DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

April 5th, 2013 (Part 3) - UNIVERSAL!

After that we went over to Studios! We had a few more rides to get on!

dsc0217k.jpg

Ummm... does this name remind you of Epcot at all?

dsc0219qg.jpg

The lines were so bad everywhere today but we finally decided on The Mummy. AKA MY FAVORITE RIDE OMG. I literally was just expecting some little dark ride and then it turned into this FANTASTIC ROLLER COASTER! We were in the front row which made it even better! It like shot us up this hill and dropped us unexpectedly and the theming was GREAT! My eyes were watering and there was FIRE and it was AMAZING!!!! Oh my God, I want to go again!!!!!

dsc0220ya.jpg

Then we went on the Rip, Ride, and Rock It Roller Coaster! We got in the single rider line for this one because the standby was 90 minutes. It still took a while but we got on much faster. It was so funny because they replayed this video in the queue line on a loop and it only lasted about a minute, so by the time we heard it about 10 times in a row, we started to quote and act the whole thing out. It was about putting your belongings in the lockers and safety and stuff.

This rollercoaster was really cool and you get to pick your own soundtrack to listen to on the ride! I didn't have time to choose a song so they randomly selected one for me, but Mark listened to Glamorous by Fergie. How appropriate.

dsc0221pf.jpg

dsc0222li.jpg

After that we wandered around and stumbled upon the Spongebob Store! Not only that, but Spongebob was greeting! We had to stop by and say hello.

dsc0224bn.jpg

dsc0228fy.jpg

SQUIDWARD'S HOUSE!

dsc0225md.jpg

dsc0226tg.jpg

SPONGEBOB'S HOUSE!

dsc0227sw.jpg

Then we decided to get some Dip N Dots! Rachelle and I both got Vanilla, and Mark got Cookies and Cream. Yummy! Those hit the spot.

dsc0229bd.jpg

We chilled out on a bench and ate. Then we decided that we were exhausted so we were ready to go home!

img9843w.jpg

Rachelle drove us back and we went up to our apartments! I went over to Mark's and worked on trip reports while him and Shane watched the first Harry Potter movie! Then I FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON MY TRIP REPORT AFTER A WHOLE MONTH! WOOHOO! That is quite the accomplishment. :-)

Continued in Next Post

I would like to offer you a bit of advice. Unless Disney post work schedules far in advance you may want to try to cut back on the late night/ next morning bed times. Getting switched from a later shift to an early, even mid day shift could windup messing with your sleep cycle. Be careful to try to maintain a steady pattern. Don't want you to be this guy.:rotfl2: or :sick:

P.S. You're not the only one that has not been to Universal.:rolleyes1
Also RRC also has a corkscrew in it, you just don't realize it, since it is in the dark.

WizardLarz said:
I would like to offer you a bit of advice. Unless Disney post work schedules far in advance you may want to try to cut back on the late night/ next morning bed times. Getting switched from a later shift to an early, even mid day shift could windup messing with your sleep cycle. Be careful to try to maintain a steady pattern. Don't want you to be this guy.:rotfl2: or :sick:

P.S. You're not the only one that has not been to Universal.:rolleyes1
Also RRC also has a corkscrew in it, you just don't realize it, since it is in the dark.

Haha do not worry.. I know how to handle my bedtimes. I do this at college too. :lmao:

Wow!I thought NO ONE could top Kristen on her recent "Omni Mover Trip Updates",but you have definitely given her some competition!:)

I guess the ability to post such a huge quantity of Updates at once is in the frump DNA!LOL:)

Poor Pepper!I know it will be a happy day when ya'll are reunited!(But also bittersweet because it will mean your DCP is over.:sad1:)

The Earning My Ears hats are TOO cool-did not know those existed!I bet ya'll looked too sharp in those!:)

How neat that you work with a CM from Austrailia!I LOVE that accent!:)

Whenever I meet a CM from Austrailia at WDW,I ask them to talk for me!LOL:)

They are ALWAYS so friendly!The Land Down Under should be very proud of their WDW CMs!:)

Thanks so much for the Universal/IOA walk-a-bout.:)

I have been to WDW 23 times and I just CANNOT make myself take time from WDW and "give" it to UOR,but I always feel like I am "cheating" myself being so close and not going over there.:)

Maybe your report will help me "pull the trigger"-I will have to talk it over with Mickey first.;):)

Woohoo so many updates! We loved our trip to universal and the mummy was my DD fav, I think we did it 6 or 7 times :).

Keep up the great work Jess! Loving it

I just started reading your report and I just can't get enough. You are such a great writer and so funny. I am constantly laughing. :goodvibes
Can you share with me what countdown app and wait time app you use on your phone? We are going back to Disney in November and I am trying to find a good Disney app for my phone. Thanks!

Woot!woot! Congratulations!!!! That has to be an amazing feeling to be all caught up!!!!

I guess we are going to have try to squeeze Universal in because those rides sound amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you for the wonderful explination of the Harry Potter ride without giving it away! I've been curious about it for a while but couldn't find anyone to actually discribe what the ride does. Much appreciated!

:cool1: Updates-apalooza! :cool1: What an accomplishment considering how busy you are.

Your castle pic is perfect. The reflection is so clear; it looks like an ad.

Boo! No more Pixar Pals parade? It's so colorful and the characters are so Incredible! (Pun intended :))

OMG! The fireplace at Whispering Canyon! We want to eat there next trip but so glad to know about the fireplace. The fireplace at our favorite anniversary spot is similar. Thanks for letting us know it's there.

Gaahh! What a treat to enjoy breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace since it's rarely open. It's so peaceful to take a break in there and the view is so relaxing. :cloud9:

Hot dogs on a pretzel bun?! Now they just have to offer that at Casey's and I'm done. :faint:

Congrats on earning your ears and wearing with all of the other CMs!:earsboy:

Thanks again for the updates.Stay wonderful! :thanks:

Hey Jess!

I have finally caught up on this TR and I am loving it!! You had me hooked on your Christmas TR (which made me plan a trip this last holiday season, which was awesome!) and now you're making me wish I was still in college so I could do the DCP! Ha!!
I would love to plan another trip this summer, but we'll see how things go! Thank you so much for writing this! It takes care of my Disney blues until I can get back! ;)

Wow, you are all caught up! Years from now you are going to be so glad that you kept such an amazing account of everything you did at this time in your Disney life!

Guess what I am going to do today?! I am going to the Disney store to get my park hopper tickets for my fall trip. Yay!!!

Yay for you getting all caught up! :cool1:

OMG I loved your IoA/Universal updates! They make me want to go back again so badly! So glad you had an amazing time there! The frozen Butterbeer sounds delicious, I didn't know they had a non carbonated one! I do not like soda so I will definitely have to check that version out!

I learn something new from your updates every time. Like a hot dog on a pretzel bun at DHS? Yes, please! ::yes::

Yeah!!! I am glad you ventured off property!

Now that you are a CM and have seen the inner workings of the company, you can have fun comparing how the competition does business..... Plus, new food!:cool1:

It also will help out talking with the guests. Having knowledge about central Florida will come in handy.

Jess,
You have so much energy--thank you for your optimistic attitude, childlike excitement (it's so refreshing) and CP Reports.
Having never been to WWHP either, it was fun to see your pictures. Are you in a hurry to get back or was once enough for a while?
Have a magical day!
Rebecca

Jess, first let me thank you for sharing your CP experience with us. I am really enjoying it, as is my DD16 who is a sophomore in HIgh School right now.

We are coming to WDW this summer (YC CL! Hooray!) and doing one day at Universal for the first time. DS12 refuses to go on roller coasters, but he has been very interested in the one he sees on the commercial 'where your feet hang down.' I noticed your description of Dueling Dragons as having you feet dangling down. Did you notice any other coasters that were like this? I am just trying to make sure we plan on hitting the right one, in the hopes that he actually might try it. Thanks!

Looking forward to your next set of updates

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So excited you went to Universal! We are going next week. My son insists we do some non-Disney stuff this trip :scared1: Anyway, we are HUGE Harry Potter fans so we can not wait to see it!

I'm a longtime Disney lover, but somehow only recently discovered DIS and trip reports! Have been catching up on yours, and just wanted to thank you for documenting this wonderful journey you are on.

You seem like an amazing young woman, and as a fellow Disney obsessed person, I'm so excited for you and the fantastic experience you are having. Thank you, thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us Disney dreamers!

I have to comment on your Mummy ride yesterday because I also love it SO MUCH! Last time we were at WDW we had a Universal day (pre Harry Potter) and by some wonderful circumstance (predicted thunderstorms?) we had the park almost to ourselves. My kids and I rode Mummy 9 times in a row - no one was in line - so we just kept getting off and running back through to ride again. My DH was sitting across the way on a bench watching us & cracking up (he doesn't like rides - except the PeopleMover - how can that be?). We finally had to stop only because the smell of the propane in the fire room was starting to make me feel sick.

Looking forward to more updates about your adventures!

Congrats on getting all caught up! I've enjoyed the updates! :)

I saw that you got the Tables in Wonderland card and I was wondering if I should get one too during my program since I plan to go to a lot of restaurants.

Could you say how much it costs?

Also, would you say there are additional benefits to having it other than getting the discount for dinner at World Showcase restaurants?

Thank You! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter