DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

WOW!You really are the consummate DISNEY EXPERT!:)

It seems like each of your updates contains something I have never known about!:)

I never knew Sonny had his own stickers!:)

Go Yew Nork!:)

It is almost time for you to be named TOTM for March(hopefully and deservedly!):)

I see you're from the Buffalo area (the airport gave it away) and so am I!! It's nice to see another Buffalonian here!

March 20th, 2013 (Part 2) - THE BEST PIN TRADE EVER/SPLASH MOUNTAIN IS OPEN AGAIN!!!

I had to take a picture of the Monster topiaries. THEY ARE SO PERFECT.

The line in Port of Entry was super long, so I thought we could redeem our map at the Pin Central in Future World. Unfortunately we couldn’t because they only sell the maps there... but our trip was not useless.

Now, we all know my pin addiction. Well, I usually NEVER look at the people who bring their pin books to the pin trading tables at this place. However, for some reason I went up to a guy today and started looking at his pins. Oh God.

He had some INCREDIBLE pins. He told me he was a novice pin trader and he is really looking for Mickey and Minnie pins. He has a collection of thousands! His daughter also collects Stitch pins. So he was just a really precious pin trading Dad. He said that the pins he had on display were the ones he used to trade for Mickey and Minnie pins.

So I had a 101 Dalmatians pin that I wanted to trade, and I asked him if he would trade it for something. He said he would trade his TOY STORY MANIA BUZZ LIGHTYEAR PIN FOR IT. Umm… yes. Yes yes yes.

Then I told him I was going to look at my pins and I would be RIGHT BACK. There was a Figment pin that he had that I was OBSESSED with. I needed to have it.

So Surge and I went back to the Port of Entry store and Surge got in line to redeem our Easter Egg Hunt sheets. We got Vinylmation key chains as our prize! I got the Simba one and he got the Goofy one.

In the meantime, I NEEDED MICKEY AND MINNIE PINS. So I bought three of them: I bought this one with Mickey, Minnie, and a purple and silver castle, a “Be Mine” Mickey and Minnie Valentine pin, and a Mickey Mouse pin with an opening gate. I WAS READY TO TRADE.

So I went back to the guy and I traded the Mickey/Minnie/Purple Castle pin for the Figment pin! He actually took that pin in his special stash so he could put in on his bulletin board at home. YES.

Then I also asked if he wanted the other ones. He was definitely interested, especially in the heart one! For that one, I traded for the most GORGEOUS Aladdin and Jasmine magic carpet pin! He said he has been holding onto that pin for a long time and he was waiting for the right person to trade it to. And he also told me that my Mickey and Minnie pin was going to a good home. WHAT A SWEET HEART!

Then for my last trade, for the opening gates Mickey pin, I traded for a Haunted Mansion pin where Mickey and Pluto are the old man and the dog. MOST AWESOME PIN EVER.

Continued in Next Post

Omg I love splash mountain. I used to work there once upon a time on my cp. Those were the greatest days ever! Good luck on the remaining days. This experience will define a huge chapter in your book of memories. Make that magic!

Love your commitment to this board. It almost kills me doing a trip report for 1 week and you've been at it for months! So, here's an official business question.......I have a friend who is booking for May. Is there free dining in May?

Wonderful updates, Jess. Love keeping up with you on the boards and really hoping my DD has the chance to do a CP.
Absolutely LOVE your photos. Just got a Canon Rebel EOS T4i for Christmas. Haven't had many great opportunities with it yet, but hoping to practice a lot more with it before this summer. I do know I don't care for the kit lens that came with it. Not enough zoom.

This is my fist post ever. I was really excited when my family checked into CSR yesterday and Jess was there. I'm 30 and I felt like a fan girl meeting you Jess! Thanks so much for making my son's day! He is obsessed with balloons and was so happy. Jess is a super sweet person in real life too.

Loving your report! My dh wanted to apply to the CP when we were in college (many years ago) and I never took him seriously, now I wish I had. Congratulations for working to make your dreams come true

A.

I just HAD to share this with you!
I've been subscribed to your thread for a while now and, well, you know how they say, "everything happens for a reason?" Well, I found out what the reason is that I picked your thread to be the first I have ever subscribed to!
Last week my brother told me that my niece had applied for & was accepted into the DCP!! I had NO CLUE that she had even applied! My niece has a very serious boyfriend (4 years) so she was starting to re-think before accepting their offer. I was so excited for her & shot her off an email with a link to your thread! I told her not to skip the once in a lifetime opportunities that life offers her. If she does, she will one day regret it. That as we get older, life can get in the way. I gave her loads of encouragement!
Two mornings later at just a little past 5am, I got an email from her. She told me that she was telling me first that SHE ACCEPTED!!!! :banana: ...She told me first because I was the most supportive person, besides her Dad who she told a few hours after. He jokingly sent me an email telling me it is all my fault! LOL!
I am so proud of her and excited for her!!
But I wanted to shoot you a special THANKS for having this thread! Without it, I would have said, "What's the DCP?" pixiedust:

Hey Jess,

I just returned Disney last night:guilty:. I kept an eye out for you while I was there. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet you. I did however see Mark one day while I was in Hollywood Studios, it was pretty cool to see someone from your trip report.

I can't wait to catch up on you Trip Report.

I love the Citrus Swirls, but I will ALWAYS be a Dole Whip kinda girl.

THE ORANGE BIRD CUP ♥

Mmmmmmm the pezzi parmesan bread you ordered looks DELICIOUS. Yum!

The Easter Egg Hunt looked really cool! That is definitely one of the best things they have had for Limited Time Magic thus far.

You have SUCH good luck with getting pins. Those are awesome!!!!

SPLASHHHH!!!!

That is SOOOOO cool that you got to watch Wishes from Splash. That must have been awesome!!!!

Hey Jess,

I just returned Disney last night:guilty:. I kept an eye out for you while I was there. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet you. I did however see Mark one day while I was in Hollywood Studios, it was pretty cool to see someone from your trip report.

I can't wait to catch up on you Trip Report.

Hey,

You saw me?!? Why didn't you say hi??

Love

Mark

Just stopping by to wish you a...

Easter-3.jpg

It's been several weeks since I've stopped by... I hope that th CP is going well for you... I hope to catch up soon.

D~

March 21st, 2013 - The Four Amigos Go To Crystal Palace

Today I got up early and headed out the door! It was my last day I could sleep in but I wanted to get up and go to Magic Kingdom with my friends!

10848027556_3909a2e95d_z.jpg

We were dining at Crystal Palace this morning for breakfast! Not too bad for making the reservation the night before!

We checked in and only had to wait a few minutes. Then we were brought right to our table! YAY! Our waitress’ name was Sherri and she took very good care of us!

Tigger was there RIGHT when we were brought to our table, so we had to bounce over and take some adorable pictures with him!

dsc1282az.jpg

dsc1283z.jpg

dsc1284s.jpg

Then the characters had the Friendship Day celebration parade, so we ran up to the buffet! I got my favorite – PUFFED FRENCH TOAST! Even though I had to wait for a new batch to come out it was OKAY because it was SO worth it!!! I also got some EXTREMELY good scrambled eggs and some breakfast lasagna, too!

dsc1289i.jpg

Mark always makes the most beautiful plates here at Crystal Palace:

dsc1286b.jpg

Then Pooh Bear came by and he was so bouncy today! Lots of hugs for everybody!

dsc1287h.jpg

I got my second plate of food with more puffed french toast, (which was a crowd pleaser. AGAIN!) eggs, and a croissant. YUM YUM CARBS! Those croissants were SO fluffy and buttery! Perfection.

dsc1290i.jpg

When we went back to sit down, Eeyore visited us! He was so sad and gloomy. We told him to cheer up! I gave him a big hug so he would feel better.

dsc1291n.jpg

Piglet was our last character and he was just adorable. He’s so tiny and little. And he’s pink! SO CUTE!!

dsc1292h.jpg

Tigger came around one last time for some pictures:

dsc1293y.jpg

dsc1294t.jpg

Pooh came by one more time to say hi!

dsc1296v.jpg

We left Crystal Palace and headed out to enjoy the rest of what Magic Kingdom had to offer! IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY! And this is one of my favorite pictures of all time:

img9592b.jpg

Then we were off! We wanted to go on Splash Mountain but it was TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. WHAT!?!?!

So we went on Haunted Mansion instead. It was really fun but I was so sleepy during the whole thing. It was nice to just be in the dark and to ride along with my favorite ghosts.

img9587e.jpg

img9588n.jpg

Then since the ride was still down, we decided on the Country Bear Jamboree! Sergio had never seen it and Shane wanted to take a picture of it for his uncle since it's his uncle’s favorite attraction. Everyone thought it was HILARIOUS. They thought it was SO extremely frumpy and I totally agree. My favorite part is “all the guys that turn me on turn me down.” CRACKS ME UP!

dsc1297fl.jpg

dsc1298h.jpg

img9568b.jpg

After that we walked back to Splash Mountain and saw that some logs were testing. So we lingered outside for a little bit just hoping for a stroke of luck... and in about 5 MINUTES they started loading people into the ride!!! We walked right on and THANK GOD I had time to go on before I had to leave!

img9591it.jpg

img9589rt.jpg

dsc1299uh.jpg

dsc1300j.jpg

dsc1301z.jpg

I’m so happy everything worked out because I got to be there for Mark and Shane’s first rides! They were expecting to get so much more wet but they LOVED IT. We had so much fun trying to trick them of when the drop was. It was too funny. Ahh I love Splash Mountain! WELCOME BACK, BABY!!!!!!

dsc1302pw.jpg

After that I had to go to Communications. I got out of class at 4:15 today.

So I went over to Mark’s and brought all of my stuff over. I started organizing my pins some more and we threw some laundry in. EVERYONE and their mother was doing laundry today at Patterson Court. I don’t even know.

Then Mark and I went to Publix and did a little shopping, I did laundry, I called my Mom, and I worked on trip reports for the rest of the night.

Continued in Next Post

March 22, 2013 - Concierge Training Day 2 and Les Chefs de France!

I had training this morning at 7:15 am! It was POURING rain outside when we left Coronado at 3:15 pm.

Kelsey and I wanted to go out to dinner after work tonight! We had a reservation at France but not until 8:50 pm.

I was starving so I got a "snack" (aka dinner #1) at Yorkshire County Fish Shop! It was a Friday during Lent anyway so having a fish fry was not a bad idea!

We found this tiny seating area near Rose and Crown and enjoyed our “snacks” there. It was so good! They were such high quality fish and chips.

dsc1304c.jpg

After that we headed in to The Land pavilion. It was getting chilly and windy outside so going inside sounded beautiful. Kelsey had never been on Living with the Land before so I had to take her on that! She really enjoyed it especially because she’s a very earthy person. The greenhouses were so intriguing to her and she loved seeing how all of the plants were grown!

dsc1305d.jpg

We were going to head back to France after the ride, however there was a DOWNPOUR going on outside. So we decided to duck in the Circle of Life theater and watch the movie just because we still had a bit to wait for our reservation anyways.

We both really enjoyed the movie. Timon and Pumbaa CRACK ME UP! Plus I love all of the video clips of the animals at the beginning. It’s like my favorite thing.

After the movie we looked outside and the rain stopped. We were brought to France and they let us check in. We only had to wait a little while before we were brought to our table!

I ordered the pre-fixe menu and I was EXCITED. I started with the phenomenal lobster bisque. Seriously, if you are a lobster bisque fan, you HAVE to try it at Les Chefs de France. It’s some of the best I have ever had. It’s so creamy and the flavor is so perfect. It’s prepared exactly how lobster bisque should be!

dsc1306p.jpg

Then as far as entrées, Kelsey and I both got the macaroni and cheese. Kelsey was BLOWN AWAY. She deemed it one of the best macaroni and cheeses she has EVER had. I don’t think she expected it to be the way it was because, you know, it’s fancy mac and cheese. I’m just so glad she ended up liking it! It has such a unique and wonderful taste to it. I tried to eat as much as I could because I just couldn’t get enough!

dsc1307e.jpg

Then for dessert Kelsey got the crème brulee, which she loved!

dsc1308l.jpg

I got the strawberry cream cake with raspberry sorbet. I LOVED THIS DESSERT. I don’t know when they added it, but I am a HUGE fan. I love fruity flavored desserts so this was right up my alley. MAJOR WIN, FRANCE. Major win.

dsc1309z.jpg

We left while IllumiNations was going on so the crowd was headed to the parking lot at the same time as us. Kelsey dropped me back at the apartment and then I headed inside and went to bed.

Continued in Next Post

March 23th-26th, 2013

March 23rd, 2013 - Le Cellier

Today was training day 3 for concierge. It was a 6:45 am – 3:15 pm shift today.

Around 5 o’clock I headed next door because Shane, Cody, and I were going to Le Cellier for dinner tonight! Cody made a reservation ages ago because his friends were supposed to vacation in Disney this week but they didn’t end up coming. So we got the reservation instead! Yay yay!

We went 30 minutes before our ADR time and they told us to come back in 15 minutes. So we went on O Canada in the meantime. I haven’t seen it before and it was really cute. Martin Short was so funny but I can only picture him as Jack Frost! The show has a cheesy factor to it but since I’m a big cheeseball I thought all of the corny jokes were funny. Also, the Canada song was stuck in my head ALL NIGHT.

CANADAAAA, CANADAAA, OHHH, CANADAAA.

Then we went back to check in and had to wait 35 minutes to be seated.

Once we finally made it to our table, the fun began.

By fun I mean PRETZEL BREAD. One of God’s most beautiful creations was brought right to us. It was so soft and cooked perfectly, just like usual!

So not only THAT but we also all got CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP. Hellooooo wonderful! It tasted phenomenal. There’s nothing quite like it!

dsc1313k.jpg

Then we got our steaks!

dsc0004ea.jpg

They don't have the mashed potatoes anymore, sadly. But honestly... the risotto was AMAZING. I used to be so scared of it but HOLY COW it’s absolutely awesome!!! I’m definitely not scared anymore. I have also acquired quite the taste for mushrooms in certain dishes and this one was super good!!

dsc0006nb.jpg

The boys were both really happy with their first Le Cellier experience! I am so glad they got to eat there. Having a good steak just tasted wonderful!

For dessert they got the White Chocolate Cheesecake which they thought was delicious! They really loved it!

dsc0007fp.jpg

I just had to get the chocolate moose! Even though he’s on the kid’s menu (because I am 5 after all) they still let me order him! The chocolate moose tasted WONDERFUL and they changed his antlers! They are little pieces of chocolate now instead of cookies.

dsc0008uwd.jpg

We walked out of Le Cellier stuffed to the brim! Shane drove us home and then I just went to my room.

I caught up on my journaling until about 10:15 pm and then it was bedtime. GOOD NIGHT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24th, 2013 - Concierge Training Day 4

Another early morning. Woohoo. I was up at 5 am and headed over to work for another 6:45 am – 3:15 pm shift.

I left Coronado around 3:30 pm and headed home. I got home and there was a big package sitting on the counter for me. I opened it and it was an Easter basket from my Mom. SHE'S THE BEST AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Oh my God. What an angel. Like, look at the Disney princess basket she got me!!! It's perfect!

img9616l.jpg

Then the most beautiful thing of the week happened to me.

I GOT TO TAKE A NAP.

People, it was 1.5 hours of glorious sleep. Ahh so much love.

Mark called and woke me up because he was on his way home. He was coming over to work on our hospitality project. After we were done with that I just worked on trip reports all night!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 25th, 2013

Today was the day I finished up my Concierge training! MY CONCIERGE EARS WERE EARNED! HOORAY!!!!!!

I left work and went home. I took a shower, wrote trip reports, worked on our hospitality project with Bobby, and worked on more trip reports.

March 26th, 2013

I worked from 2:15 to 9:15 pm today! It was my first shift at the concierge desk all by myself!

Continued in Next Post

I'm officially caught up! I love so many of your pictures, especially the one of the Monsters University at sunset. Its perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter