DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Congrats on 3 straight Months as Thread of the Month. Pete said he met you when they did the most recent 7 Resorts in 7 Days. He also said that it is obvious that you thread will become the most viewed thread in Dis history. I think that the Podcast should have you as a special guest at the end of your DCP.

I second that! :banana:

just found your report and I am going to share with my daughter she wants to do an internship at AK she is a pre-vet major and wants to get experience with the animals.

We just hit our 180 day mark! Thanks for all the great reviews- it really helped me choose!

Also virtual hugs from me! I may be 10+ years older than you, but I have been there. Hugs!

Congrats on 3 straight Months as Thread of the Month. Pete said he met you when they did the most recent 7 Resorts in 7 Days. He also said that it is obvious that your thread will become the most viewed thread in Dis history. I think that the Podcast should have you as a special guest at the end of your DCP.

I second that! :banana:

I absolutely agree!

Pete,I think Frump Nation has spoken!;):)

I think Pete and the gang should have Jess as a special guest on the Podcast to discuss the Disney College Program and then present her with the Thread of the Year $500.00 Disney Gift Card,provided she does happen to win TOTY;):).:)

Hey everyone just wanted you all to know that whatevers going on with twitter is happening to others aswell,I haven't been able to post anything at all since yesterday,not even on my own account :sad1:

Jess:

I have been following your thread and have been sharing all of the wonderful info you have provided about Disney's CP with my DD. She's still in high school, but this is exactly what she wants to do! Congratulations on being the top thread! How exciting! :woohoo: Thank you for taking the time to include us in your daily activities. Love the resort pics and all of the info plus the fabulous food pics!

We are headed to the wonderful world of Disney in June! Sorry to say that we aren't staying at CS but at ASMuFS. We love it there but would love to stay in a villa. Speaking of CS, I wanted to share this article with you that a fellow DISer posted. I wondered if the CM mentioned in the article was you because what she did was just so extraordinary and it just sounds like something that you would do!

http://disneyatwork.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-newtown-and-disneys-300-parade/

Looking forward to more updates and pics! :woohoo:

Anyz00 thank you for sharing this story. Simply amazing how Disney makes such special memories and goes the distance.

Jess hope you are having a great time with your dad. Looing forward to your updates

Lisa

Jess:

I have been following your thread and have been sharing all of the wonderful info you have provided about Disney's CP with my DD. She's still in high school, but this is exactly what she wants to do! Congratulations on being the top thread! How exciting! :woohoo: Thank you for taking the time to include us in your daily activities. Love the resort pics and all of the info plus the fabulous food pics!

We are headed to the wonderful world of Disney in June! Sorry to say that we aren't staying at CS but at ASMuFS. We love it there but would love to stay in a villa. Speaking of CS, I wanted to share this article with you that a fellow DISer posted. I wondered if the CM mentioned in the article was you because what she did was just so extraordinary and it just sounds like something that you would do!

http://disneyatwork.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-newtown-and-disneys-300-parade/

Looking forward to more updates and pics! :woohoo:

Thank you for sharing this link. Brought me tears at a time that I needed to see some good in the world.

I just finished reading ALL of your trip reports because I'm in major Disney withdrawal (haven't been to Disney World since 2008) and you capture the magic perfectly!

For some reason I'm dying for you to go to Disneyland and experience Fantasmic there. I feel like you'd love the whole experience and there's a Peter Pan scene instead of Pocahontas which I find so much better. Basically I want to see how you handle all the differences in the parks!

I look forward to reading the rest of your CP report, I did the College program in 2006 and worked at The Mara at AKL, as well as in room dining.

Thank you for sharing this link. Brought me tears at a time that I needed to see some good in the world.

Omg what an article. Whoever the CM and the characters. You not only impacted that family you are impacting those reading the article. Great job Disney! Proud of the goodness in people!!!!

Congratulations on Thread of the Month again!! "The Single Biggest Thread in DISBoards History" Love it!!!

The mention on the podcast made me smile, particularly Pete & Corey's compliments about meeting you at Coronado.

April 8th, 2013 (Part 1) - The Polynesian is Paradise

This morning I woke up around 8:45 am and got ready to go to breakfast! Dad’s favorite breakfast in the entire world is Kona – so that’s where we were going on our first morning!

dsc0408ao.jpg

dsc0406z.jpg

dsc0405r.jpg

Our waitress was Maria! I got some orange juice and Dad got a pressed pot coffee.

For our meal it is no surprise what we decided to get – PINEAPPLE MACADAMIA PANCAKES! This is Dad’s favorite breakfast of all time. They tasted AWESOME. I ordered some strawberry compote on the side. That's what they usually serve with the Tonga Toast... but putting them on these pancakes is such a good idea!

dsc0410bt.jpg

We finished up our meal and then went outside. We didn’t really have a specific plan for today but we went down to the concierge in our building and booked a little fishing excursion for tomorrow morning! If you know anything about my Dad you know that he LOVES to fish! We booked one for 10 am the next day and adjusted our lunch reservation to be a little later in the afternoon!

Here's the club level concierge:

dsc0412bi.jpg

dsc0413n.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I think everyone should always greet me with "Aloha." #inlove

Then we just decided that the weather was too good to do anything except lay on the beach! So that’s what we did! We were out there for a good 3-4 hours.

I posted on twitter:
If I could start every day like today... I would probably be in heaven. #paradise

Laying on the Polynesian beach really makes me think about life and how excited I am for upcoming opportunities headed my way. I am just really looking forward to seeing where my path takes me.

I posted on twitter:
I am almost too happy here. I'm just overwhelmed with joy at the thought of life right now.

dsc0415ne.jpg

REFILLABLE MUG!

img0042mm.jpg

I was all about getting my tan on today and that sun was HOT. It felt so good to just lay there and relax for once. I’m CONSTANTLY on the go (as you guys can probably tell) so I was definitely happy to spend this early afternoon doing absolutely nothing!

I posted on twitter:
This sun is sizzlin'.

Around 2:30 pm I was getting very warm and pretty hungry! So Dad and I decided to head into Captain Cooks and grab some sushi! I was craving sushi so bad.

I got the crab one and it was FANTASTIC:

dsc0417h.jpg

Then Dad got the shrimp one and he said that was fantastic too!

dsc0419ek.jpg

For my dessert I got a DOLE WHIP! Dad had never tried Dole Whip before so I let him have some and he LOVED it! He was like, “wow, that’s actually really good!” YAY FOR DOLE WHIP APPROVAL!

I posted on twitter:
Well I just introduced my Dad to Dole Whip. Needless to say HE LOVES IT.

dsc0420oo.jpg

He got a blueberry muffin for his dessert, which looked awesome!

dsc0418nv.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Just found it and caught up on the whole thing in two days. Hope you continue to have an amazing time!

April 8th, 2013 (Part 2) - Coronado Springs, Club Level Food, and DHS!

From there we went back to the room, showered, and got ready to go out again. We drove over to Patterson Court so I could show him my apartment! He thought the complex was very nice and he really liked seeing where I live!

Then we went over to Coronado Springs! My Dad had never been to this resort so I definitely had to make sure that he saw it! We went in and I took him into the lobby.

img0045vw.jpg

Then we walked through Panchito’s and Café Rix so he could see what those were all about. Then we made a circle around the lagoon so Dad could see all of the different sections! He was impressed with the size of the place! He said “well, I guess we’re going to have to stay here sometime!” YES, WE’VE SOLD ANOTHER ONE ON CORONADO!

img0044jt.jpg

I also showed him the convention center and he was BLOWN AWAY. He couldn't get over the size of it and he kept saying how the convention center in our hometown could fit right inside of Coronado's. He wishes he could have some of his business meetings there! We walked through the entire thing and he thought it was the greatest thing!

I posted on twitter:
My Dad loves Coronado and Coronado's Convention Center. I feel like a success.

We got back to the main building and went to Pepper Market for dinner!

dsc0423o.jpg

Dad got the Mahi Mahi but I wasn’t able to get a food picture of it.

I got the Turkey Burger for my dinner! It was really good! It was so fresh and the French fries were AMAZING! I loved them.

dsc0421xb.jpg

For dessert Dad got the carrot cake! He isn’t usually a big frosting person but he really liked the cream cheese frosting they had on this cake. IT’S SO GOOD!

dsc0424d.jpg

I got the red velvet cake and WOW that was awesome too! It just melted right in your mouth. It definitely tastes just as delicious as it looks!

dsc0422nr.jpg

When we were done, we headed outside and we saw the DIS Podcast team! They were filming their 7 Days at 7 Resorts segment at Coronado today! We chatted for a good long while and it was SUCH an honor to meet all of them! We talked about my College Program and their College Programs in the past. It was so cool to meet them in person. There is a great team behind these boards! Hopefully I will be seeing them again sometime in the future!

After that my Dad and I left Coronado and headed back to the Polynesian. I had to check out the lounge and eat whatever appetizers they had out because, what can I say, I NEVER STOP EATING!

dsc0425q.jpg

dsc0428ag.jpg

OHANA SALAD. I KNOW.

dsc0429cj.jpg

My choices:

dsc0430sk.jpg

All of the drinks:

dsc0431vw.jpg

I went back down to the gift shop and then I stopped back up at the lounge and looked at the dessert options! YUMMY!

dsc0433gg.jpg

dsc0432ww.jpg

dsc0434rh.jpg

dsc0435tz.jpg

dsc0436oi.jpg

dsc0437qq.jpg

Then I went back to the room and typed up my day thus far while Dad slept for a bit. Around 9 o’clock he woke up and we headed over to Hollywood Studios for Extra Magic Hours! It was actually his idea so YAY DAD!

img0047or.jpg

We took the bus over and went straight to MUPPET VISION 3-D! (Another Dad request! He just knows me SO WELL)

img0048ad.jpg

We got on the last show of the night and it was perfect! My Dad and I just really appreciate Sam Eagle's humor. So funny.

dsc0438ih.jpg

Then we went on Toy Story Mania! The line was posted as 30 minutes aka the wait was very short! My game wasn’t as good as last night’s BUT I did get my 4th highest score of all time! So that’s exciting!

img0049ja.jpg

dsc0439oc.jpg

The last thing we did was go on Rockin’ Roller Coaster! The wait for that was posted as 20 minutes! Seriously, there was nobody there tonight! We were in the very back row and it was CRAAAZAY!

img0050km.jpg

Then we headed out of the park! We took the bus back to the Polynesian!

I posted on twitter:
My Dad keeps saying how much he loves the smell of the Polynesian lobby. He seriously knows what's up.

We got back to the room and pretty much crashed!

Continued in Next Post

Yay for more Poly club level updates!! I don't remember them having sushi when we were there in the past (2010 and 2011) - looking forward to trying that :thumbsup2

Your dad is so right about the Polynesian smell - ahhhhh....just under four months now :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter