DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Although I rarely post, I have been enthusiastically following this trip report (and others you have written). I agree with the other suggestions of blocking people that can’t play nice. So sad that people have to make such comments. Please, continue to tell us all that you can about your experiences! I’ve been sharing your journey with my 9 year old son and now he wants to do the CP. Thank you for sharing your stories.

If you're in college (especially if you are a CP at Disney) and not enjoying your life, then you're missing the point! Enjoy the food and the parks and your off time and your work time! You'll never regret it.

As to all of the judgers, they've either never been young, forgotten what it's like to be young, or missed the point when they were young. Thanks for sharing-shrug these people offthe best you can. And then block them. ;)

I'm a long time lurker and have read all of your trip reports (and loved them all!). It is ridiculous that people feel the need to bring you down. You are currently living my dream life and I so look forward to new pictures on instagram as well as your updates! They make my days a little easier! You are the type of cast member that makes Disney truly magical and it is so wonderful to hear about the pixie dust that you make happen. And please fully enjoy the warm Florida weather for us northerners suffering through this cold, icky winter!

Keep being awesome and making Disney even more magical!

I can't get over how rude some people can be ,I honestly think that you are doing amazing things and people are either jealous or very unhappy with themselves if they feel they need to judge you.Everything you said I stand by 100%. i hate that toxic people made you feel like you needed to explain because you don't .I think the way you expressed yourself shows that you are beyond capable of making proper decisions for yourself,seriously at your age I wasn't that mature and I'm quite impressed!!! You couldn't have handled it any better. Sending you lots of support!!

Jess, don't even worry about what certain people say. You ARE bringing magic into our lives, just by being so happy and so kind to share your DCP experience! I'm still in high school, and by reading this report you give me something to look forward to every day after school, just by reading your posts and all the comments everyone else makes. So just keep doing what you do, because you have way more fans than people who are going to make comments like that! :goodvibes

Jess!

You are an awesome person! Thank you for sharing your DCP with us.

I have not been posting either because I know you are a busy person but I have been reading along and enjoying your adventures!

Thank you! Over & Over!

Tina :)

sorry some people are being so mean and I am sure jealous. I LOVE your reports and all the food pics! Disney food is awesome! If I can't be there to eat it, looking at the pics are the next best thing. :thumbsup2 Keep up great reports!

Hi Jess.:wave2:
I am sick at home today and just read thru the whole thing.! Thanks so much for the links! :thumbsup2
I am a mom of 4 and i just have to say how proud i am of you.:cheer2:
Really. hugs girl. you are doing awesome things at a very young age.

Keep trying out to be that princess that you are! princess:

KIM:flower3:

I love your bulletin board! So many awesome pictures on there :-)

YOUR DUFFY IS SO CUTE.

Pepper Market seems like one of the most amazing quick service restaurants. The burritos look so good!

I want your job. Or just any job at Disney really. It is so awesome that you get to make magic for guests EVERY SINGLE DAY.

WOW. Disney did such a great job with the theming for the Wreck it Ralph meet and greet!

THAT LITTLE GREEN MEN CUP OMG. I neeeeed that! That is too cute.

I am so sorry you are getting comments like that. My mom commented through my account on here earlier today and she said how I look up to you and I do! I am planning on doing the DCP when that time comes around and I LOVE following along on social media and on here with your CP. It is great to read about your experiences and you do not deserve those rude comments! People are just mean. You work hard every single day and you are making good choices. You are living your dream and I love that. That is exactly what I want to do ♥

I don’t know WHYYYY I haven’t been to Kona. Everything just looks SOOOOOO GOOD.

Posting again to say I totally agree with what Plaid Sheep said! The fact that you landed a role in Concierge says a lot about it - you are mature beyond your years. I don't know how it works but if you can, please BLOCK the negative posters. Also, I so appreciate all the time you devote to writing up your posts and pictures - please keep sharing! :flower3:

Another faithful lurker here. I am so sorry that folks bothered you to the point that you felt the need to address them.

You are an impressive young lady. I am in awe of your positive and happy outlook on life, please please please NEVER lose that. I am also insanely impressed with your energy!

There will always be folks in life that want to bring you down, but that is because you posses talents/attributes that they long for themselves.

You keep doing what you are doing, and enjoy this time in your life. You are learning important life lessons/skills, and having a great time doing it. Youth is a gift that is fleeting, but I can see that you are enjoying every moment of it! This "diary" will be amazing for you to look back on one day :-)

AHHH Jess I love your posts. I follow you on instagram and "heart" basically everything lol... I'm a little older than you, and for the life of me, can't figure out why anyone would say anything negative about what you do, eat, say, like, don't like, wear, don't wear, do cart wheels, weave, bake, lick or take pics of. I think that people are jealous, much like other people say!! it's true. they all want the life you have :) I know b/c i'm in my 20's and i've lived through all of it, and people can't help themselves. Eat your heart out!! Take those pics, go to the parks and ENJOY this little piece of life!! It's gonna go by FAST and you'll be mad at yourself if you let others sway what you do. :) In the meantime, you have like, thousands of people who love you and your posts!! :thumbsup2

What's that saying? " Be who you are and say what you feel, those that matter won't mind and those that mind, don't matter.. :)

I totally believe this quote!! You are living the life some of us "young mothers" wished we would have gotten to do. I would never ever trade my children for anything but I do sometimes think about what it would have ben like to do something like this and live carefree. You just keep being the princess that we know you are and pay no mind to "hatas" :) Put your hater blockers on and enjoy every moment! :cool1:

P.S. Totally love your bulletin board too and love escaping reality to read your TR'S!

I am a little more than twice your age :) and LOVE LOVE reading your updates, etc. I just returned from a week long trip on 2/24 and was honestly hoping to see you at one of the parks, lol - my 14 year old niece would have been like "who is that??" :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your magical experience with us - with the work, classes, etc. i am grateful you take the time to write your updates! :thumbsup2

Not posting often but wanted you to know that I keep reading along and have gone back to read your older TRs. Thank you for sharing your adventures! Had I been given the opportunity to live and work in Disney when I was your age, I would have run with it as far as it would have taken me. I didn't know about the CP then (or maybe I'm so old it didn't exist :lmao:). Now is your chance to do all the things you dream of. Don't ever let anyone else's comments keep you from living your life/dreams. You have no responsiblities or worries to hold you back. Have fun! Enjoy your time there! Time passes by so quickly. Take in every moment and have no regrets.
And thank you again. Really enjoying hearing all about your experiences. :)

Oh yummy pictures from Kona, I could happily live on the bread alone :)

Keep up the great updates, they make me smile every day :)

I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your CP journey with all of us! 2013 is my first year away from WDW in awhile and your trip report is really helping me with my withdrawals. :)

As a soon to be mom, I would be elated if my child made the same choices that you're making during your college years. You seem to have such a good head on your shoulders. I already told my DH that I want to encourage our son to look into the DCP when he's of age. :goodvibes

Jess, I just wanted to say thank you for your trip report. It is very snowy in our area this week and I happened upon your report. My daughter, a freshman in high school, can't wait to go to college so she can work at Disney! Reading your report today not only helped with the winter blahs, but also gives me a glimpse into how her DCP days may go. Thanks again!

Hi Jess!! I am so sorry that some people are so rude and insensitive!! :confused: I love the fact that you get to go eat at all of these wonderful restaurants around Disney!! It is great to see all of your pictures so I know where to go next time I am there!

I started following you after finding your Hilton Head TR and just fell in love with you!! My niece did the CP last year at this time and she literally went into the MK to watch Wishes every night she was there!!! She was lucky enough to work at AK at Safari so she would get off early! She still is considered seasonal and was there over Christmas to work so she stays current with her seasonal status!! She too did everything Disney when she was there!! That is what you are supposed to do!! I think that will make you a better employee!! You meet new people and learn new things about Disney every day you are there!!

:thanks: For sharing your adventures with us!! I especially loved seeing your mom and nana! They are so sweet and your parents have done a great job raising such a sweet and mature young woman!!

Keep living the dream!! pixiedust:

Jess, you are amazing. We all love and appreciate the fact you chose to share your DCP experience with us....thank you for the time and effort you put into your reports, they are such a pleasure to read and I look forward to your updates each day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter