Disney Coffee

NewEnglandCamper

DIS Veteran
Is it me or is the Disney coffee they serve at the resorts ... a bit less than magical...

I didn't care for the coffee at the Port Orleans Riverside and the coffee at Tusker House was even worse. Someone agreed with me as we were waiting for the Magical Express bus...

On the up side I thought the coffee at the Polynesian Ohana and Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare breakfast was much better. Do they serve higher quality coffee at the Deluxe resorts? Can you get a better cup of "Joe" somewhere else in the park? Starbucks? Dunkin Donuts?

Not to sound like a company shill, but Starbucks just released nationwide a microground "instant" coffee called Via. It comes in little packets that dissolve in both hot and cold water. Even though it is instant it is pretty good, we have been doing taste tests at work, testing our via against our everyday brew and most customers can't tell the difference. That might be a good option for you!

:surfweb:Not a fan of via. Nescafe is what you get at the resorts. I'm picky about my coffee, so I bring my own!

Disney coffee (Nescafe) is infamous for being BAD. We too bring our own.
There is Starbuck's at the Swan/Dolphin. The Kona Coffee Bar has Kona coffee and is in the lobby of the Poly.
There are a few other places now with better coffee too, but all in all it is not good

We bring our own coffee and use bottled water. WDW water from the tap stinks. And it is not a Florida thing I live in Florida:goodvibes. WDW iced tea isn't that good either. But I will say it has improved over the years.

I'll be at WDW in a week and might be interested in trying the new Starbucks instant....does anyone know if they have hot water at the food court beverage stations? Do I need to pay for it??? Or, am I better off nuking it?

CR also had good coffee on the 1st floor but served the Nescafe in the Contempo. I had it on the 1st day and never again, lousy. Although i got up early in the morning i would wait the little extra until 7:00 when the coffee shop opened up. If it really came down to it i would take my own coffee maker & coffee if i was stuck with the Nescafe.

I don't consider Nescafe coffee :lmao: But I am a coffee snob.

Being on the Disney Wonder was a coffee nightmare because you couldn't bring your own.

I'll be at WDW in a week and might be interested in trying the new Starbucks instant....does anyone know if they have hot water at the food court beverage stations? Do I need to pay for it??? Or, am I better off nuking it?

Yes they do have hot water at the food courts. They are located on the coffee machines thats how you make hot tea:goodvibes

My husband and I had commented on our first two trips that the Disney coffee was poor. Now that we are DVC'ers we solved that with a bag of Dunkin Donuts Coffee and some filters.

My husband and I had commented on our first two trips that the Disney coffee was poor. Now that we are DVC'ers we solved that with a bag of Dunkin Donuts Coffee and some filters.

Thats what we bring DD we make that at home too. Not a fan of Starbucks yuck it taste like coffee grounds. And Nescrap well the name says it all:rotfl2:.

I should have done that as well. What do you use for water?

I should have mentioned that I didn't care for the Nescafe coffee HOT but when I turned it into ICE coffee that worked better for me. I love ice coffee! Not as good as Dunkin's though.

The poly is really imo the only place to get a good cup of coffee. I make sure i've had enough before we leave for the parks! otherwise it would not be safe for those around me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I bring my own Dunkin Donuts coffee, and buy bottled water when I get to Florida--I make my own in the hotel room.
I had a decent cup of coffee at California Grill.

We bring Dasani thats the only water we really love. When we are there we even use it to brush our teeth. Kona coffee is the only other coffee we will drink at Poly.:surfweb:

I bring my own Dunkin Donuts coffee, and buy bottled water when I get to Florida--I make my own in the hotel room.
I had a decent cup of coffee at California Grill.

That's exactly what we did! We love Dunkin Donuts coffee ~ it's the best! Great coffee @ CA Grill! We also had an amazing cup of coffee @ Narcoossee's ~ they bring you a little individual french press pot ~ amazing!!

Each of the Signature Restaurants has their own blend they serve in pressed pots. Jiko and Boma have a really good Kenyan AA. I can't remember what all of the various types at each place but they are unique to that eatery and what they serve.

Its funny I to dont like the necafe that much but down In Disney Its ok:confused3 for some reason?.I will never drink It at home but If I do not drink It ay the world It like I am missing something:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter