• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Buy back

Chrzas

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Just received a call from Jacki Apetz that our contract for VWL (150 points @ 71 / point) was NOT bought
out from under us by Disney. Jacki did say that 6 of the last 8 were bought back by Disney - she did not give any infromation about the resort or type of contract.

The day of cheap resale opportunities may be over.

I am anxiously awaiting my call. I think I only have a maximum of seven more days to wait! I'm thinking the anxiety of waiting for DROFR isn't worth the savings on a 100 point add-on! I'm glad your worked out for you, if mine doesn't I do have a backup plan (which I like better so with my luck the original plan will come through!)!

I started hoping that Disney would buy mine back. The more I looked at the numbers the less I realized I was saving. I was still saving but not enough to merrit the extra waiting an anxiety involved in buy the resale.

Chrzas,
I sent you an e-mail.

Disney is getting more agressive at buying back contracts, I think. That's good for all of us waiting for add-ons at the sold out resorts. I've been waiting since summer, and hope that I get something by next summer or fall. But I would have thought that $71 would have been a little high for Disney, and that turned out to be true! Congratulations;)

Geez - I'm already making money on DVC if I wanted to sell!!! I just closed on 1/9 (Finally) and bought 196 points at VWL for 63 or 64 a point!!! Guess I got in in the nick of time!!

I am glad to hear Disney is not gobbling ALL of the resales up. I am waiting on them for a BWV @ $69.75/pt!

At this point I am not entirely sure that I might not rather Disney buy it back--and then go for the BCV. I suppose with BCV as my backup plan direct from Disney I can't go wrong (unless they stop the $10/point buyback before I might use it).

Congrats!! I am still waiting to hear from Jaki on ours but we have a few weeks to go. How long did it take for your good news? I wish we had bid a little more now because the wait is horrible!

tiberius,
If you want BCV, then my recommendation is to get BCV. Don't settle for something you feel is second best to what your looking for. BCV are wonderful in my opinion, we really like it there.

CaptainMidnight,

For me the important thing is proximity to Epcot and MGM-my familiy's first and second favorite parks! So to me BWV and BCV are equal. I went for a BWV over BCV for two reasons after that. The first was to get a less expensive product. This may not work with Disney's aggressive buyback. The second was the possibility of staying for less points in a standard view room (if available).
This said, I don't feel my choice was second-best, but a choice of two equals (at least to my family's particular situation).

In any case, I will look forward to staying at each DVC location eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter