DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Did anyone else happen to take a good look at Jess with Aladdin and Jasmine and picture Jasmine's hair on Jess?? You could EASILY be Jasmine's friend!! Just saying!

Jess,Thank you SO much for the link to that precious little girl's video!!!!:)

She is closing in on 14,000 views!!!!:)

When your DCP Diary is completed,I will remember all the amazing info,pictures and just plain fun that your Diary is bringing to DISers,but I think I will remember your heartwarming decision to include that link in your Diary more than anything.:)

I thought I was having a hard day until I saw that video.

I wasn't.

I'm cought up again. :idea: Jess I was wondering if you and Kristen are going to write a book on Y'alls Disney Adventures?(Disney Adventures with the Frumps):lmao: Then the Disney movie after that... :happytv: popcorn::

Luv the updates. I cry every time i watch Lisa's video. I really hope they reach 15,000 for her birthday

February 18th, 2013 (Part 2) - Fort Wilderness!

Hooray for Hollywood!

dsc0246tw.jpg

dsc0247hp.jpg

Then it was time for our Star Tours fastpass! The ride-through we had today was COMPLETELY different from any one I have had before! It was awesome!!!

After that, Dea and I went over to Rock N Rollercoaster. Mark met us here for a couple hours because he was in Studios!

Even though we had fastpasses, it still took a good 25-30 minutes to get on Rockin. The crowds were heavy this week!

We did have a super fun ride though! Dea loved the takeoff at the beginning it is crazy!! We were in the third and fourth rows!

After that, we headed over to One Mans Dream! Mark had to leave at that point so we said our goodbyes. We finished off our park day by watching the movie about the man who started it all. Everyone loved it. Every time I watch this movie, I just feel so proud and inspired by such an incredible man. Walt had such a good heart and strong ambitions, and I cant believe that ONE MAN created everything so many of us live for today.

Not to mention... THIS. Can you believe we were staring at this scaled down model for so long and now it's a REALITY!?! Like, dreams really do come true.

dsc0248qsr.jpg

We left DHS after that.

dsc0250bp.jpg

dsc0251m.jpg

dsc0252h.jpg

We went back to Wilderness Lodge and changed.

img8644g.jpg

Look what our mousekeepers did today! Muffin and Nana's Duffy are friends.

dsc0253qm.jpg

Also there was a little mouse washcloth! Nana wanted to take him home so bad.

dsc0254so.jpg

Then we headed over to the boat dock to take a boat over to Fort Wilderness!

dsc0255bq.jpg

dsc0257ym.jpg

dsc0258di.jpg

HELLO, BEAUTIFUL.

dsc0259zo.jpg

HOWDY, Y'ALL.

dsc0260lm.jpg

Nana remembered how we took a carriage ride in 2004 when we traveled to Disney with my other cousin Justine. So we went up to see if there were any openings, and there were no reservations booked tonight! So we were able to hop right on!

dsc0261py.jpg

We had the same exact cast member and horse from when my Mom and I went on our Christmas carriage ride in 2011. It was so funny that they were both still there and that we had them again!

The ride was pleasant and very relaxing. We went through the campgrounds and saw many beautiful parts of Fort Wilderness. Dea was excited that she got to go on pretty much every form of transportation at Disney!

After that, we went into the gift shop. I am collecting t-shirts and pins from every resort, so I collected my Fort Wilderness merchandise. I also traded pins because they had a pin book in there! I found a Jasmine/Belle pin as well as a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom pin with Facillier!

Then we went to the other pin station and they had a book as well! I traded for a Pluto pin and another friendship boat pin.

Then we went to check-in for Hoop Dee Doo! They were lining up for the pictures and we were second in line! Being there early was super nice because I felt like we were filed through so fast!

dsc0264o.jpg

dsc0262dh.jpg

dsc0263sq.jpg

After our picture, we had to wait by Pioneer Hall for about 30 minutes for them to open the doors. At 8:30 pm they brought us right to our table and we had a GREAT view of the stage!

dsc0265h.jpg

There was salad and THE MOST INCREDIBLE CORN BREAD IN THE ENTIRE WORLD waiting for us on the table. So we enjoyed that while we waited for the show to begin!

dsc0268dc.jpg

The salad was also WONDERFUL. The lettuce was fresh and it was tossed in a very delicious Italian dressing!

dsc0267id.jpg

I got pomegranate lemonade to drink.

dsc0269m.jpg

HOOP DEE DOO!

dsc0271lq.jpg

dsc0272nl.jpg

Continued in Next Post

February 18th, 2013 (Part 3) - YAHOO! HOOP DEE DOO!

Then the Pioneer Hall Players came on stage and started singing and dancing up there on that stage! It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!! It has been a few years since I have been to Hoop Dee Doo so I was SUPER excited to be back!!!

dsc0278f.jpg

dsc0282ae.jpg

dsc0283po.jpg

I absolutely loved every character in this show. I LOVED Miss Flora Long (yellow dress) because she is probably one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. She looks like Belle, too. So she should like also be in Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. Or Broadway. Whatever she wants because she's perfect.

dsc0284uu.jpg

dsc0285kud.jpg

After a song or two they started bringing out our dinners! There were pork ribs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and pork & beans. Everything was PHENOMENAL. My favorites were the fried chicken and the mashed potatoes. The ribs were so good too, though! GAHH everything was amazing, lets be honest.

dsc0287cc.jpg

dsc0289ji.jpg

dsc0288hn.jpg

dsc0290ga.jpg

MY PLATE. NOM NOM NOM I WANT IT AGAIN.

dsc0291xl.jpg

Then we went through the other acts such as "they come from all over when they come!" where the audience tells them where they are from and they make up a little rhyming song about their state. My favorite was Massachusetts because they were like and he has come here down from Mass and hes sitting on his...... chair. Too funny!!

dsc0294gz.jpg

They also celebrated birthdays and honeymoons/anniversaries. They did the hokey pokey too which was way too funny. They also did a banjo/ukulele contest and a singing contest!

dsc0295c.jpg

When the red-head, Miss Dolly Drew, picked her audience participant, she chose a man named Pete. Pete was very... pushy. He was probably the most openly flirty audience member she has ever had. And it was HILARIOUS. I don't think Dolly knew what to do!

dsc0298f.jpg

dsc0300nj.jpg

STRAW. STRAWBERRY. STRAWBERRY SHORT. STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE!

dsc0301brn.jpg

dsc0304js.jpg

They brought out our dessert which was strawberry shortcake. Let me tell you... IT WAS AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF. Oh my God. It was even better than I remembered!! The food was just too phenomenal here.

dsc0305kl.jpg

dsc0314ky.jpg

dsc0306iw.jpg

dsc0311gt.jpg

Claire De Lune was THE FUNNIEST though. Oh my goodness. She was a RIOT. She is such a flirt and her puns are just the funniest.

dsc0316ef.jpg

Continued in Next Post

February 18th, 2013 (Part 4) - YAHOO! HOOP DEE DOO!

All of the girls were FANTASTIC. I loved them so much because they each had their own hilarious qualities.

dsc0317da.jpg

dsc0318arw.jpg

dsc0321j.jpg

dsc0322xj.jpg

dsc0323km.jpg

dsc0327vh.jpg

dsc0329ib.jpg

dsc0330k.jpg

Then they did the story of Davy Crockett which is always enjoyable! The audience participants were great!

dsc0332lr.jpg

dsc0334na.jpg

dsc0335at.jpg

dsc03352n.jpg

dsc0336k.jpg

So anyways, the show ended and they brought out the washboards so we could play along. We all had an AMAZING time and it was the perfect way to end off our girls trip!

We took the bus back to Wilderness Lodge and headed right to bed when we got home!

Continued in Next Post

February 19th, 2013 - Back to Normal CP Life!

This morning we all got up early and packed up the room. We went down to Roaring Fork to have our breakfast and use up the rest of our dining plan credits!

Even though this wasn't on the menu, I asked for Mickey Waffles with fresh strawberries and fresh bananas! They were happy to accommodate my request and YUM that was a wonderful choice!

img8669g.jpg

Dea got the mickey waffles with chocolate chips! That looked like a mousterpiece!

img8673u.jpg

We went back up to the room and grabbed all of their carry-ons/my luggage. Goodbye, my wonderful view!

dsc0341o.jpg

dsc0338cg.jpg

dsc0339t.jpg

BE STILL MY HEART.

img8679kp.jpg

We brought my stuff out to the car and we said our goodbyes. It was really sad because my Mom doesn't know when shes coming back yet (hopefully soon!) and I wont be seeing Nana and Dea until the end of August! We really had an incredible trip though and Im SO happy they were able to visit!

I drove back to my apartment and decided to go to the gym! All of that food over the past week was great but it was weighing me down a bit.

After I worked out, I decided to lay by the pool! It was actually REALLY beautiful outside and I havent gotten to lay out once yet! I had about an hour and a half before I had to start getting ready for class, so thats what I did. Mark came down and joined me so we had a nice time in the sun!

img8682o.jpg

Then we went back and I got ready for class at 1:30 pm. We went to class and I did quite a bit of doodling today.

img8690x.jpg

After class was over, Mark, Sergio, and I went to Chick-Fil-A! We didn't really have any food at our apartments, so this was our stop before grocery shopping. I got a grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit salad. YUM!

Then we went to Publix and got our food! Yay!

We came back to the apartments and basically I spent 3-4 hours putting stuff away and cleaning. It was much needed!

I was so happy to come home and see this done to our fridge. All credit goes to Lindsay. She's perfect.

img8691d.jpg

I collected a ton of pins over the past week so they all got put away in my pin book!

img8692m.jpg

All of that park touring over the past week made me very tired, so it was off to bed!

Continued in Next Post

I'm really enjoying your updates. You've got some wonderful photos. Sounds like you had a great time with your family. We'll be back at the World in 31 days time :) and will be looking out for you. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures xx

Hi Jess, I'm Judy, Lisa's Mom (you posted the video link to her MAW reveal). I am speechless! I had a message to come over and read the last few pages of this TR and I am in tears. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for trying to help us get her video views up. I even think your boyfriend (Preston?) might have left her a comment! Lisa was featured on our local hospitals' facebook page Monday for being a Heart Hero. Her video views started to increase in the morning though, so I am certain I have you to partially thank for that!

I have only read the last few pages so far; however, I have fallen in love with your happy disposition and your warm heart. You COULD be one of my children! I don't often have time to post; however, you DO have a new loyal reader. And my gratitude! I wish I could take a trip to Disney just to meet you! I LOVE your enthusiasm! We met some amazing CM's on Lisa's MAW trip (Our last day was a DOOZY). You very easily could have been one of them!

Hi-Jacking your thread one more time Jess, please forgive me!

Jess, you are a very kind person. Thank you for helping me spread the word about this child's video. I can't wait to see what your next adventures will be. You are adorable and have lots of fans!
I am speechless that you did that for Lisa, THANK YOU!
That was so nice of you to post the link to Lisa's video! I have watched it a few times, but your link reminded me to watch it again.
I kind of love the backlot tour, but I wish people would slooooooowwwwww down when they are doing the walk throughs because I always want to stand around and look at all of the movie props!
Meredith, THANK YOU for continuing to watch it, the count IS going up!
Jess,Thank you SO much for the link to that precious little girl's video!!!!:)

She is closing in on 14,000 views!!!!:)

When your DCP Diary is completed,I will remember all the amazing info,pictures and just plain fun that your Diary is bringing to DISers,but I think I will remember your heartwarming decision to include that link in your Diary more than anything.:)

I thought I was having a hard day until I saw that video.

I wasn't.
Your post also brought me to tears, THANK YOU! Lisa IS amazing! I am grateful to Jess for including it. There aren't a lot of young adults Jess' age who think like she does (My crew does though, so I get it).
Luv the updates. I cry every time i watch Lisa's video. I really hope they reach 15,000 for her birthday
You are such a love Emma, Thank you!

Great updates! Love all the pins you collected. My girls are obsessed with Duffy, they are going to be hunting those pins down hardcore. They don't know that they are getting the World Showcase booster pack at Easter.

Ummmm so I don't actually comment usually but I'm commenting now becuse HOOP-DE-DOO IS PERFECT. The end. IT'S SERIOUSLY MY FAVORITE LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. I CANNOT WAIT TO GOOOOO.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love the updates! I hope that your mom can come back and visit soon. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. I need to check out Hoop Dee Doo Review on one of our trips!

Good Morning Jess!
I stumbled upon your CP report late last night. I stayed up reaaaallllyy late reading all your post and finally finished up this morning! :coffee: I'm going to be so sleepy today...hoping to sneak a nap in.;)
Wow! Your report is just fantastic! I have LOVED reading all about the CP and your experiences. My son will soon be finishing up his freshman year of college and he is seriously thinking of applying. I can see him fitting in really well. We are HUGE Disney fans and have always encouraged our kids to do the CP...I really hope he decides to but in the end, it is his decision. I am going to share you report with him.
Thanks so much for sharing! Looking forward to more...:thumbsup2
Have a great day!
Darlene

AHHH I love that picture of the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. Only 34 days until I'm there!

Also, thanks for the review of Hoop de Doo. I think I commented on one of your instagram pictures about seeing that when we go in April. I'm so excited for that! It looks like a lot of fun.

You got some awesome pins! :thumbsup2

Jess, just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying following along with your journey! Keep up the great writing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter