DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Congrats on your new adventures. I was late reading your TR but I stayed up way too late for a few nights and got caught up!
I have a daughter who will be a junior in high school this year, but wants to do the CP! She is another avid Disney lover like you and her momma :)

I know your parents must be so proud of you. You are a beautiful girl inside and out and it shines through you and your writing.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Jess!

I did a marathon review and got through the entire TR in 4 days. Whew! Congratulations on living your dream, and can't wait to see what's coming next!

:cheer2: Yayyyy for following your dreams! I seriously hope you will be able to keep up with the trip reports even though you'll be there full-time! I don't believe in nurturing potential regrets, however, I am SO wishing I would have done the DCP while I had the chance!

I know you're crazy crazy busy right now, but if you wouldn't mind responding when you get the chance...that'd be fantastic! You're something of a celebrity to my husband and I!

I was wanting to ask you if you thought that a recent grad school grad could get a job at Disney and advance the same way a DCP alumna could. I have been SO incredibly inspired by your journey, and I am so lacking inspiration in my day to day life currently. I'm seriously entertaining the idea of moving to WDW next year (when the lease is up) and pursuing my dream as a worker at Disney!!! Any advice? I so appreciate you doing all of this for all of us Dis-fanatics! It is so wonderful to pursue your dreams and to inspire others to do the same, isn't it? :hug: from all of your loyal followers!!!

~Amy

Post-College Program Check-in Update!
August 14th, 2013

Okay. Hi guys. I'M BACK!!

Today's date is August 14th, 2013 and that means that my Disney College Program is officially OVER. I literally cannot comprehend that it's over. I seriously feel like I was just writing the introduction post to this thread and now the end date of my program has come and gone.

Like I said in my introduction post, I knew I was going to fall behind on this report. That was inevitable. I have good reasons though - working throughout the rest of my CP, having visitors, playing in the parks, having a new boyfriend, MOVING TO FLORIDA, finding a new school, finding a new apartment... life is seriously non-stop magic in many different ways.

So with that being said, can you tell that the rest of this trip report is going to be INSANE?! Because it is. Just you wait. I AM SO EXCITED TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING!!

I'm not going to spend too much time on this post because, let's face it, we all want to get to the actual posts. I just wanted to post a little "hey, I'm back, and let's get movin'" post now that my program is over.

As for now, though, LET'S GET (RE)STARTED!

Continued in Next Post

Post-College Program Check-in Update!
August 14th, 2013

Okay. Hi guys. I'M BACK!!

Today's date is August 14th, 2013 and that means that my Disney College Program is officially OVER. I literally cannot comprehend that it's over. I seriously feel like I was just writing the introduction post to this thread and now the end date of my program has come and gone.

Like I said in my introduction post, I knew I was going to fall behind on this report. That was inevitable. I have good reasons though - working, having visitors, playing in the parks, having a new boyfriend, MOVING TO FLORIDA, finding a new school, finding a new apartment... life is seriously non-stop magic in many different ways.

So with that being said, can you tell that the rest of this trip report is going to be INSANE?! Because it is. Just you wait. I AM SO EXCITED TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING!!

I'm not going to spend too much time on this post because, let's face it, we all want to get to the actual posts. I just wanted to post a little "hey, I'm back, and let's get movin'" post now that my program is over.

I have no idea how long it's going to take me to finish this report, but it will be finished eventually. I can promise you that. As for now, though, LET'S GET (RE)STARTED!

Continued in Next Post​

:hyper::thanks:

popcorn::

I have been following you on Instagram, and let me just say I was GIDDY to see you and your new guy! I know the ending of the last relationship was hard on you, and this was a breath of fresh air I am sure...and it's someone we have all heard you talk about for a LONG TIME anyhow. Yay for the two of you!!! :cool1:

Wow Jess. I can't believe your CP is over!! I remember when you were preparing for your interview ( with those awesome note cards). It's amazing how fast time flies. Thanks for sharing your experience . I can't wait for your new updates!! -Amanda :goodvibes

Can't tell you how excited I am for US to get to read the rest of your trip report and how excited I am for YOU to get to move to Orlando!! Such a dream come true!!!

We are staying at Coronado for the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon in Nov! Maybe we will run into you then!!

May 17th, 2013 (Part 3) - Artist Point

We got some Splash Mountain fastpasses that we didn't end up using. The good news is that I got these GORGEOUS pictures of the castle:

9203734111_58bd497a03_z.jpg

9203732193_20623eb3f2_z.jpg

Then we went over to Wilderness Lodge because we had a very special dinner to go to! Since Lee-Anne and Lia didn't use up their table service credits at Le Cellier, we had 4 left that we had to use by midnight! So obviously going to a signature restaurant was the best solution! Artist Point was our choice!

9203728597_f67602fcb6_z.jpg

We got there around 9 o'clock and we checked in for our reservation. Even though this was dinner #2 I was ready to eat because I knew the food was going to be INCREDIBLE!

9206502074_b0a9830291_z.jpg

9203717305_16e255e0cd_z.jpg

Since Lia and I are extremely fancy, we asked for Mickey straws for our drinks. (Did I say fancy? I meant frumpy.)

9203713267_8af7865b79_z.jpg

They started us off with this incredible sour dough bread that was soft and delicious. I can't help but be in love with amazing bread.

9206492870_c78f632afe_z.jpg

I had only heard AMAZING things about the salmon from this restaurant and how it probably the freshest cut of salmon you could have next to actually taking the fish right out of the water. Since I had the filet last time, the salmon was an obvious choice. Plus after eating so much, I was ready for some fish. This dish fully lived up to my expectations. It was AMAZING and the flavor was unbelievable. Plus there was a little short rib pastry wrapped thing that came with it that was also REALLY good.

9203704871_04762a2829_z.jpg

Lia got the buffalo again, just like last time. The presentation had changed since her last trip! She loved it and she let me have a bite. It is such an interesting meat. It tastes like steak but the flavor is so much more distinct. Almost sweeter or something. I don't know. And then it came with truffle mac and cheese which is an automatic win. Just look at how beautiful it is!!

9203706999_b58c0ae5df_z.jpg

After finishing our INCREDIBLE entrees, it was dessert time! I ordered the Artist Point's Berry Cobbler and it was PERFECT. Literally, I am obsessed with this restaurant because of this dessert. I love fruit desserts more than anything and this one is phenomenal. The blackberries that I had were some of the best that I have ever eaten in my entire life. And I have had A LOT of blackberries. Then the cobbler itself was just so sweet and had such a good flavor. Oh my God. I can't believe the last time I was here I just split one of these with my Mom, because this time I got a whole one for myself and I still wanted more!

9203677227_f22b1274cf_z.jpg

Lia got the sampler plate and it had hugs and kisses! She said it was really, really good. I don't remember exactly what the O was made out of, but the X was made out of hazelnut and Godiva chocolate, and then there was a chocolate covered strawberry. NOMS!

9206485820_3d27b356d5_z.jpg

9203702013_d57824a0f1_z.jpg

9203701037_94989311dd_z.jpg

9206462184_1a04fc4c58_z.jpg

After that our meal was over! I still can't believe that we got to go to a signature! That just worked out SO WELL. We left Wilderness Lodge after that and we had our own private cruise back to the Magic Kingdom. I'm kind of obsessed with taking the boat on Seven Seas Lagoon now. It's just SO PRETTY.

We took our bus back to Pop and I CRASHED when we got back. It was bedtime!

Continued in Next Post

Jess...I have been following your thread for so long, and you truly have given us all an amazing gift in sharing your journey! I knew that once you got to Florida, you would not be leaving! I'm so happy to see I was right, and cannot wait to go onto this next leg of the journey with you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter