• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Character Meals

1st_timer

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!
I am new here and i am planning a trip for Jan30-Feb13 2010. I would like to book 2 or possibly 3 ( if i can convince my hubby) Character Meals. I would like one with Princesses, one with Mickey,Minnie,Goofy,Donald and Possibly one with Pooh and Friends. I am thinking one Late breakfast and possible the rest lunch or supper. Is this possible? I guess whati am asking is: Which character meal, what park, and which meal did you go and like the best. Any help would be great appreciated!!!

Thanks
Nicole

For Pooh and friends, the choice is Crystal Palace at MK. WE ate their for breakfast/brunch and loved it. The characters come to each table (a bit slowly) and also have a parade around the restaurant. The food is good and their are many choices.

We really like Chef Mickeys at the Comtemporary for a late breakfast also. All the classics are there: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

Both are buffets, so the obly downside is if you have kids, you've got to manage them AND getting food.

Crystal Palace is great. Get in with an early reservation so you can walk down Main Street for pictures before MK opens.

I would totally try to see if you could get a ressie for Cinderella's Royal Table (being your first time & all). It's a bit pricey but I'm all for doing the fancy stuff at least once! We have had both dinner & breakfast there & both were wonderful, IMO. You'll want to do breakfast or lunch though to see princesses! At dinner, the Fairy Godmother & Cindy's mice are the only characters circling the dining room & no autographs! If you don't have any luck getting that ressie, it's not an easy one to get, try Akershus @ EPCOT which is also fabulous & there are LOTS of princesses there too!!

We love Crystal Palace too for the Winnie the Pooh characters...it was awesome! Another fun place to see just Pooh & Tigger was @ 1900 Park Fare breakfast. They were really fun at that restaurant too! Their breakfast when we went had Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, Alice, Pooh, & Tigger...interesting variety, but fun nonetheless!

Our VERY favorite for Mickey & Friends is also Chef Mickey's! I've read so many mixed reviews on this restaurant but if you don't expect 5-star quality food, I think you'll be real happy you went!

Have a blast planning! :goodvibes

I'd go Crystal Palace for breakfast - gets you into the park early and you can meet all the Pooh characters. And it's a good breakfast.

For the princesses, your choices are Cindrella's Royal Table and Akershsus in Norway.
If it's your 1st time, there's something special about eating the castle.
However, the food and interaction are better at the Akershsus and it's much cheaper!!
Both meals include a picture package with one of the princesses.
We really love the breakfast at Akershus and it gets you into World Showcase early.

As for the fab five, Chef Mickey's for dinner is our favorite if you want everyone.
But O'Hana for Breakfast features Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch in Polynesian garb.
And Donald's Safari breakfast in Animal Kingdom has Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy (she's rare) in their Safari outfits.

Hope that helps.
If you need more info, I have plenty of pics and reviews in my trip report.
Just click on the link in my signature - we hit just about every character experience available!

Here is what you could do:

Chef Mickey's at Contemporary for the Fab 5 (Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Goofy & Donald) for either breakfast or dinner
Crystal Palace for all three meals in MK for Tigger, Pooh, Piglet & Eeyore or 1900 Park Fare breakfast for just Tigger & Pooh (with Alice, Mad Hatter & Mary Poppins)
Cinderella Royal Table at MK, for breakfast or lunch (dinner does not have princesses) or Akershus (Norway) at Epcot for all 3 meals for the Princesses.

What I am doing is Crystal Palace early breakfast (before park opening), Chef Mickey's for both Breakfast & Dinner (we are staying at Bay Lake tower at the Contemporary), 1900 Park Fare breakfast, and both CRT & Akershus for lunch in Sept.

I can't help you with princesses as I have a son. I would recommend Crystal Palace (with Pooh) for breakfast (they also do lunch and dinner). I would also recommend Chef Mickey's (B) and/or Donald's breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (this one is breakfast only).

Ak's Tusker House Character Breakfast w/ Mickey, Donald, Daisy & Goofy. A lovely fresh breakfast buffet with really good character interaction both times we attended.

Hmm, for some reason no one has listed the meals at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

- You will get Cinderella, the Prince and step family for a fun dinner meal there.
- Breakfast includes Pooh and friends and you may also see the Mad Hatter or Mary Poppins during your visit.

We loved Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast and have it booked for dinner this next trip. Not a Pooh fan but just booked Crystal Palace for the food and convenience of MK for dinner/late lunch. Used the online system, very very easy!

Akershaus in Norway was the best breakfast we had at Disney. All the princesses were there and it is half family style half buffet. It was great!

Definitely Crystal Palace for Pooh char. - I recommend brft.-awesome food, great char. interaction, beautiful setting, right across from the castle. As mentioned if you can get ressie before park opens, you get great pics w/ no on around, and when done eating, you're already in the park, and ready to go!(You can do this w/CRT as well) I think you should try to get CRT for the experience of being in the castle as well as princesses - very magical! We had brft. which was very good, and I think is the least expensive, but you could do lunch for princesses as well. (Akershus in Norway is a good 2nd choice in case you don't get the castle, but brft. is only "normal" meal - lunch and dinner will be more traditional food). Chef mickey's is great -very fun and you get to see Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto. We had dinner, but I've heard brft. is also good. If you haven't already, check allears.net - they have menus, prices, and times for the restaurants.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

If I were picking 2 characters meals it would be in this order

Chef Mickey
CP
Ohana
Cape May

We did 3 character meals on our last trip

Crystal Palace
Characters: Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Food: Buffet style and really good. I loved everything that I ate there! I have a thing for chicken nuggets and they were YUMMY

Garden Grill
Characters: Mickey, Pluto, Chip (and Dale but he ignored us)
Food: All you care to eat. They bring you the food and will keep doing it until you don't want more. Steak, catfish, turkey and stuffing are on the platter for adults and chicken nuggets, mac and cheese and such on the kids. I thought everything there was really good, and they even brought me the mac and cheese without having kids there!

Akershus (Princess Storybook)
Characters: Belle (at beginning to take your picture with), Aurora (the entire reason we went here), Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel (can change, but that's what we had, and I've read a lot of reports on those 5)
Food: SO GOOD! They have a cold appetizer buffet-salad, potato salad, other salads, lunch meat and cheeses, herring something and like 3 kinds of salmon, plus peel and eat shrimp. Then you can order your entree (I totally would recommend the pork chop) and they bring out a communal dessert. I fought DH for the chocolate mousse.

We were there last December when DD was 2, and thanks to the 4/3 deal offered earlier this year again in May when she was 3.

Princess: CRT (castle)- Breakfast or lunch. You will meet Cinderella downstairs and 4 Princesses will come to your table. Princesses vary, in May we did lunch and saw Aurora, Bell (blue dress), Snow White and Ariel (Dinner does not have Princesses coming to the table)
If you have trouble getting an ADR at CRT Akershus at Epcot is a great substitute. Any meal is fine. Belle (yellow dress) is usually the Princess posing for pictures in the front. Princesses vary. We were there for lunch in December and saw Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella and Alice.

Pooh and Friends: Crystal Palace- MK. Any meal. We love having lunch there. The buffet is good and we don't leave the park for an afternoon break, so we find it provides a nice cool break in the middle of the day. Liked it so much we went there for lunch both trips.

Mickey and Friends. This has been an issue for us. We have yet to find what we consider a great meal with this group of characters. We much preferred the Princess meals and CP. We have done Tusker House for breakfast and Chef Mickey's for dinner and there were some issues with each one:

Tusker House: Great food. DD loves Minnie and she is not there. Daisy is nice to see. We did not have good character interaction here, but I completely believe that was due to the location of our table. We were in an area so crammed together that the characters could barely move between the tables. There was really no room for the characters to interact with DD, so they basically patted her on the head and kept going. We tried to get pictures, but it was such a tight squeeze it was almost impossible. We saw others having much better luck on the other side of the restaurant. If the character interaction had been as good as the food, this would have been a great one. We will try this one again.

Chef Mickeys: If you go, do breakfast. We went for dinner in May: Disgusting. The restaurant was so dirty my DH did not want to even stay. The food was horrible (with the exception of the salads and desserts which were mostly great), so bad that my MIL got physicallly ill a couple of hours after we left. Luckily she was okay by the next morning. The character interaction was great. The only way we would ever return to this restaurant would be to try breakfast, and DH doesn't even want to do that unless DD absolutely begs. I don't think she will because if you ask her favorite restaurants at WDW or where she wants to go on the next trip, she will say 1) Biergarten 2) CRT 3) Akershus and 4) Pooh. Chef Mickeys and Tusker House are never even mentioned on her list even though she loves Mickey and the gang.

Question to all you veterans, we have a 2:25 rezzie for CP and now I am wondering if that is too late for lunch and will they rush us as they are setting up for 'dinner' at 3? :confused3

Any opinions/experiences/thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter