• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney changed our hotel for the 1st night...

That's good to hear they upgraded you...I hope your trip is great!

I'm hoping ours goes as they say it will...on night at PP and the rest at DLH.

We'll see...

stacymomof2: Thanks so much - you have a really WONDERFUL time too! Have fun at the DLH - we will miss it! We haven't stayed any where but at the DLH for years and years!

I should be nice and say congrats :rolleyes1 , but that's 2 less chances of me getting upgraded (suite and connecting bedroom), hahahahahha :lmao: . Because you KNOW I'm going to ask for an upgrade ::yes::

Update: My daughter called the DLH this morning and was told that only one tower will be closed, and they don't know which one. She then got transferred to our CM, and after much talking we are now staying our entire stay at the GCH! Needless to say we are feeling MUCH better about our situation!!!

NIIICE! Congratulations!! I have dreamed of staying at GCH ever since it opened... I'm so glad you get to! What a way to make your special trip even better. WOW! What a great start to your trip.

stacymomof2: Thanks so much - you have a really WONDERFUL time too! Have fun at the DLH - we will miss it! We haven't stayed any where but at the DLH for years and years!

Beware.....once you've stayed at the GCH you may not want to stay at the DLH ever again. LOL

Hi we got the call yesterday about our hotel change for june we where staying at the disneyland hotel in the new theme rooms but the tower is going to be closed so the gave us 2 bedroom suite in the grand califonia hotel at our same rate with a theme park view and concigere level :so we are way excited we cant wait to go ..disney has the best customer :cheer2 service .what a dream to happen !!

Hi we got the call yesterday about our hotel change for june we where staying at the disneyland hotel in the new theme rooms but the tower is going to be closed so the gave us 2 bedroom suite in the grand califonia hotel at our same rate with a theme park view and concigere level :so we are way excited we cant wait to go ..disney has the best customer :cheer2 service .what a dream to happen !!

If you do not mind me asking what dates in June are you staying that they changed your hotel to the GC???

Thanks so much

OH NO! We have ressies at DLH June 8-12. We've stayed at both of the other DL hotels and this would round out our experiences...I will be SO bummed if they move us. I wonder if I call them, would they confirm our stay...

BTW: What is a theme room?

stacymomof2 how was your stay at the PPH? And did you have fun at the DLH? Our stay at the GCH was WONDERFUL!!! We really enjoyed our rooms and balconies. It was nice to be so close to the parks also. BUT I missed the DLH - as I said before we have always stayed there! We have been staying there since our grandsons were little.

We heard a rumor that two towers were closed for only one night, because of an investigation into the suicide. I don't know if this was true. If anyone out there has any more info maybe they will chime in.

According to a notice we got on check in at the DLH they were fixing some water problems. I know that the dreams tower was without water from 10:00 pm until 9:00 on Monday morning. The nice thing about this, was number one, we weren't in that tower and number two, they gave everyone a complimentary continental breakfast. We had fruit, pastries, juice and it was yummy (and free!)

We are staying at DLH and requested the Dreams tower. I just got off the phone with a CM to see if the issues that have caused other guests to be moved would affect our stay. We arrive June 21st. The CM said that she was not aware of any situation causing guests to be moved out of the Dreams tower at all. She said that they are informed of issues like that and they have not had any info given to them. Knowing that some CMs do not always have the most accurate info I called back to get a different CM and got the same one! So, do you think the Walt Disney Travel Co. for Disneyland doesn't have this info at the main reservations number? :confused3

Ok, so I decided to call the DLH directly and spoke to someone at the front desk. He told me that they were not having any problems with any of the towers. He added that if something were to come up that we would still have accomodations at one of the other resorts, but he repeated that they have not recently had any problems. Weird, huh?

WOW! I don't really know what to think! We had the same problem. It seems everyone that we asked had a different answer! So who knows! We walked over to the DLH and got the water problems answer from the Concierge there too. When we called the hotel before we left, they didn't know anything about the towers closing on Sunday night. They had a CM call my daughter back, and that's how we ended up at the GCH. SO I guess it will remain a mystery . . .

Do you think Disney is trying to deal with it, but keep a lid on it? How can the hotel staff NOT know what is happening at the hotel?

We wound up staying at the DLH the whole time...no move.

I was kind of bummed because I really wanted to check out the PPH, but it was fine!

When we checked in they handed us a piece of paper that said it was a water maintenance issue and due to the "inconvenience" they were giving us a continental breakfast and it was located in our tower. So that was nice! It was a nice breakfast with pastries and fruit and COFFEE!

We were not aware of any problems as far as nothing went on in our tower. I believe they said they were turning off water for a couple hours in the Dreams tower.

Either way, we had a GREAT time and loved the hotel!

The more I hear the more confused I am about the "water problem" at the DLH. Staycymomof2 which tower did you stay in? Did you have your breakfast in the Dreams Tower Concierge Lounge? That was really nice that they comped you a continental breakfast!

Mr. Bubbles, Yes, I find the whole things so totally confusing! The hotel staff that we spoke with (I called the hotel directly) didn't seems to know anything about any towers being closed. I'm beginning to think that we will never really have the answer!

We were wondering if they were trying to keep it quiet, because there was an "investigation" going on, but I really don't know! It sounds like things are back to normal now tho!

Have fun Mr. Bubbles! You are lucky you still have your trip ahead of you - it goes too FAST!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter