Disney bunny - just cause

Often wondered how many people even notice the wildlife !!!! DW and I love watching them !!! We watched a mother with her 10 ducklings for about 45 minutes once.

Often wondered how many people even notice the wildlife !!!! DW and I love watching them !!! We watched a mother with her 10 ducklings for about 45 minutes once.

My family is all about animals so we have tons of pics of them from the world. This little guy was just outside of Maelstrom (long live the king).
dizsparrow.jpg

Eh. Rabbits= rats with long ears. When you have them using your garden as their supermarket they lose their cute factor PDQ. I doubt that the Disney gardeners rate them high on their list of favorite things either.

Eh. Rabbits= rats with long ears. When you have them using your garden as their supermarket they lose their cute factor PDQ. I doubt that the Disney gardeners rate them high on their list of favorite things either.

I grew up on a farm in Tennessee. The rabbits got their little bit of the crops but nothing more than any other animal. Deer were the most troublesome as they would come in at night in herds and level a field of any leafy green veggie.

Oh, yeah. Deer are beautiful animals. But only as long as they are on the OTHER side of the fence. Which never seems to be high enough.

My husband and I were once waiting for Off Kilter to perform and had a nice bench and were comfortable. We still had a few minutes until the show started so he was people watching and I found out soon enough, watching over the World Showcase Lagoon for birds. All of a sudden, he went racing over to the railing (well behind where we were sitting) and stands there watching a bird until after the show started. He came back, so excited, and said he hadn't ever seen a bird like that before. He said it was not an osprey (you see those all the time at Disney World) but he didn't know what it was. We found out later (after talking to a Cast Member at Flights of Wonder) that it was a bald eagle and there are tons of those in Florida.

We see the bunnies a lot at Disney World and the only thing that bothers me is when kids of any age feel the need to run towards the animals to scare them. If a parent doesn't say anything, I will sometimes ask the child how they would feel if someone chased them like they were chasing the animal.

I'm always struck by how different the Florida bunnies are from the ones we have in Ontario. We have a ton living around our house and their ears are longer, and they're much bigger and beefier looking.

One year while staying at CS and walking from the pool we noticed something in the water headed for people standing at the railing. It was a four foot gator. We know this for sure because cm's came and took him out of the lake. Once they associate people with food they are more dangerous. We got pics, on another laptop, I'll try to post later. They talked the mouth and let my kids touch it. Also saw humming birds there but couldn't get a picture of them. Love watching the fauna all around the parks/resorts.

Love all the pictures , thanks for sharing. :) Danny

As the loving owner of two house bunnies, I can assure you that they are not at all like rats. They're not as smart as rats, for starters. :rolleyes1

My kiddos love to stop and watch the bunnies that hang out around the castle. They are major animal lovers! It's a nice break but in the back of my mind the thought pops in my head - I paid how much for you to stand here and watch wild bunnies? Our last trip, we got a snack and watched bunnies for about half an hour. So like I said, nice break from the hustle and bustle of MK.

Great pics. WDW is full of wildlife. I have a web site to help people identify birds at Disney at http://www.bochnik.com/disneybirds/disneybirds.htm

Fizban - your pictures intrigue me. Your first picture is a House Sparrow. But the other birds don't look like American Goldfinch. Were these taken in Disney?
Yes in the bird area at AK. They were in the Aviary. A whole bunch of them. They may be named gold weaver or something similar.

Years ago, while standing in line for the safari ride in AK, we had a little armadillo basically run over our feet. Really cool for us mid-westerners!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter