Disney Changes Vaccination Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, not everyone has the flexibility to wait until a few weeks/months out and choose a date based on that. Like I said, I know deals exist, but for most families, they have to book the dates that work best for them or book farther in advance. 10 months in advance is a fairly normal booking time.

But if enough people book cruises months out then there aren’t that many last minute deals. Give it time to see how 2023 bookings go.

Right, not everyone has the flexibility to wait until a few weeks/months out and choose a date based on that. Like I said, I know deals exist, but for most families, they have to book the dates that work best for them or book farther in advance. 10 months in advance is a fairly normal booking time.
If your not flexible with travel plans than you pay more. I don’t know about your situation, but this board tends to full of long range planners. I’m not sure it’s the norm. A lot of people book stuff and cancel. A lot can happen in 10 months.

If your not flexible with travel plans than you pay more. I don’t know about your situation, but this board tends to full of long range planners. I’m not sure it’s the norm. A lot of people book stuff and cancel. A lot can happen in 10 months.

The norm is not planning 6 plus months out. With 3 kids and activities it’s insanely hard to plan far out as is anymore. 7 months till spring break here and I don’t know a single Person with any set plans or barely even ideas yet but in the end the majority of them will do something.

This is such great news - we can book now with young kids. We're one of those that have to book in advance when travelling from Europe and tied to kids school holidays.

The norm is not planning 6 plus months out. With 3 kids and activities it’s insanely hard to plan far out as is anymore. 7 months till spring break here and I don’t know a single Person with any set plans or barely even ideas yet but in the end the majority of them will do something.
We always plan crazy far in advance. Already have plans for Europe vacation/cruise for next June and WBPC cruise next October. 😃

We always plan crazy far in advance. Already have plans for Europe vacation/cruise for next June and WBPC cruise next October. 😃
If I thought Disney vacations were reasonably priced I’d plan farther out, but I can’t find one European cruise next summer that is in my opinion worth the cost..,so I shall wait and see. The same goes for WDW I would never pay rack rate. We rented dvc points in May when we found a confirmed reservation at about 2 months out. It reduced the cost of the room about 60%. I have a lot of vacation time and flexibility. Its the only reason I stay in my current job that I really don’t like.

Us too. Even with kids, we are booking out about a year on average. We have all of our 2023 vacations booked and are starting to think about 2024. I enjoy having stuff to look forward to, and plenty of time to research and plan. Although we may be missing some last-minute discounts, we save a lot by booking airfare at the right time and hotels early. And many things can be rebooked if they go down in cost.

To give you and idea of how much I like to plan, when I sent my European itinerary from last June to a friend who was thinking of going next year, he asked if a travel agent put it together for me. It's part of the fun for me.

Heck even without kids we book far in advance, but that is because the types of vacations we book at present are a combo of popular place, crazy popular time, and small number of spots available. Relevant example, the only DCL cruise I have booked right now is the 8 night to Bermuda on the Fantasy next year. If we wanted that one, we had one choice. Over Christmas we're back on the Letty for another week with the Galapagos, sold out with only 20 available spots. NEXT Christmas we wanted a Danube Christmas Market cruise. Probably not sold out, but we got the week we needed in the cabin category we wanted by booking almost two years in advance. Any later and it would have been sold out like this year is. If we didn't care exactly when or what company we sailed with, I'm sure we could have thrown something together, but that's not how we choose to spend vacation dollars on the big trips.

Do unvaccinated under 12’s have to wear a mask in the kids club?
The language says "We continue to strongly recommend unvaccinated guests wear a face covering in all indoor locations" under 'Youth Activities' here https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/on-the-ship-us/. Going by this this is not a requirement, but a strong suggestion.

We got two of these emails today. One for an Oct sailing and one for a mid-Dec sailing.

Interestingly, did not get any email for WBPC for October 2023!

I am sure there are more shoes to drop in all of this and only time will tell.

Heck even without kids we book far in advance, but that is because the types of vacations we book at present are a combo of popular place, crazy popular time, and small number of spots available. Relevant example, the only DCL cruise I have booked right now is the 8 night to Bermuda on the Fantasy next year. If we wanted that one, we had one choice. Over Christmas we're back on the Letty for another week with the Galapagos, sold out with only 20 available spots. NEXT Christmas we wanted a Danube Christmas Market cruise. Probably not sold out, but we got the week we needed in the cabin category we wanted by booking almost two years in advance. Any later and it would have been sold out like this year is. If we didn't care exactly when or what company we sailed with, I'm sure we could have thrown something together, but that's not how we choose to spend vacation dollars on the big trips.

The language says "We continue to strongly recommend unvaccinated guests wear a face covering in all indoor locations" under 'Youth Activities' here https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/on-the-ship-us/. Going by this this is not a requirement, but a strong suggestion.
A suggestion that will not be followed. It also is not inline with cdc guidelines so there is even less incentive for unvax to mask.

Testing requirements will likely be the next shoe to drop (when - only Disney knows). Until then, we just have what is officially posted to go by.

I also plan far in advance, mostly. I generally book my cruises with placeholders on opening day. Plus I’m a dvc member which means I’m booking my rooms at the 11 month window. But given the current gty discounts, I’ve been throwing a few in last minute. I have 3 seven-cruises left for 2022 (one booked last year and 2 GTY b2b), all surrounded by dvc stays. For 2023 I already have 4 cruises booked, April, May, September and November. Now that January and February 2023 have released VGT rates, I’m leaning on grabbing one of those 7 night Pixar cruises. Working on my dvc stays for 2023.

We actually started booking further out once we had a kid. I am trying to plan summer 2024, but DS won't give me any ideas what he wants to do for a HS graduation trip. I would have had Japan already booked for next summer, if they would let me :rolleyes:

It also is not inline with cdc guidelines
CDC guidelines for cruise passengers recommend following the same protocols as traveling on public transportation. On the public transportation page, they recommend wearing a mask in all public areas. There is a note at the top that says the page is being reviewed for updates, but those are the current guidelines, anyway. No need to spread misinformation.

I would have had Japan already booked for next summer, if they would let me :rolleyes:
Seriously! Japan is being very silly now. I had a trip all planned out for the fall of 2020 and here we are two years later and they're still closed.

Summer in Japan is rough, though. It's so hot and humid, plus the rain in June/July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter