Disney Club?

Mustangdi

Mouseketeer
I had read posts last year that The Disney Club was being discontinued. I bought an Ent. book
and it has a page about joining the club with a
disc. it would be $31.00 to join. We will be
staying at AKL in Sept for part of our trip. I
was wondering if anyone is still a club member
and how are your savings with the card? I would
be using it at The World Of Disney (DD) and for
room disc. Another ques. Is it still good at
The Disney Store? Any info will be so helpful
in making my decision to join. Thanks:confused:

Supposedly they aren't taking new applications because the Disney Visa would "replace DC". But hold on to your coupon... With the puny offers and rewards the card gives, I am sure guests will be screaming to bring back DC.

We purchased the disney club card before the deadline of not selling them now more last fall, 2002.

Hoping to get alot of Discounts with it - that was not the case.
The only store we found that still used them was the World of Disney at Downtown Disney.

We even booked our room at same price before we purchased the card at the same price that Disney Club members were getting it.

We stayed at All Star Movies in Jan. 2003 for 55 dollars a night.
for 7 nights.

No stores in the parks honor them as of last winter.. Most commented quit haveing the discount as of Dec. 31, 2002.

We were disappointed... Only saved 10 dollars the most with a 30 some dollar card....

Hi,

Don't give up on a discount for AKL just cuz the DC is discontinued.

AAA rates in some cases are just as good as the DC discount. Also, hceck mousesavers.com for discount room codes for September. If they're not out yet, they will be soon.

herc.

AAA rates are EXACTLY DC's rates! One more for Disney's guests.

But if AAA's are booked you can still use your DC card if you renewed. It is still good at the stores in the malls, online, and to purchase your APs.

I had a disney club card that expired in feb . So I called them and asked them if I could renew. They gave me a prorated rate. My new card is valid until dec 31 2003. I don't know if they except new members but they did let me renew mine. I hope this might help someone.

The DC card was never good inside of the parks anyway, just at the World of Disney. They would offer certain meals at certain restaurants in the park that would honor the 10%, but that was about it, and many times it was a breakfast or lunch that was offered.

We joined the DC last year before booking our first trip to WDW in 2002. It was the only way to get any kind of discount (besides AAA and we're already Mobil Auto Club members). We saved $350 on our package stay and totalled just over $150 savings on other purchases.

We re-joined again for 2003 (the last year). If you know where to look for discounts, you can save some money pretty easy. On the Disney Club website you can type in your zip code and receive lists of restaurants and stores within given miles of your house that give DC discounts. My wife needed a pair of cowboy boots (don't ask why!) and we happened upon a store via the DC site just 3 miles away that we didn't even know existed. We saved $25 on the boots with the DC card! With restaurants and Disney Catalog and Disney Store purchases, we are up to $65 right now so far and our trip isn't until August '03!!! We're saving about $200 on our stay this time around (didn't buy park tickets through DC this time).

We sure couldn't have gotten all that with AAA membership.

I think we should start an email campaign to bring back the DC in 2004!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter