DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Love this trip report! This is making me regret not doing the DCP when I was in college! I hope you have a blast, and perhaps we will run into you in March when I take a group of middle schoolers for a YES program/ Half of them want to work for Disney one day!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your Duffy! I have a Build-a-Bear, but I bought 3 Duffy costumes. I was hoping to get more this past trip, but they didn't have the 3 for $30 deal I took advantage of last time. I guess for you it's okay since you have your CM discount!!! Did you see the Peter Pan costume? AWESOME.

OMG, I sound like I'm 5 too.

pixiedust: First thing's first...CONGRATULATIONS! You live in Walt Disney World! pixiedust:

I'm in the process of catching up, since you have already posted so many updates (YAY!). AWWW at your Dad's email to you. I am an over emotional person and I have had tears stinging at my eyes when I have read any of your CP updates, ever since you first applied, but that email made me straight up cry! What a great dad you have, it's so nice that he could express all that feeling to you. And definitely save it and print it out, it will serve as a good inspiration to you whenever you have a bad day or if your career ever doesn't move as fast as you want it to.

Oh and also I adore your mom and hear healthy eating, even on vacations! She always eats the most amazing looking salads!

Now your Duffy bear can also be friends with Preston's puppy and your princess bear! I think you have a little animal family going on lol. ;)
Loving the Coronado Springs pin, its obviously perfect.

Hi Jess,
I am so excited for you, thank you for sharing this experience with us. If you get a chance can you give me youe twitter information? I cant seem to find it in the report.
Thanks
Lisa

Yayayay!! Your enthusiasm for the mouse radiates from your posts! Can't wait to hear about all the pixiedust: you're about to experience

Jess, I just want to say that I have complete confidence that you will keep this DCP report and your comments regarding your employer completely magical! For those concerned readers...stick around and you will see that Jess will only make Disney an even MORE magical place in all of our hearts! :wizard: WDW should pay this girl for her fabulous marketing skills!!! :thumbsup2

It still seems so surreal seeing your name on a CM badge!!!!:)

Please tell your roommates and also Mark's roommates that all of us DISers send our CONGRATULATIONS and that we hope all of them have a truly MAGICAL Disney College Program experience!:)

Also,I noticed one of your roommates is working Frontierland Merchandise.Please tell her that I hope she gets to be in the Frontierland Hoedown-it looks like so much fun!:)

Here is my funny Hoedown story.:)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613496&highlight=frontierland+hoedown

Delurking to say "BEST REPORT EVAH!!.
It only gets better... And your report is bringing back so any of my own memories I had forgotten.... Like the first time you put that name tag on.... The first time you go into a park on your id and think.. "THIS IS MY LIFE!"
I look forward to reading the rest if your journey!

O.M.G. I am so excited for this!

I'm here- 6 days late, but HERE!!! :cool1: I can't wait to read about your adventures!

I've been lurking through all your posts and am loving this one! I hope to join the program the semester after I graduate because it wouldn't really work for me to take off a semester! I love your randomness and FRUMP ON!

January 26th, 2013 (Part 1) - DAK/DHS with the Roomies!

Today I had a day off! WOOHOO! I dont start training until Tuesday so I have the whole weekend to play!

I got up at 10 am and Lindsay and Sammie Jo said they were going to go to Animal Kingdom. They said they would wait for me to get ready, so I did and we headed out!

We got into the park and saw the Tree of Life! This is Lindsay, by the way. WELCOME TO THE REPORT, LINDS!

53695310200632203594165.jpg

We entered the park and went straight to Everest to get fastpasses!

img7918z.jpg

Then we went over to Dinosaur to ride!

img7823h.jpg

It was a 15-20 minute wait.

I posted on twitter:
I wish Ross from "Friends" was Seeker on the Dinosaur pre-show movie. #paleontologist

WOULDN'T THAT BE THE MOST PERFECT THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!?!

We sat in the back and it was AWESOME. Its so scary every time... I just love it!!

img7821o.jpg

SO SCARY!!!

img7828ti.jpg

Linday's on the left, Sammie Jo is in the middle, and you all know me!

18229310200632205074202.jpg

After that ride we were hungry so we went to Restaurantosaurus to eat lunch! I traded for the most ADORABLE pin. Its one I have been looking for, actually. Pluto is my FAVORITE.

img7920ls.jpg

I ended up getting a turkey wrap kids meal with apple slices and grapes for lunch.
We ate our food and then went over to Everest!

img7916j.jpg

55023510200632204834196.jpg

We requested to sit in the back and it was SO MUCH FUN. Its so much faster!

img7833hi.jpg

We left Everest and walked around. There was lots of writing in the sky, and I saw a cute smiley face. It's like it's saying "we're happy to be here!" :-)

img7919qi.jpg

Then we went through the shops. I saw this shirt with a new looking graphic and I fell in love with it! It's so pretty! I also got a Chef Mickeys and Hoop Dee Doo pin, as well as a present for my Mom.

img7913nz.jpg

We headed out of the park at that point and went over to Hollywood Studios! The first thing we did was grab Rock N Rollercoaster fastpasses. Then we went on THE TOWER OF TERROR! Sammie Jo is actually going to be working there starting tomorrow! WOOHOO!

img7921a.jpg

The wait for Tower was a bit on the longer side today. Our wait was SO worth it because we had the most energetic crowd I have ever experienced! It was WAY too much fun! Plus we had one of the best ride sequences in the history of ever. It was just one of those rides that you KNOW it was a good one.

img7844w.jpg

After that we went to get MICKEY BARS! Lindsay had NEVER had a Mickey Bar in her entire life so we had to change that.

img7851i.jpg

We sat by the little fountain by guest relations and savored our wonderful treats. THEY WERE SO GOOD.

img7922q.jpg

img7923e.jpg

I have been in Disney for almost a week - its about time I had a Mickey Bar!

img7852vx.jpg

Happy Jess! :-)

img7924mz.jpg

Then we kept walking. On our way I saw a ONCE UPON A TIME SIGN! Speaking of which, I really need to watch last week's episode.

img7925k.jpg

The Great Movie Ride was next! We requested the cowboy side and they rearranged their whole plan to add in an extra show because we asked! It wasnt crowded so they were only going to do the gangster side but we were VIPs today apparently! We also got to sit in Row 2 which is the BEST because we were right in front of our tour guide!

Then we went back to Star Tours! It was so much fun. I love that ride even though I dont know anything about Star Wars. (no I have not seen the movies. And I have not seen Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or any of those either. JUDGE ME.)

After that, Sammie Jo wanted to take Lindsay to see the Indiana Jones show. I wasnt really feeling it, so I went shopping! I went under the hat and got my PIN BOOK. I want to have a book to keep all of the pins from my College Program in. Im really excited about it!

img7915w.jpg

I also wandered through the shops on the main strip. I found myself an incredibly BEAUTIFUL necklace that I could not resist.

img7911rj.jpg

I also walked back near the Muppets store and made, quite possibly, the best purchase of my life. KERMIT GLOVES. Theyre so perfect.

img7934v.jpg

Continued in Next Post

January 26th, 2013 (Part 2) - CHEERLEADERS.

LOVES OF MY LIFE.

img7928r.jpg

I just wandered around for a while and took pictures of the billboards:

img7927n.jpg

img7863h.jpg

img7865zy.jpg

And the scenery:

img7929u.jpg

img7930l.jpg

The girls also went on Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so after that I met back up with them. We looked in the shop near Voyage as well as after animation!

Jasmine's my girl. :-)

10431463285_aa3f9a12a2_z.jpg

I WANT THIS.

img7932s.jpg

We headed back over to Tower of Terror and went on again! The line was only 10 minutes so why wouldnt we!?

We were with another very enthusiastic group, so it was a lot of fun. Everyone was going CRAZY. The guy in the back was yelling everybody do a straight face!!!! So a lot of us did, but not the whole car.

img7887r.jpg

Then we went on again because there was still no line!!! However this time... We got placed with a huge group of CHEERLEADERS.

Literally, it was us three, this couple, and a bunch of 15 year old girls. Let's just say there was a lot of high pitched screams!

So this is what our picture turned out like:

43851350000.jpg

:rotfl2:

After that we used our Rock N Rollercoaster fastpasses!

img7894l.jpg

Then we had about 10 minutes till dinner! We were meeting up with Jana and Liz for a roommate dinner at 50's Prime Time Café! Maria couldnt make it, but the rest of us went.

Our ADR was for 7:55 pm and the park closed at 8 pm, so it was SUCH a different and more relaxed energy in 50s than I'm used to. But it was really nice!

None of the girls had ever been to 50's before!! I was so excited to take them there. They all REALLY loved the interaction that the waitress had with us. She made us set the table, say please and thank you, and keep our elbows off the table!

I posted on twitter:
The cast members who work at 50's Prime Time cafe just have way too much fun.

Lindsay and Sammie Jo ordered meatloaf and the rest of us got fried chicken! IT WAS SO GOOD TO BE REUNITED WITH THE FOOD!

img7937.png

We got dessert, too! Jana and Liz split the brownie sundae, and then Sammie Jo and I split the smores! YUM!

img7933w.jpg

After that we left the restaurant. It got MUCH colder outside. Sammie Jo and Lindsay went to go check and see if a store was open, and then Liz, Jana, and I drove back to the room.

I got back, put away my pins, typed my trip report, and now I'm heading to bed!

Continued in Next Post

What a fun day! Your roommates are so cute- looks like you guys are having a lot of fun together!! Love all your purchases- you definitely have to take advantage of that discount while you can!

Hey Jess, loving the report! I just wanted to let you know that your last couple posts have had an issue that I've encountered in some of my Trip Report updates. If you copy and paste from Word into the DIS, after submitting, sometimes your apostrophes and quotation marks will go away and your other punctuation gets screwed up and replaced by & signs. One of the moderators explained the issue to me and addressed how to fix it here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47110189&postcount=6

I just know it's always a bummer for me to type up something exactly how I want it and then have it get messed up, so I thought I'd let you know.

Looking forward to more updates about all your adventures!

I'm really glad that you seem to have gotten placed with awesome roommates! Good or bad roommates can really make or break any experience :)

Also I tried to follow you on twitter yesterday, and it said I am also blocked! So weird..I had to try it out after I read that other people couldn't follow you. Lucky me, I have 2 twitter accounts (one from a blog I used to write and a personal account) so I just requested to follow with my personal account, and that one says pending. I hate when there are glitches though..I mean even though it's a free website, it just makes me so mad!

So glad you're having fun with your room mates!

That is the best ride picture ever. Hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter