Disney Bus for Cruise

brown1990

Kristie Brown
Hello,

I usually just go on 3-7 day cruises and pay for a rental car than pay for the Disney parking. Anyone had a good experience with the bus? Is it worth the money vs the time you are on the bus and waiting for the bus? Anyone have luggage problems using the bus?? Any advise is wonderful! Thanks!!!

The bus is nice way to start off the cruise and we had no problems with luggage (although this was several years ago). Once we handed our luggage over to the driver, we didn't have to do anything at the port and it was delivered directly to our room later that day.

It's nice not having to worry about the tolls or looking for the correct exit. They show videos along the way to pass the time.

We've also done the rental car return and/or parking lot. We actually prefer that if we're continuing to tour after the cruise.

If you decide to do DCL bus, I suggest taking it from MCO rather than a WDW Resort pick up. The buses at MCO start running much earlier and more frequently than from the resorts. You could either return the rental to MCO or use your DME return transfer to MCO.

My two cents, Steve :cool1:

We've taken the bus to the port from a resort and from MCO. We've taken the bus from the port to the airport.

The bus from the resort leaves on the later side (after 11am) so we got to the port on the later side. We're people who like to be on early and get off the ship as late as possible so this didn't quite work for us. :)

But other than that, the ONLY issue with the bus is that it's pretty expensive. $35 per person each way adds up!

We've taken the bus to the port from a resort and from MCO. We've taken the bus from the port to the airport.

The bus from the resort leaves on the later side (after 11am) so we got to the port on the later side. We're people who like to be on early and get off the ship as late as possible so this didn't quite work for us. :)

But other than that, the ONLY issue with the bus is that it's pretty expensive. $35 per person each way adds up!

We've done the bus and car rental. It is more cost effective, if you have more than 3 people, to do the car rental. I like to get to the port early, so we prefer the car rental. We've taken the bus from OKW and it did not leave the resort until 1. We've taken the bus from AKL and it left around 12ish. These times change each cruise. You won't know what time you cruise bus leaves until the day before.

Looking at doing a limo service next trip, since we are coming from Universal hotel We'll see what happens.

We took the bus to the port from a resort in Sept., and we thought it was well worth the cost. They picked up our luggage at the villa, and we didn't touch it again until it was delivered to our cabin on the ship. The bus ride was pleasant and comfortable, we enjoyed watching the videos, and we appreciated having a restroom on the bus. We're older and don't get around as well as some of you younger people, and we don't mind paying to have someone take care of our luggage, pick us up and deliver us where we need to go, and take care of us. I'm sure some of you with young children feel the same way.
The one downside was having to get our luggage ready to be picked up early. That wasn't a big problem since we packed the night before and put last minute items in our carry on bags. We left our luggage to be picked up, went for a relaxing breakfast at the resort, and waited happily for the bus.

We took the Disney bus from the airport to port for our last cruise and thought it was well worth the $35pp. We stayed at the Hyatt the night before and left our luggage in our room when we checked out. We didn't see it again until it arrived at our stateroom once on the ship. I will admit I was a little hesitant about that at first but it worked beautifully and we didn't have to worry about dragging our luggage with us. We were on the first bus from the airport and were amongst the first into the port. I believe they usually let the DCL busses from the airport into the port first but I'm not 100% sure on this. We also used the Disney bus back to the airport after the cruise and found it very easy, and again, worth the $35pp. We put our luggage outside our room the night before we disembarked and didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter