• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Closed Today?

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Another board had a post saying DL closed today at 1 pm because the crowd was at capacity. Anyone else hear this?

rosiep said:
Another board had a post saying DL closed today at 1 pm because the crowd was at capacity. Anyone else hear this?

I totally believe it..I mentioned a week or so ago that I was told this would be the most crowded Veterans weekend to date Disneyland has ever had

My sister convinced me to go today and she invited 3 of her friends. They all drove down from San Diego. We went today and it was absolutely insane! It seemed worse than summer time. All I can say is thank goodness for fastpass! :guilty:

rosiep said:

if you mean Nov 11th, it might be closed to a broadcast for a christmas parade... i dont know how that is gonna work...

Ryan Seacrest is hosting...

DL closed due to capacity crowds last Veteran's Day too. Seems this is becoming a very popular weekend, especially since it is generally becoming the kickoff to their holiday season. Last year there was also 50th stuff going on and a big Cheerleading convention and I believe they closed down around 1 PM or so as well. I would be curious to see how Veteran's Day weekend crowd numbers are comparing to other holiday weekends. From our experience last year, it was much worse than summer and comparable to the time we went for Thanksgiving.

What a mistake we made in going. The kids had the day off school - so did everyone elses kids. The park was insane! I have never been there on such a busy day. We didn't ride anything because we are spoiled and don't like to wait in line. We we still enjoyed it a bit.

Note to self - Never go to DL on the day before Veteran's Day (or on the 11th either!)

Doesn't surprise me at all with the holiday. It seems everybody was off except me :sad2:

It seems like they're reaching capacity more and more these days. New Year's Eve is another day that reaches capacity early. Luckily when I was there last year for NYE, it started to rain in the evening around 5 or so and the crowds left the park en masse. It was great! :cool1:

Disney Hot Mama said:
What a mistake we made in going.

Note to self - Never go to DL on the day before Veteran's Day (or on the 11th either!)

see.....this to me is the number 1 best thing about these boards..of course theres tons of other greats but this is the best....when anyone hears of possible issues we let everybody know...that way you can avoid a potential disaster...one thing for sure Im never going on vet day weekend

what happened was a semi shutdown of the park. not a total shutdown. So by about 1 no NEW tickets were allowed in the park. if you even came in the park once that day you were ok the whole day. A full shutdown is when anaheim fire department says no more ppl. lol

I can't even imagine what a full shut down would be like as far as crowds.It was pleanty busy Friday -what must today Sat be like. They are filming the Christmas parade today......with lots of stars. We could see the locations all set up yesterday.

Disney Hot Mama said:
I can't even imagine what a full shut down would be like as far as crowds.It was pleanty busy Friday -what must today Sat be like. They are filming the Christmas parade today......with lots of stars. We could see the locations all set up yesterday.

That is earlier than last year. We were there last year Nov 29-Dec 5 and they shot the parade in that time span. (I think it was the whole parade) At least for sure they were shooting the 'parade watchers'. Telling you to look in 'awe' at the parade that was supposebly going by, and wearing Christmas hats and ears the the whole bit! And Fantasia Burrino was there singing for the Cmas special, it was very cool! They had EVERY character out dancing in front of the castle, it was great fun. But then got very busy, so we went over to CA!

We were at DTD today. There was a sign flashing near the ART pickup area saying DL was "closed" but you could buy tickets for DCA. Of course, we saw folks still walking into DL. This was around 3 pm.
We're hoping that Sunday won't be as bad, although I'm guessing things will be plenty crowded. Keeping our fingers crossed that Monday and Tuesday will be much better.

I'm sooooo glad we decided to wait until Monday to go to the park. We almost went this weekend. Will be there Monday and Tuesday. I'm sure it will calm down by then.

I am not surprised. They kept extending hours and even extended Thursdays hours. I tried to warn by boss not to go this weekend, but she went anyway. I can't wait to hear all about it on Monday.

disneegrl4eva said:
see.....this to me is the number 1 best thing about these boards..of course theres tons of other greats but this is the best....when anyone hears of possible issues we let everybody know...that way you can avoid a potential disaster...one thing for sure Im never going on vet day weekend

I agree with you. After I made the mistake of going to DL during Christmas two years ago, I will NEVER go there on ANY holiday again. However, I'm the sucker for believing the article I read on Mickey news or some Dis news place that the weekend before Christmas was one of the least crowded times of the year. :blush:

Captjackson said:
We were at DTD today. Keeping our fingers crossed that Monday and Tuesday will be much better.

I think there are alot of people on this site hoping the same thing, and I'm one of them. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Disney Hot Mama said:
What a mistake we made in going. The kids had the day off school - so did everyone elses kids. The park was insane! I have never been there on such a busy day. We didn't ride anything because we are spoiled and don't like to wait in line. We we still enjoyed it a bit.

Oh holy cow! I'm making the same note to myself! Eeek! I'd go crazy in Disneyland if it were that crowded. Wow. I'm so sorry you experienced it like that. Eeeek!

They debate periodically on the community board as to whether or not it is "ok" to take your kids out of school to go to Disney. This is my argument; if my kid has the day off so does everybody else's kids and the parks will be insane! I have a lot of health issues and I just don't find it fun to wait in lines for hours or to navigate around shoulder to shoulder crowds. For me, it's just not worth going under such circumstances!

Wow. I sure feel your pain. I just can't imagine being there when the park reaches its maximum capacity! Yikes! :eek:

We will be at DL Easter week and are planning on getting to the park as early as possible so we can get in. We are staying offsite and don't want to get shutout. The hard part will be getting teenage DS up and moving in the morning. At least with the 2 hour time differance from home it might help.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter