• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney California Adventure will be CLOSED on JUNE 14th.

skiingfast

<font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b
The way he had phrased it, it sounded more like a guess than a rumor to me. (And not a bad guess, given history.) Either way, he was really hedging his bets, though, as opposed to some of the other statements he makes as a certainty (which sometimes do not come true).

and an entire closure of DCA is still a possibility after a full park closure was successful prior to Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary kickoff on May 4th, 2005.

I guess I'm glad I moved our dates. We had originally planned to be in DL/CA June 14, 15 and 16. I'm now planning on June 21, 22 and 23. Hopefully, with those dates having blackouts for AP holders, that will keep the insanity and crazy crowds down just a bit. Guess we will see . . . .

I guess I'm glad I moved our dates. We had originally planned to be in DL/CA June 14, 15 and 16. I'm now planning on June 21, 22 and 23. Hopefully, with those dates having blackouts for AP holders, that will keep the insanity and crazy crowds down just a bit. Guess we will see . . . .

Oh gosh...given how long it took the crowds for Nemo to die down, no, I think people will just be getting started by your trip. Sorry that my opinion doesn't go along with what you hope, but...even though I'm not really into massive crowds, if I were going THAT close to opening, I would have kept my trip for opening, just to say I was there for opening. Might as well get bragging rights for dealing with the crowds you're going to be dealing with!

Oh gosh...given how long it took the crowds for Nemo to die down, no, I think people will just be getting started by your trip. Sorry that my opinion doesn't go along with what you hope, but...even though I'm not really into massive crowds, if I were going THAT close to opening, I would have kept my trip for opening, just to say I was there for opening. Might as well get bragging rights for dealing with the crowds you're going to be dealing with!

No, she's absolutely right. The majority of Disneyland guests on any given day outside of July/August are annual pass holders. The majority of annual pass holders have SoCal local passes. They will be blocked by then, and the summer tourism rush hasn't quite kicked in by mid-June. It's one of the nicest times to be at the park - everything is open and rides running at maximum capacity, but not as many guests as in July or August. But thanks to the park running a full summer schedule and capacity on rides, lines move fast.

Finding Nemo is an anomaly - it's in incredibly slow loading and low capacity attraction, whose lines can be long just because it takes 20 minutes to rotate on sub through a cycle.

It won't be empty by any means, but the lack of locals helps. The wildcard is what kind of, if any, SoCal ticket deal is offered for non-pass holders, who might want to take advantage of seeing Cars Land early.

Finding Nemo is an anomaly - it's in incredibly slow loading and low capacity attraction, whose lines can be long just because it takes 20 minutes to rotate on sub through a cycle.
It sounds like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and especially Luigi's Flying Tires will load even more slowly than Nemo Subs. :cool2:

It sounds like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and especially Luigi's Flying Tires will load even more slowly than Nemo Subs. :cool2:

They'll be slow loaders for sure, but more along the lines of the tea cups or Dumbo.

No, she's absolutely right. The majority of Disneyland guests on any given day outside of July/August are annual pass holders. The majority of annual pass holders have SoCal local passes. They will be blocked by then, and the summer tourism rush hasn't quite kicked in by mid-June. It's one of the nicest times to be at the park - everything is open and rides running at maximum capacity, but not as many guests as in July or August. But thanks to the park running a full summer schedule and capacity on rides, lines move fast.

It won't be empty by any means, but the lack of locals helps. The wildcard is what kind of, if any, SoCal ticket deal is offered for non-pass holders, who might want to take advantage of seeing Cars Land early.
This was exactly along my lines of thinking after finding out wath the AP blackout dates will be. I don't, by any means, think there will be low crowds, but I do think the blackout dates in June would have to be better than the other options.

Of course, that whole "wildcard" comment has totally freaked me out!!!! ;-)

The week of the opening will be our first ever trip to Disneyland. we have come to the realization that we are going to just have to roll with the punches. Hopefull DL will not be that crowded, as everyone will be clammoring to attend DCA.

Will June 14th be a Grad Night as well?

Any advice for those of us living far away that have to plan our trips early and have now found ourselves at Disneyland during this big event?

Thanks! :worship:

From MAH4546 "They'll be slow loaders for sure, but more along the lines of the tea cups or Dumbo. "

Agreed--they look like slow loaders, but with very short ride duration.

Will June 14th be a Grad Night as well?

Any advice for those of us living far away that have to plan our trips early and have now found ourselves at Disneyland during this big event?

Thanks! :worship:
From the Disneyland website:

When is Disneyland Grad Nite 2012?
NEW DATES ADDED!!
May 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 30 & 31
June 6, 7, 8, 12, 14, 19, 21 & 22 all have LIMITED availability

May 25 - SOLD OUT
June 1 - SOLD OUT

Disneyland will be EXTRA packed on June 14, due to California Adventure being closed that whole day.

We live 3000 miles away and I usually plan all of our vacations 6 months out, no matter where we are going, but I've been CRAZY waiting on an official opening date for this California/Cars Land expansion opening. I had just, finally, set our dates at the beginning of this week, before this announcement yesterday. We will be in California for a total of 13 days and I've picked AP black out days for our DL/CA dates to try to beat some of the crowds.

We are doing the Backstage Magic that week and the 14th was to be the CA day, not yet sure how our schedule might change.

Was hoping to avoid this, but our last full day is the 14th, so by the time the big crowds gather we'll be on the plane home.

Dolby1000

They'll be slow loaders for sure, but more along the lines of the tea cups or Dumbo.

From MAH4546 "They'll be slow loaders for sure, but more along the lines of the tea cups or Dumbo. "

Agreed--they look like slow loaders, but with very short ride duration.

Regarding ride capacity - I can't remember where I saw it and a quick Google search was not successful in me finding it again - but LFT (Luigi's Flying Tires) has a capacity of about 500 riders per hour and MJJ (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree) is about 800.

This compares to Dumbo at about 300 per hour and Peter Pan at 600 I believe and Nemo Subs at 900.

RSR (Radiator Springs Racers) is up there near 2000 per hour.

this brings me to what I have been wondering...in the past, everytime a new ride or old ride is closed for an extended period of time and then reopened, they do a "soft opening"...now if i remember correctly, the last one was the reopening of star tours and correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt the soft opening a whole month before the actual opening AND wasnt it just for AP holders??? When Nemo opened, we were there during the time the press had their junket for it and the next day...several days prior, they were doing a soft opening but they were at random times and nobody knew exactly when it would happen...Im wondering if anyone has any idea how cars land is going to be...do you think they will do the same thing as ST and do soft openings for a month prior to official opening OR will it just be hit and miss???? Im coming in June and am planning the trip around when cars land will be open...if there is a possibility that they will do soft openings earlier in the month, I will be there...but if not, Im going to wait till the 15th....any suggestions, comments, anything???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter