6c832_z.jpg

Then Vanellope came over and got in a picture with us!

9515509589_4f5d620120_z.jpg

Then Lia and Gina joined in and we took our last couple pictures! It was such a wonderful greeting.

9515507927_4a1f1005a7_z.jpg

WOW Ralph looks great! I bet he was super happy to meet you! I miss him can't wait to see him again!

Love

Mark

Ok, kinda embarrassed how excited I was to log in and see 13 updates for this TR - they were great.

Congrats on all the positives going on in your life now! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter