Disney..box..tote..?

DisneyJillian18

Mouseketeer
Does anyone keep a "Disney box/tote?" A place to keep all those things we take on vacation, and never use in our daily lives? I was thinking of making one, and since I am still over a year out from my trip, slowly adding items into it, that way the bill doesn't hit me all at once two weeks before we leave. That way it's packed for Disney trips to come, we drive to Disney, so we could probably just throw it into the backseat and have everything there, plus I know I wouldn't be forgetting anything! What do you think?

I do! I have a backpack that I only use for Disney - it has the visor I wear there - our disney umbrellas, cheap ponchos, usually some sunscreen (although that can get out of date) and other things that we use only on the trip. It makes it easy to be able to find when I get ready to start packing. I even keep an extra phone charger in there, and now, our magic bands.

Does anyone keep a "Disney box/tote?" A place to keep all those things we take on vacation, and never use in our daily lives? I was thinking of making one, and since I am still over a year out from my trip, slowly adding items into it, that way the bill doesn't hit me all at once two weeks before we leave. That way it's packed for Disney trips to come, we drive to Disney, so we could probably just throw it into the backseat and have everything there, plus I know I wouldn't be forgetting anything! What do you think?

We do! I call it our "emergency kit". As in, if there was an emergency and we had to leave for Disney we would grab it and go. It has ear planes for my middle son, pins and a notebook, rolls of coins for penny machines,hand held fans, stuff like that

Small one over here so far. Mostly cards though like Disney gift cards I accumulate, lanyards and pins, our non-expiring tickets, and money!!

I've heard of others with extra batteries, glow sticks, that sort of stuff.

I keep a big plastic tote; I am 16 months out and just started thinking about what needs to go in it. I like to make a list and buy one thing a month it helps to build the excitement..

I started a box in January when I booked our trip. Now the trip is 2 weeks away and I am SO glad I did this. It eventually grew to two big Rubbermaid bins full of stuff--plane activities, pins, travel toiletries, clothes purchased especially for the trip, random travel accessories--anything that I bought or gathered specifically for WDW went in the bin.

I went through the bins a few weeks ago, made a small list of things I hadn't bought yet, and now I'm DONE. I like that it's all in one place and I'm not searching all over the house thinking "Where did I hide the..." Plus I avoided the huge hit to my wallet that I would have been dealing with if I was running around at the last minute buying all this stuff at once. I'm happy I can just focus on other aspects of the trip now. It was the best tip if received and I'll absolutely do it for future trips.

I do! I have a backpack that I only use for Disney - it has the visor I wear there - our disney umbrellas, cheap ponchos, usually some sunscreen (although that can get out of date) and other things that we use only on the trip. It makes it easy to be able to find when I get ready to start packing. I even keep an extra phone charger in there, and now, our magic bands.

Haha... I was going to post this very thing as a tip but got beaten to the punch. I have a small back pack I've used the past two disney trips - it has grumpy on the front. I wasn't really thinking about a place to put everything but somehow it magically all just ended up there after our trip. Which I didn't remember doing - I am super disorganized. My ds wanted to know where his sorcerer cards from the last trip were and I seriously had absolutely no idea where to even start looking. Then I started wondering where our magic bands were etc. etc. I looked in the back pack on a whim and there everything was.

I have one. It has things we take every trip and anything new for our next trip. It is the one time I don't have to run around trying to figure out where I put things. When I put something in a safe place it is frequently so safe that even I can't find it

I started a box in January when I booked our trip. Now the trip is 2 weeks away and I am SO glad I did this. It eventually grew to two big Rubbermaid bins full of stuff--plane activities, pins, travel toiletries, clothes purchased especially for the trip, random travel accessories--anything that I bought or gathered specifically for WDW went in the bin.

I went through the bins a few weeks ago, made a small list of things I hadn't bought yet, and now I'm DONE. I like that it's all in one place and I'm not searching all over the house thinking "Where did I hide the..." Plus I avoided the huge hit to my wallet that I would have been dealing with if I was running around at the last minute buying all this stuff at once. I'm happy I can just focus on other aspects of the trip now. It was the best tip if received and I'll absolutely do it for future trips.

This is exactly how I thought of it! The box seemed like such a good and practical idea! Have a good trip!

Yep! I have a large box that is on the top shelf of my closet. In it are things we only use at Disney, and things purchased throughout the year at stores to be used specifically for the trip, as I come across good deals in stores. Right now it has a few things for decorating our resort room window, our Disney water mister, our Disney ponchos, pin lanyards, a Mickey birthday candle hat (we usually have at least one person celebrating a birthday on our trips) and some road trip activities.

Yes! We have a plastic tote that has the autograph books, mister, earphones for the plane, kids coloring books, wet wipes, pin lanyards, magic bands, ponchos, quarters and pennies for the pressed coins, Clorox wipes, etc. After each trip all the stuff like this goes back in the box so it's ready for the next time.

I have a tote we took with us last year that had a bunch of items that we ended up just keeping the items in the box between trips.

Surge Protector for charging devices, mouse ears for DD, misting fans, batteries, and a load of other items.

That way during the planning phases I can just place items in the tote and its pretty much packed at any time.

I also keep a shoe box with all the receipts and directions, reservations, and anything else we may need on the drive down.

I have a big canvas bag with Mickey on it for our Disney stuff. Fan misters, the fan on a necklace from $ tree, over the door pocket hanger, extra ear buds and ear plugs, ponchos, clorox anywhere hard surface (spray on everything in the room), coloring book and crayons, ziploc bags, extra pair of reading glasses ($ tree), small first aid kit. I think that's it. :rolleyes1

I have a tote box with my Disney essentials in it, Hair brushes, sewing kit, beach towels, sun visors, paper plates and plastic silverware, ect . I also have a check list to make sure I have everything. There are things I don't keep in the box such as things that expire, sunscreen, aspirin, toothpaste and such. Those are on my check list to get packed a week or two before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter