• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Bride to be! (with questions lol)

You get a discount on hotels by setting up what's called a room block. You can select up to four hotels at which to block rooms and offer discounts. If privacy is a concern, just don't include the hotel you're staying at in the block, or include it (to get the discount for your own stay) and don't offer it to the guests as an option. And if neither of these is feasible, you can always request that the room assigner put your room far away from the rest of your party.

For the questions about Resorts/bus pickups, here is my (somewhat limited) experience:

The All Star value resorts (I know you said you weren't interested in staying there, but this might be where the "full bus" mention came from) often share buses.
All Star Sports is the first for pickup and drop-offs, and therefore preferable in that aspect (the bus always arrives empty, and you always get off first)
Then All Star Music
All Star Movies is last.

During the busier times (park openings / closeing times) each resort has their own bus. But frequently throughout the day, there will be one shared bus for all three. I have been SO HAPPY the times I have stayed at Sports simply due to the fact that I knew I would find space on the bus going to the resort (and even a SEAT), and be able to get off first on the way home.

I stayed once at Coronado Springs, and they have four stops (which is nice because it is a very large resort). If I remember correctly ... the bus picks up in backwards order, 4-3-2-1 .... ... and I can't remember the order it dropped off! Sorry!
Either way, if you stay there, you'll want a preferred space room near stop 4 or 1, which is at the front of the resort and near all the main amenities. The resort is VERY large and after walking around all day at the parks - for breakfast in the morning, or just to fill our mugs...- it was a real pain to trek all the way across the lake to the food court areas. We swore to only book preferred space rooms after that stay :)

That was probably more bus info than you ever wanted .... but that was my experience. Good luck :wave2:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm a Scottish girl too so I'd love to see a planning journal from you do I can keep up to speed with all your decisions! I'm not engaged but hope one day to be planning a dftw of my own! Please start a planning journal I'd love to read it! Xx

thanks everyone for the replies for hotels and discounts an buses etc its been very helpful.

good to know that colorado springs is a long walk to the amenities, we visited there while we in orlando last year, i wanted to get a look at as many prospective hotels as possible. it was lovely we only saw the main area didnt get to see any room blocks or anything so that information is good to know.

Family are possibly stayin at one of the all star resorts so its good to know that bus info for them although they'v not decided completely yet their just starting to look at prices an options etc like me. If they do decide to stay in disney think i def will use room block for some discount! :)

I hadn't really considered doin a planning journal on here but if its somethin people would wanna read i might have a look at a ouple other peoples journals an start mine. i'm slowly slowly beginning to do more an more wedding things lol

xXx

Congratulations!

We visit WDW often and are now planning our 10 year Vow Renewal. I am just going to throw my opinion out there.

French Quarter is my vote. that is where we stayed for our honeymoon and loved it. It was quiet, romantic, not too many children. It was perfect. Granted I have stayed at Animal Kingdom and found it amazing and I have stayed at Old Key west (not a fan of there) I would still choose french quarter especially for the price range. It is not as large as riverside, coronado, or carribean beach. French quarter does share a bus with riverside, but I remember it being the first stop. We visit french quarter every year even if it is just to walk around. I hope that helps.

Congratulations!

We visit WDW often and are now planning our 10 year Vow Renewal. I am just going to throw my opinion out there.

French Quarter is my vote. that is where we stayed for our honeymoon and loved it. It was quiet, romantic, not too many children. It was perfect. Granted I have stayed at Animal Kingdom and found it amazing and I have stayed at Old Key west (not a fan of there) I would still choose french quarter especially for the price range. It is not as large as riverside, coronado, or carribean beach. French quarter does share a bus with riverside, but I remember it being the first stop. We visit french quarter every year even if it is just to walk around. I hope that helps.

thank u :) that does help, french quarter was one we briefy looked around last year quite liked it, what are the rooms like? if its jus a bus between the french an riverside i supose that would b ok prob not too crowded :)

Congrats :-) on up coming wedding .
I too am from Scotland (fife) and getting married @ WDW in August 2014 !! Ages yet I know , but I have already booked my big reception etc.
My partner has been doing some research on the kilt hire situation as he wants to wear one . He's found out apparently there not that many places in Florida who hire them and the ones that do don't have enough in stock for demand and poor quality . Iam not sure if this is correct , but he is not risking it , he is just going to either buy his own or hire it out for 2 weeks .
Good luck :good vibes x x

Congrats :-) on up coming wedding .
I too am from Scotland (fife) and getting married @ WDW in August 2014 !! Ages yet I know , but I have already booked my big reception etc.
My partner has been doing some research on the kilt hire situation as he wants to wear one . He's found out apparently there not that many places in Florida who hire them and the ones that do don't have enough in stock for demand and poor quality . Iam not sure if this is correct , but he is not risking it , he is just going to either buy his own or hire it out for 2 weeks .
Good luck :good vibes x x

2014 like us!! we'r june tho hopefully. we should keep in touch with anythin useful we find out :) i'v nothing booked at all yet an pretty much no decisions made, altho i did get a sample invitation from someone an i love it so i know i have my invitations sorted an ready to order when we have date confirmed etc.
I'm the same for kilts we found a shop west of tampa that would do them but have heard good an bad things about it plus it would b quite a trip there and back for fittings etc think we'r goin 2 do the same just hire them for a few weeks take them with us. we could end up payin a lot of luggage charges *** there'l b 4kilts an a 5 year olds kilt between our whole party.

Good luck to u too :D (ps hav u started a plannin journal yet? i haven't was thinkin of doin one soon dunno if its too early since i have nothin planned anywayz)

xXx

I've been to WDW over 25 times and stayed in every resort except for Caribean Beach. If you want to stay away for kids at a. Operate try Coronado Springs. Since they have a convention center there are usually more adults than children. The rooms are. Ice and it's quiet. We love the Pop Century, the rooms are smaller than a moderate. It have found it quiet, at least compared to the other budget, and very convenient to everything. I don't thinktheyshare a bus with. Anyone. The Wilderness lodge is beautiful and you can usually get a pretty good price. It is the least expensive of the deluxe hotels. The other optionistodo what we do, spend a few nights at a budget Disney so we can afford a few nights at one of the deluxe hotels. They move your luggage for you even in plastic bags.

I've been to WDW over 25 times and stayed in every resort except for Caribean Beach. If you want to stay away for kids at a. Operate try Coronado Springs. Since they have a convention center there are usually more adults than children. The rooms are. Ice and it's quiet. We love the Pop Century, the rooms are smaller than a moderate. It have found it quiet, at least compared to the other budget, and very convenient to everything. I don't thinktheyshare a bus with. Anyone. The Wilderness lodge is beautiful and you can usually get a pretty good price. It is the least expensive of the deluxe hotels. The other optionistodo what we do, spend a few nights at a budget Disney so we can afford a few nights at one of the deluxe hotels. They move your luggage for you even in plastic bags.

thanks for all the advice and experience in the hotels we'r still considering which one to go with its wilderness lodge or poly or S/D (*** we might have a swan wedding) an the port orleans is still an option too. i'm not sure bout stayin in a budget and a deluxe for a few nights each, we'r hopin to b in orlando for 3 weeks an will b stayin in a villa with family for the first part of the holiday an then spend a week in a disney hotel. IMHO it seems like a lot of hassle an waste of time to stay in more than one disney as we'd already need 2 pack up an move our stuff from the villa to disney it seems pointless then to pack up stuff an move again after only a few days. i know disney r good transporting ur luggage etc they cant pack 4 u tho so even tho it would mayb only take an hour or so to pack it'd still feel like a waste 2 me.

ANOTHER QUESTION! sorry guys i'm wondering if people have worn their dress all day on their wedding day, worn a shorter version of their dress, a similar version, a completely different dress or have changed bck to their shorts and tshirts?

heres the situation i'm thinkin of :- wedding ceremony @ the WP or S/D courtyard hopefully around lunch time. then possibly photos in some of the resorts depending on wht photographer we go wi etc. then the only other thing i would like to do is go for a meal somewhere with our family an i was thinkin dinner time so prob bout 6/7pm or somethin. Oh an to finish i think me an my fiance would like to watch the MK fireworks from the poly beach by ourselves.

So what i'm thinkin is what are peoples opinions on the whole dress thing. should i keep the dress on all day, change to something else for the meal an beach (which would mean we could mayb visit a park or somethin in the afternoon if theres time) or change during the afternoon an change bck in2 my dress for the meal and fireworks???????

wht did others do? did anyone have a similar situation?

Debra
xXx

Hi again sweetie. Glad the planning is going well.
Our ceremony was at 3pm and I stayed in my dress for the rest of the day. Our dinner reservation was for 5.30pm. I guess we left to go to BLT at about 7.30pm and we watched the fireworks there with our guests. Afterwards, DH and I had a drink alone at TOTWL and strolled back to our room hand in hand. I kept my dress on the whole time. I loved it so much and wanted to wear it for as long as possible.
I even wore it again a couple of days later for our TTD session with Randy.
I say, unless you plan on going to a park on your wedding day, stay in your dress as long as possible. You will probably not get an opportunity to wear it again!!!

Hi again sweetie. Glad the planning is going well.
Our ceremony was at 3pm and I stayed in my dress for the rest of the day. Our dinner reservation was for 5.30pm. I guess we left to go to BLT at about 7.30pm and we watched the fireworks there with our guests. Afterwards, DH and I had a drink alone at TOTWL and strolled back to our room hand in hand. I kept my dress on the whole time. I loved it so much and wanted to wear it for as long as possible.
I even wore it again a couple of days later for our TTD session with Randy.
I say, unless you plan on going to a park on your wedding day, stay in your dress as long as possible. You will probably not get an opportunity to wear it again!!!

thanks for sharing tinkerbell i agree wear it as much as possible i'l wear it to my reception bck home but even this doesnt seem long enough lol thinkin about it overnight i'd def not change in2 shorts on my wedding day so now to decide whether 2 keep the same dress or go with a shorter one.
i was hopin for a character interaction dinner but i dunno if *** these r in lower priced restaurants i'd feel overdressed in my wedding dress.........haven't decided yet. i dont really plan on goin to the parks on my wedding day altho if i do get a shorter wedding style dress i might b tempted to get a pic wi the castle in it.
so did u do pics with randy on ur wedding day or did u jus do it days later? i'd not thought bout that i figured if we were to book someone for photography we'd get it all done on our wedding day but now another day could b an option an mayb would fit better timewise.
xXx

2014 like us!! we'r june tho hopefully. we should keep in touch with anythin useful we find out :) i'v nothing booked at all yet an pretty much no decisions made, altho i did get a sample invitation from someone an i love it so i know i have my invitations sorted an ready to order when we have date confirmed etc.
I'm the same for kilts we found a shop west of tampa that would do them but have heard good an bad things about it plus it would b quite a trip there and back for fittings etc think we'r goin 2 do the same just hire them for a few weeks take them with us. we could end up payin a lot of luggage charges *** there'l b 4kilts an a 5 year olds kilt between our whole party.

Good luck to u too :D (ps hav u started a plannin journal yet? i haven't was thinkin of doin one soon dunno if its too early since i have nothin planned anywayz)

xXx
Yeah I think we will just hire them here in Scotland , we wont b worrying about weight as there was be 20 of us so we can share the weight ha.But I think altogther we will have 6 adults kilts and 2 kids :scratchin
I havent did anything for my actual wedding, but more so for our recption :).
Aw lovely, where abouts did you buy your sample for you invites? I have been looking around but nothing is catching my eye at the moment. Although we are going dress shopping next week so see whats our there
xxxxx.

We hired Randy for two days - our actual VR day and ages days later to do a Trash the Dress session on the Poly beach, in the lagoon, at Sunset Point and in the Poly pool. It was so much fun!!!!

Yeah I think we will just hire them here in Scotland , we wont b worrying about weight as there was be 20 of us so we can share the weight ha.But I think altogther we will have 6 adults kilts and 2 kids :scratchin
I havent did anything for my actual wedding, but more so for our recption :).
Aw lovely, where abouts did you buy your sample for you invites? I have been looking around but nothing is catching my eye at the moment. Although we are going dress shopping next week so see whats our there
xxxxx.
i just know the last time i went 2 florida our cases were just under the limit when we weighed them at the airport so i'm thinkin wi a kilt in each case they'd def b over lol altho we'r goin for the kilt wi the ghilli shirts instead of proper shirt tie waistcoats etc so thats a little less weight. I'v not did anythin for the reception altho my mum an me are off for a week in oct so we'r plannin on lookin at venues for the reception then an seein what is out there that she can wear as mother of the bride and what sort of dress my sister can wear as bridesmaid so that should b fun. i got my samples from someone on facebook. think it was jolly creations but i'm not entirely sure would need to go check. (if i work out how to add pictures to this thread i'l take a pic of my samples that i think i'm gonna go with)

We hired Randy for two days - our actual VR day and ages days later to do a Trash the Dress session on the Poly beach, in the lagoon, at Sunset Point and in the Poly pool. It was so much fun!!!!
whats a trash the dress session that sounds like fun altho i'm sentimental so i'd prob wanna keep my dress have it cleaned an pressed when i get home an keep it forever lol i could never sell it i'm a hoarder plus i'm too sentimental 2 throw away somethin like that lol was disney ok wi u guys takin photos around the resort in ur wedding dress even tho it wasnt ur wedding day? i'v heard a few people say that disney frown upon it even if it is ur day *** its not a disney photographer its someone u hired outwith disney. i love the poly hotel the pool the beach an its so colourful with all the flowers etc

Hi again sweetie
Although I had a TTD session, my dress is far from trashed. I went into the water (both the lagoon and the pool), rolled around in the sand and sat on the grass in my precious dress and it has cleaned up as good as new and is hanging in my wardrobe today, as fresh as a daisy!!!!
We had no issue with being around the resorts in my dress. You are perfectly entitled to be around anywhere (except the parks themselves), in your wedding dress.
Randy is very well known at WDW and the CMs trust him. He is respectful and would not intrude on the space of other brides or any other guests.
The only time a cast member commented was to congratulate us or to greet Randy warmly. I really had the greatest fun at our TTD session. I can post some pics for you if you wish to see some.

Hi again sweetie
Although I had a TTD session, my dress is far from trashed. I went into the water (both the lagoon and the pool), rolled around in the sand and sat on the grass in my precious dress and it has cleaned up as good as new and is hanging in my wardrobe today, as fresh as a daisy!!!!
We had no issue with being around the resorts in my dress. You are perfectly entitled to be around anywhere (except the parks themselves), in your wedding dress.
Randy is very well known at WDW and the CMs trust him. He is respectful and would not intrude on the space of other brides or any other guests.
The only time a cast member commented was to congratulate us or to greet Randy warmly. I really had the greatest fun at our TTD session. I can post some pics for you if you wish to see some.

do u have the pictures on facebook? think i'v stumbled upon u on the disbrides group, i recognised the picture as being the same as on here lol i'm just thinkin it would b easier to look on there than for u 2 put them on here (unless u want 2 put them here too)

think i might go wi randy just for piece of mind theres so many gd reviews from him an he seems 2 really understand what brides want an its reassuring that the CM's wont b annoyed or bother us too much. was it much more expensive to go wi randy than just use a photographer they provided?

i'm still tryin 2 decide wht will b best between the swan an wedding pavillion. in way of photography i'm thinkin if i went with disney an the WP its gonna work out really expensive 2 get the prints an cd an copyrightin rights to the pictures that we want but if i go wi the swan i'm losin some of the disney things i want. need 2 keep gathering info for a while longer before we make the final decision.

Wow TTD sounds like fun i beat the photos would look amazin jumpin in the pool etc i'l need 2 suggest that 2 the fiance see wht he says lol as long as i know i can get it bck 2 perfect condition then i'm happy lol

ps could u pm instructions on how 2 add pictures to the disboards i want to start my planning journal soon even if i jus do like the introduction bit to us etc but i want 2 put photos in especially as i start plannin an makin proper decisions lol

xXx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter