Disney changed our hotel for the 1st night...

stacymomof2

<font color=blue>I have NEVER come close to utteri
We booked DisneyLand Hotel for the whole trip, we just got word today that due to some "unexpected maintenance" so for the first night they are putting us up in the Paradise Pier hotel in a theme park view room. Apparently, this is a great room for fireworks.

Then the next day they will help us move our bags back over to DisneyLand Hotel.

Has anyone ever experienced this? We are planning on getting up early to get in line early, so I hope all we have to do is pack our bags and leave them in the room?

So...I'm thinking that this trip may be a "go with the flow" kind of trip!

You should just have to leave your bags in your room and they will move everything, I've had it happen before but not at the DLH. We stayed at PP in a theme park room, it was neat!! What I wish I had known at the time was they pipe the music into the pool area so go there and watch the fireworks if you're not in the park!

Yes, we have been moved from the DLH to the PPH also! We had booked a 3-bedroom suite at the DLH for 5 days starting 5/11. I received a call also that we were being moved to the PPH for our whole stay. We are now staying in the Huntington Suite at the PPH for the same price as the 3-bedroom suite in the DLH. Our Concierge is included now and not extra like the DLH. BUT we are fierce DLH fans, so this is not making us real happy, but we were told also that there were maintenance issues in one of the towers and that it was closed completely. Also they told us that the Concierge at the DLH would be closed too!!! WAH!

pixiewings71: at least it sounds like a good room!

alastair: you got moved for the whole trip? bummer. We are really looking forward to staying at DLH...lucky for us, we are only moved for one night.

It sounds like something big happened...I hope it doesn't affect too many more people!

We personally haven't ever been moved before, but when we book the PP, we always stay in the 'theme park view' rooms. Our kids absolutely love to see the park all lit up at night :goodvibes Love those rooms!

Do you think this may be connected to the death at Disneyland Hotel in the last week? I know many said it was a suicide, but I also heard the person's work associate was in the room when it happened. Could it be an investigation?

We are staying at DH too May 8 - May 10 and so far it has not been changed. But I think I will call the promotions department tomorrow and confirm. Hmm...

Oh wow, well at least they are giving you a nice room. Bummer having to move around after the first night though! We've never had that happen. We've got one night booked at the end of our trip next month, I hope they don't move us. We picked that hotel for the pool!

The person that called me regarding the move from the DLH to the PPH said that it had something to do with a water problem. I'm sorry now that I didn't ask more questions, but I was so FREAKED out by the fact that we wouldn't be staying at the DLH.

The other bummer is that the suite that we got doesn't have a view. Our view will be of Anaheim! A bunch of us are going tho, so it will be neat to have all that room!

Gosh I don't want to brag, but we got moved for 5/10 and 5/11 to GCH :goodvibes (Shhh it's a secret from DH, I'm going to surprise him). But we are only staying for the 2 nights. The lady tried to say we were picked because of our AP status, special offer for our family, blah blah blah and that everyone was going to moved to the GCH or PP. Phew I'm glad I got offered the GCH, I would have cancelled with a change to PP.

ETA A friend is going for one night 5/10 and she didn't get moved and called and asked and could not get moved. So maybe it has to do with when you are there.

fenfur: You LUCKY! I wish that we would have gotten moved to the GCH! We would love to stay at the GCH! Yes, we may have ended up at the PPH because of the length of our stay and the amount of people in our party, AND we wanted 3 bedrooms with a parlor.

No way are we canceling! We are all looking forward to our trip - my grandsons and other family members would be too disappointed! We are just trying to turn it into a positive thing. We'll probably never be able to stay in this large of a suite ever again!

The person that called me regarding the move from the DLH to the PPH said that it had something to do with a water problem. I'm sorry now that I didn't ask more questions, but I was so FREAKED out by the fact that we wouldn't be staying at the DLH.

The other bummer is that the suite that we got doesn't have a view. Our view will be of Anaheim! A bunch of us are going tho, so it will be neat to have all that room!

fwiw, if this happened to me, I would STRONGLY request that they include Concierge at the PP (& preferably the DCA park view).

- The DLH is a $50-$100 step up....they need to cough up some bennies.
- It really doesn't "cost them" anything to include Concierge.
- I've stayed at the PP 2 room suite "Anaheim View". We got an inconvenient Handicap Shower/Bathroom. (& a non-descript view).
- You'll get 2-3 meals paid for & lots of beverages for 2 days.
- The park view fwiw is cool....especially at night.

Either way have a great time & enjoy all your Magic Mornings! :thumbsup2

Hound 109: Yes, we were thinking when we get there that we would wheel and deal and see what else they could do for us! I'm sorry, I don't know what fwiw means! AND yes, they are including the Concierge for us - I believe it comes with the Huntington Suite anyway tho. Thanks for your suggestions!

Gosh I don't want to brag, but we got moved for 5/10 and 5/11 to GCH :goodvibes (Shhh it's a secret from DH, I'm going to surprise him). But we are only staying for the 2 nights. The lady tried to say we were picked because of our AP status, special offer for our family, blah blah blah and that everyone was going to moved to the GCH or PP. Phew I'm glad I got offered the GCH, I would have cancelled with a change to PP.

ETA A friend is going for one night 5/10 and she didn't get moved and called and asked and could not get moved. So maybe it has to do with when you are there.

That is LUCKY!! WOO-HOO for you :cool1:

I would have loved the one night at GCH, but I think having our park-view room for one night is pretty ok...I'm just glad we didn't get moved for the whole trip, we have really been looking forward to the DLH.

fwiw=for what it's worth :)

we really did like our theme park view room! We were there for a birthday trip and it was really great staying there. I would only do it again if I could get a killer rate though, it is the lowest of the 3 DLR hotels, but I loved the surfing Mickey details and the toiletries with Mickey heads on them. :) I proudly have them displayed in the kids bathroom. :)
I know a lot of people complain about the walk, we walked both routes when we stayed there. The fastest way is thru GCH to DTD, the other way you walk to the end of DTD and walk the full length, but the advantage there is the monorail is closer, if you do the GCH route you come out after the monorail and it's not worth it to walk back. :)

fwiw=for what it's worth :)

we really did like our theme park view room! We were there for a birthday trip and it was really great staying there. I would only do it again if I could get a killer rate though, it is the lowest of the 3 DLR hotels, but I loved the surfing Mickey details and the toiletries with Mickey heads on them. :) I proudly have them displayed in the kids bathroom. :)
I know a lot of people complain about the walk, we walked both routes when we stayed there. The fastest way is thru GCH to DTD, the other way you walk to the end of DTD and walk the full length, but the advantage there is the monorail is closer, if you do the GCH route you come out after the monorail and it's not worth it to walk back. :)

I agree.

- The view of DCA is great from the upper rooms. (ask for one).
- Great that you are getting Concierge. :thumbsup2
- Know the walk thru the GCH (both to DTD & to DCA through the secret entrance) from the PP. Ask one of the GCH CMs when you walk into the beautiful lobby. You'll save ALOT of steps. Good to know the DCA entrance even if you're staying at the DLH.

Update: My daughter called the DLH this morning and was told that only one tower will be closed, and they don't know which one. She then got transferred to our CM, and after much talking we are now staying our entire stay at the GCH! Needless to say we are feeling MUCH better about our situation!!!

Update: My daughter called the DLH this morning and was told that only one tower will be closed, and they don't know which one. She then got transferred to our CM, and after much talking we are now staying our entire stay at the GCH! Needless to say we are feeling MUCH better about our situation!!!

Now thats sounds more like it. :thumbsup2

Woohoo! That is awesome!

--Lisa

Thanks so much everyone for all your good wishes and your help! We are feeling like we are really going on SPECIAL vacation now - which is the way it should be!!!

WOW1 Lucky you guys!:banana: have a great, magical vacation, and dont forget to tell us all about it!!

Brandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter